Chris Webber respecting the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahoang wrote: View Post
    Is anybody else worried about the Bobcats moving into 6th and being a potential first round matchup? (a year ago I'd be laughing at myself and assuming I was being sarcastic)

For some reason they are our Achilles heel.
    Not overly worried. I'd still much rather play Charlotte than Chicago.

Comment

No way we play Chicago in first, it's Charlotte or Wizards. But the next game is key, if we beat Knicks we should get 3rd seed - Milwaukee and Detroit should be no problem and looks like the Knicks will be out of playoff picture by the last game of season. The way Chicago is playing they aren't losing another game this season.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Indiana sat all five of their starters for the entire game
        Yaa but they played the train wreck that is the Milwaukee Bucks
        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Charlotte is currently the 6th seed. I am assuming that Washington will fight to gain the 6th spot back, since they likely won't want to face Miami/ Indiana in the 1st round.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
            Charlotte is currently the 6th seed. I am assuming that Washington will fight to gain the 6th spot back, since they likely won't want to face Miami/ Indiana in the 1st round.
            Yeah. No way I want to face Charlotte in the playoffs

Rathe play Nets than Wizards because of the publicity but I'm scared we won't win, so I'm rooting for us to keep the 3rd seed, and Wizards to regain the 6th seed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              Yeah. No way I want to face Charlotte in the playoffs

Rathe play Nets than Wizards because of the publicity but I'm scared we won't win, so I'm rooting for us to keep the 3rd seed, and Wizards to regain the 6th seed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Same here. Big Al has been a beast as of late, and they've been playing terrific defense.

Although with Washington, Nene will likely be back for the playoffs (I think he played last night), so either way, Amir is going to have his hands full. I'd still take him on Nene over Jefferson. Fingers crossed, I hope John Wall leads the way to the 6th seed whilst tiring himself out so much that he struggles against us in the first round
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

whatever Chrlotte.

its a law of averages and they have taken a few from toronto this year.... both games toronto shat the bed...

I'm not worried anymore than any other team. ALL teams will be on a higher level, NO TEAM is gonna be easy.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                  No way we play Chicago in first, it's Charlotte or Wizards. But the next game is key, if we beat Knicks we should get 3rd seed - Milwaukee and Detroit should be no problem and looks like the Knicks will be out of playoff picture by the last game of season. The way Chicago is playing they aren't losing another game this season.
                  Or Nets. I think Brooklyn is the most likely matchup. You said it yourself, Chicago isn't going to lose again this season. Raptors might.
                  There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                    Or Nets. I think Brooklyn is the most likely matchup. You said it yourself, Chicago isn't going to lose again this season. Raptors might.
                    Their last game is on the road in charlotte. the bobcats are gonna be fighting tooth and nail for that 6th seed, ive been saying all along that's their most likely loss
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      whatever Chrlotte.

its a law of averages and they have taken a few from toronto this year.... both games toronto shat the bed...

I'm not worried anymore than any other team. ALL teams will be on a higher level, NO TEAM is gonna be easy.
                      This statement is being overlooked by way too many people here. Talking like a first round victory is a certainty is crazy. Playoffs are a completely different game. Pace slows, physicality increases, whistles go to stars even more. Experience is a major part of being successful and the Raptors don't have much when it comes to meaningful games. For all those reasons, I think Charlotte is the most favourable matchup. Yes, Big Al is a load, but they don't have to notoriety that a BKN or John Wall has. I think we get the benefit of the whistle in that series, which is huge.
                      There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Why would the 3rd seed mean any more to Toronto then it would to Chicago? Nobody wants miami in the 2nd round, that 3rd seed is huge for both teams.
                        Disagree with that. Chicago is a vet team and have played well against everybody. Toronto hasn't beaten miami in something lie 4 years.

Comment

Thinking about a potential matchup vs. Charlotte brought back memories of this dunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeHQab_lRDw

It would be great to make it to the 2nd round. That would be only the 2nd time in franchise history that the Raptors have done so. Honestly though, I do not want a repeat of 2007, when we were the 3rd seed and got knocked out by VC and the Nets.

We have definitely earned the 3rd seed this season, but we need to play like a third seeded team. The Raptors have one of the best records in the NBA in 2014, and we have taken down some top tier opponents. However, the postseason is a different breed of basketball. This is where legends really become legends, where the real stars shine brightest, and where a long season of supposed learning, growth, and team work are tested.

You guys are right. Be it Charlotte, be it Washington, be it Brooklyn, lets not get too ahead of ourselves by anticipating a 2nd round series. Lets focus on casting our reputation of being a legitimate team in stone. That definitely means taking care of business in the first round, and giving the Heat/Pacers or whomever it is we face in the 2nd round a good fight. (Maybe even the series W).

Comment

Brooklyn will get ALL the help in the world, you can count on that. The NBA has much to gain when an NYC based team makes the later rounds. They generate so much bullshit media and fluff to feed the masses it isn't funny. Whoever get Brooklyn first is gonna have to really, really go hard.

toronto, well they are the ugly stepchild, and I hope they know it, and use it as fuel.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                              Don't look now but Indy reclaimed top spot in EC tonight. Since everyone seems to be looking to the 2nd round already (foolishly), would you rather play BKN to avoid MIA if they stay in 2nd place?
                              It's not foolish at all to be looking at the 2nd round. It's like Chess, it you want to win you need to think several moves ahead. Sure, we may not make the 2nd round, but we shouldn't wait to think about it until we're there, especially since we're just fans shooting the shit on a forum.

Logic and experience this season says that "if" we make the 2nd round, Indiana is by far a better matchup for us than the Heat. Therefore, it'd be foolish to not try and position ourselves for the easiest road to the NBA finals. Not that we have much choice in positioning, other than holding onto the 3 seed, the only thing that is exclusively in our control.

Comment

respect - a raptors fan's wet dream
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X