Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kings of the 4th Quarter: Raps 33-2 when leading after 3

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    ????

No idea how rudy "looks the part of an all star" by describing height and weight. You're basically saying half the NBA look like all stars then.
    Usually guys who are athletic and drop 20 on any given night are considered pretty good. And name some 6'9 230lb players who you mentioned are 'half the NBA.' Remember gay plays small forward not powerforward

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Phil Jackson could probably make him a great player, thibedaeu as well (I know I spelt that wrong)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    The bulls would be smart to try to pick up Rudy. Thibs might actually turn him into what everyone expects him to be

Post Thanks / Like

How is this in any way a Rudy thread? Lol C'mon guys.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    How is this in any way a Rudy thread? Lol C'mon guys.
    well that escalated quickly

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This was actually something that came to mind for me as well. For all the flack I give the guy, we're a Top-10 Offensive AND Defensive Team. That sort of thing is reserved for Elite Teams... with Miami, OKC, Clippers and Spurs as the only other teams to be both Top-10 in both Catergories.
    Add in the fact that we are an even BETTER team in the 4th Quarter, and it makes me feel good.
    Well to be fair, we WERE top 10 defense earlier in the season. We have actually significantly dropped off from the top 10 while all our main competition except the Nets have all been pretty consistent. Wizards, bobcats and obviously bulls are top 10 defense in the past 10 games. We've dropped down to something like 17th or something.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Well to be fair, we WERE top 10 defense earlier in the season. We have actually significantly dropped off from the top 10 while all our main competition except the Nets have all been pretty consistent. Wizards, bobcats and obviously bulls are top 10 defense in the past 10 games. We've dropped down to something like 17th or something.
    Nah, we're 20th or so over the past month, but cumulatively, we are still top 10 or 11. Prior to the last month we were floating close to 4th for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Some more impressive 4th Quarter stats, as shown on tonight's game:

-1st in Points Allowed
    -4th in Turnovers
    -1st in Opp. FG%
    -1st in second chance points
    -3rd in FTA
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn.....
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to bump this thread, because I really do think this has been the defining trait of the team this season, and it's a trait that not only wins you a lot of games but it's also a trait that demonstrates character. For a group of young players, it's a great sign for the future, and hopefully something that they can carry over to next year, however this season ends and whoever is here next year.

All the narrative in the media right now is about how surprising it was to see the Raptors look like the more poised team down the stretch than the Nets, while nobody acknowledges that this is exactly who the Raptors have been all season. (After reading probably two dozen post-game recaps, I think RR's own Garrett Hinchey was the only writer who mentioned the Raptors' regular season 4th quarter prowess.) Granted, doing it in the playoffs, on the road, with injuries and foul trouble against a veteran team is particularly impressive, but it didn't exactly come out-of-the-blue. This reminded me a lot of the Indiana New Years game: get the early lead, give it away quickly, grind it out through the third and early fourth, and then pick up the defensive intensity midway through the fourth and make the other guys struggle to score a field goal through the last six minutes.

I said at the beginning of the year that clutch play was the main thing I was going to be looking for to evaluate the Raptors this year, after they were the worst clutch team in the league last year. Based on that criteria, this season is already a tremendous success, more than I ever could have expected. Yeah, there are still problems with their frequent lapses in focus, a talent level that's not on par with the elite teams, and general inconsistency throughout the roster. Not everything was going to get fixed this year, and it won't all get fixed next year. But it's a big first step.
    tank-agnostic

10. Like JawsGT, Joey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information