Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI's Top 10 dunks of the year, where does Ross on Faried land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI's Top 10 dunks of the year, where does Ross on Faried land?

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/09/nba-dun...blake-griffin/

1. Terrence Ross over Kenneth Faried

The 2013-14 Dunk of the Year — with a week left in the season, anyway – comes from Terrence Ross, a two-time Slam Dunk Contest champion (if you count the 2014 team title he won with East teammates Paul George and John Wall). The 6-foot-6 wing understands better than almost anyone how helpful it can be to cock the ball back before delivery. His transition obliteration of Kenneth Faried — a two-time victim on this list — was a perfect example of this approach.

After collecting a deflection, Ross took off on the break in a quasi two-on-two situation. As he passed at halfcourt, he seemed to reluctantly decide that it was time to challenge Faried one-on-one. That reluctance was gone by the time he hit the three-point arc, as he picked up steam and looked to get his stride right. Taking off from well outside the protected circle, Ross leaped powerfully towards Faried’s body before stretching his right arm way back so that the ball would be out of harm’s way. Faried showed excellent hang time, though, so Ross still had to finish the one-handed dunk over a contesting effort. He somehow managed to do just that, even though his body seemingly corked and uncorked throughout the process. The clean finish made this one that much more amazing.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Nice...I see SI is attaching its wagon to Toronto just in case they make noise over the next month.

douchebags

Comment

R.I.P Faried

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Nice...I see SI is attaching its wagon to Toronto just in case they make noise over the next month.

douchebags
        better late than never?
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I love Buycks' and Daye's bench reaction. They're both up before the dunk is completed, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I love Buycks' and Daye's bench reaction. They're both up before the dunk is completed, lol.
            That's what good end of bench guys do. Likely the only thing Daye did all season correctly

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I've been watching that .gif for the last 10 minutes....

Comment

Anybody have the .gif for the other sideline view?

That was by far the best view and showed just how crazy far back he cocked the ball. His spine took the shape of a harp.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Anybody have the .gif for the other sideline view?

That was by far the best view and showed just how crazy far back he cocked the ball. His spine took the shape of a harp.
                  Here's another angle

Comment

douchebags
                    Or they just thought it was a nice dunk? Not everything is a big conspiracy.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      better late than never?
                      Ya I agree.... take what ya can get!

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        Or they just thought it was a nice dunk? Not everything is a big conspiracy.
                        Honestly man, I am so tired of people who say this. There isn't a conspiracy, its basic media marketing, and its something I did for 4 years so please.... stop.

Comment

Honestly man, I am so tired of people who say this. There isn't a conspiracy, its basic media marketing, and its something I did for 4 years so please.... stop.
                          So because you spent 4 years working in media marketing, you now know the inner workings of Sports Illustrated's writers minds?

Please....stop.

Comment

Ya, thats it.

Comment

So you're saying they put it at number 1 just to bandwagon the Raptors, and that it's not actually the best dunk of the season? Because it is a top 3 dunk (there's never a unanimous number 1 obviously), so it's not like it's just some regular Ross dunk they undeservedly put at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X