Philadelphia 76ers @ Toronto Raptors 7:00PM SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Could be that too. But our defense has been falling off a bit long before Amir left with injury. It's just a lot worse now with him out.
    Also we were without Lowry for a couple of games and Vasquez was playing his OLE defense for 35MPG
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Good points. Totally forgot about Amir. Our defensive anchor. We need him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He's resting those ankles
      There made of glass

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Also we were without Lowry for a couple of games and Vasquez was playing his OLE defense for 35MPG
        True.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• AJ should be resting them anyways. Bring him back 1/2 games before Playoffs, to get him back into shape.

I'll say it again, AJ's our MVP. It's clear that our Defense is helping us win games, and he anchors it for us. Help, man-on-man, he does it all. We need him in the lineup, when it truly counts IMHO

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I've noticed it too. I know I'm going to get my head chewed off for this but, could the lack of the D as of late could it have to do with more playing time JV is getting? We're scoring more points but letting the team score more as well. Could someone get some stats so we can know what's changed of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You're going to get your head chewed off because you seem to just troll JV even when you don't mean to.

JV has a lot of work to do defensively, but he has improved visibly as the season has gone on.

And tonight? Casey himself spent most of his post game presser talking about how awful our perimeter D was and how it's been a problem of late. It's hard to play good help D all the time when your perimeter players make no real effort to, or just can't stay in front of their guys and provide any resistance. DeMar was terrible tonight, just awful defensively again. Ross had a very lazy defensive game. Vasquez is useless on that end. Tonight De Colo had a bad game, including on D where he has been decent most nights. Salmons has been inconsistent there since he started slumping.

You talk about how you only criticize JV when he deserves it...well you never criticize other guys when they deserve it. DeMar has been generally awful defensively recently. Maybe he's tired, but when guys are constantly able to get into the paint from the perimeter, it makes it very hard to play solid interior D as a team. Basically if Ross is having a bad night, and given recently Lowry has been playing injured or just sitting, our other perimeter players have been shite most of the time, with DeMar, Salmons and Vasquez (especially him) being the guiltiest parties.

Comment

• JV's defense has looked as good as it ever has over the last few weeks or so. He also looks noticeably fitter and more mobile as well.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                You're going to get your head chewed off because you seem to just troll JV even when you don't mean to.

JV has a lot of work to do defensively, but he has improved visibly as the season has gone on.

And tonight? Casey himself spent most of his post game presser talking about how awful our perimeter D was and how it's been a problem of late. It's hard to play good help D all the time when your perimeter players make no real effort to, or just can't stay in front of their guys and provide any resistance. DeMar was terrible tonight, just awful defensively again. Ross had a very lazy defensive game. Vasquez is useless on that end. Tonight De Colo had a bad game, including on D where he has been decent most nights. Salmons has been inconsistent there since he started slumping.

You talk about how you only criticize JV when he deserves it...well you never criticize other guys when they deserve it. DeMar has been generally awful defensively recently. Maybe he's tired, but when guys are constantly able to get into the paint from the perimeter, it makes it very hard to play solid interior D as a team. Basically if Ross is having a bad night, and given recently Lowry has been playing injured or just sitting, our other perimeter players have been shite most of the time, with DeMar, Salmons and Vasquez (especially him) being the guiltiest parties.

Very True! Our perimeter D has been atrocious. Only Amir can save that kind of horrendous D. Even Kyle has been bad lately. I guess it's the whole not being 100% thing.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  JV's defense has looked as good as it ever has over the last few weeks or so. He also looks noticeably fitter and more mobile as well.
                  I have bad mouthed Hayes at times (mostly because some of the matchups he's thrown in for are really headscratchers), but he's clearly really helped JV. When they're on the floor together, as long as Hayes isn't giving up too much speed, our interior D and rotations have been very good as Hayes is communicating well and helping Jonas get to the right spots, and getting his back on the secondary rotations down low.

Comment

So sick.

I think we need to take a moment and just gush about TROSS! I love this guy...he's got game for days! I wish he'd be more consistent! I can't wait to watch him grow over the years!

So everyone, take a moment of your day and just gush over TROSS! Thanks!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I have bad mouthed Hayes at times (mostly because some of the matchups he's thrown in for are really headscratchers), but he's clearly really helped JV. When they're on the floor together, as long as Hayes isn't giving up too much speed, our interior D and rotations have been very good as Hayes is communicating well and helping Jonas get to the right spots, and getting his back on the secondary rotations down low.
                      Definitely, have started to pay closer attention to this after Leo made a good point about it in the call a few weeks ago. Them playing together freaked me out at first but it seems to be working pretty well in certain situations. I'm sure he'd be great for JV at practice as well. Definitely worth keeping him around I think..

Comment

Definitely, have started to pay closer attention to this after Leo made a good point about it in the call a few weeks ago. Them playing together freaked me out at first but it seems to be working pretty well in certain situations. I'm sure he'd be great for JV at practice as well. Definitely worth keeping him around I think..
                        Well he might be possible trade filler next year, but hang onto him if we can...He'll easily go down to minimum deals after this contract is up.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                          I think we need to take a moment and just gush about TROSS! I love this guy...he's got game for days! I wish he'd be more consistent! I can't wait to watch him grow over the years!

So everyone, take a moment of your day and just gush over TROSS! Thanks!
                          Good call. I spend most of my time on this forum doing just that haha

Comment

Good call. I spend most of my time on this forum doing just that haha
                            I know....hahahahha me too! Even when he makes a mistake, I'm all like its okaaay, he'll do something cool next time around! He's so coool, I wanna pinch his cheeks! LOL

Comment

• IM DRUNKKKKKK!!!

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                                I know....hahahahha me too! Even when he makes a mistake, I'm all like its okaaay, he'll do something cool next time around! He's so coool, I wanna pinch his cheeks! LOL
                                First time in my life seeing that

Comment

Working...
                                X