TO/OKC - Salmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO/OKC - Salmons

One of the bigger assets this team has going into the off season is John Salmons contract situation. Salmons buy out clause must be picked up by June 30th (4 days after draft day). We should look into using his buyout to pry a end of bench talent and move up in the second round from a cheap team *cough OKC *cough

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k4gymef

To OKC

John Salmons
    Pick 59 (Originally OKCs via NYK)

To Toronto
    Perkins
    Perry Jones III
    Memphis 2017 2nd round**

OKC does it to save about 8 million in guaranteed salary, which is huge and will allow them a little more leeway in FA/trades/etc.

We buy out Perkins (probably) or throw him on the end of the bench. PJ3 has made massive strides and has turned into a really good defensive SF who is 6'11", he has stretched his game out to the three but still has work to do. With another off season of work and an opportunity I think he can have a good career, a low risk, high reward move.

**Getting the Memphis pick is not needed, but would be the initial asking and would get rid of it if it was in the way of getting the deal done.

Thoughts? Flier on talent in a low risk move

I like this idea.. I've been thinking all along that Salmons can fetch a really good asset if used wisely. OKC makes a lot of sense. Another option could be Chicago. They may not have to amnesty Boozer if we offer a deal like Salmons+Hayes for him and Charlotte's pick (currently at #16). Chicago saves money immediately (after waiving John for $1M) and still have depth by replacing Boozer with Hayes. They throw in one of their picks to avoid paying Boozer to play somewhere else.

Boozer expires after next year anyways so it doesn't really put a dent in Toronto's cap space for 2015. Boozer would be an upgrade over Hayes. We could package #16 with #19 (Toronto's current pick) to move up in the draft.

Comment

I don't know if we could get Boozer+Pick for Salmons and Hayes

Chicago could just amnesty Boozer and have a larger cap space in the summer for FA signings. That move only saves them 8 million and they give up a good draft pick and a good player for that...not likely

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I don't know if we could get Boozer+Pick for Salmons and Hayes

Chicago could just amnesty Boozer and have a larger cap space in the summer for FA signings. That move only saves them 8 million and they give up a good draft pick and a good player for that...not likely
        And who is going to cut a cheque to Booz for 17 mil? Not the cheap SOB Reinsdorf.
        Bulls are desperate to unload Boozer ( and maybe even Taj) to try for Mirotic and possibly Melo.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
          And who is going to cut a cheque to Booz for 17 mil? Not the cheap SOB Reinsdorf.
          Bulls are desperate to unload Boozer ( and maybe even Taj) to try for Mirotic and possibly Melo.
          They need Taj badly and they'd be crazy to get rid of him to clear capspace. Maybe they do...but maybe they are in fact crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X