Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secret to the Toronto Raptor's Offense (BBalBreakdown)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret to the Toronto Raptor's Offense (BBalBreakdown)

I have always loved this guy and he finally did a breakdown of the Raptors' offense. Thought you guys might enjoy this

The breakdown of our offence is:

We score more than other teams.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Thx for sharing coach nick is awesome I'm subscribed to him on YouTube n Twitter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

Comment

Great post. They were doing bits of this last year too, but it definitely feels like they've added a lot of wrinkles. I wish that Coach broke down their inbound, and set plays. It would have been cool to see why plays out of time outs are always hit or miss. Also, it would have been interesting to see how they enter into isolation plays. They rarely run isos now, but the lack of weak side movement on those plays bugged me.

Comment

Nice post and a very good find. I like BBallbreakdown (follow them on twitter) as they usually do a pretty good job but I'm often left wanting a bit more.

One thing I'd like to see from them is the usage breakdown of the various sets and mods. How often do the Raps use the pin down vs the cross screen; how many times per game do the Raps use each of the mods, like the wing-cross screen for JV in the post?

Seeing the different variations like this is neat, but without the usages and how often they use their counters, it only provides a very surface level of the offence. It's like looking at a playbook and seeing how many plays are in it, it only tells a part of the story since many of the plays are used infrequently.

I'd also love to see them look at inbounds plays (sideline and baseline) to see what the quick hitters are in those clutch situations.

Anyways, didn't mean to sound so critical, guess it's the coach in me lol, but still a great OP post to add to the forum.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

BBALLBREAKDOWN: Raptors Offense

Really insightful stuff here. Not sure how much is Casey's running, but we truly do have a great looking offence.

One thing that is unfortunate is how slow our pace is, despite us being the most efficient transition team.

Comment

Already a thread with this in it.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                Already a thread with this in it.
                Oh sorry, I just woke up and saw this and decided to post it.

My mistake.

Comment

Didn't realize how efficient we were on the break. Gut tells me we should be running more, but on the other hand, increasing our pace might take us out of our comfort zone.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Apr 11, 2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    ...One thing I'd like to see from them is the usage breakdown of the various sets and mods. How often do the Raps use the pin down vs the cross screen; how many times per game do the Raps use each of the mods, like the wing-cross screen for JV in the post?

Seeing the different variations like this is neat, but without the usages and how often they use their counters, it only provides a very surface level of the offence. ...
                    I'm guessing that who they are playing has a lot to do with which sets are used. As far as that goes it probably is related to who is on the floor, who is covering our starters etc. That would be why the coaches are constantly calling out plays.

Comment

Thanks for the find Blacklash. Worth the watch.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I'm guessing that who they are playing has a lot to do with which sets are used. As far as that goes it probably is related to who is on the floor, who is covering our starters etc. That would be why the coaches are constantly calling out plays.
                        Yes, but there is still going to be tendencies regardless of the opponents. We may run the Ross fade screen in the corner 4 times per game against most opponents, but the JV wing-cross-screen post-up only 2 times per game. Those are the meaty tendencies that I am interested in.

It would be like giving the Raps transition efficiency (really high) but not pointing out that we rarely run in transition (which the video covered).
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Makes sense we're one of the worst ISO teams in the league. That's something that should be addressed. Great analysis.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                          X