Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLSE and Bon Jovi getting Toronto an NFL team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLSE and Bon Jovi getting Toronto an NFL team?

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/04/10/b...o-bid-on-bills

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This would be dope
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I'm suddenly in awe of NFL owners. Jon Bon Jovi's net worth is estimated to be 300 million, and they're saying he can't really afford a team (primary owner needs to pay for 30%). Just think about that for a second.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I'm suddenly in awe of NFL owners. Jon Bon Jovi's net worth is estimated to be 300 million, and they're saying he can't really afford a team (primary owner needs to pay for 30%). Just think about that for a second.
        It's very hard to calculate celebrities net worth, buddy. He could be worth much much more.

Comment

Yes, he could be -- but they made a point that at 300M, he would have to sell everything he owns to be able to afford a *share* of an NFL team. Btw, the Bills are probably the lowest value team in the NFL.

Crazy.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

Yes, he could be -- but they made a point that at 300M, he would have to sell everything he owns to be able to afford a *share* of an NFL team. Btw, the Bills are probably the lowest value team in the NFL.

Crazy.
            He wouldn't have to sell anything. He'll take an asset-backed loan if he needs liquidity. Also, I'm sure he's worth much much more than 300M if not... he's very stupid then, but who knows, maybe he sees success in owning NFL team in Toronto. I wonder what market researchers think.
            Last edited by rocwell; Fri Apr 11, 2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

This is not happening. Period.

I wish it would, but it's just not.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                This is not happening. Period.

I wish it would, but it's just not.
                Why not?

Comment

Ralph Wilson bought the Buffalo Bills for $25,000 in 1959. Today, the franchise is worth an estimated $870 million.

Think about THAT for a second

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Ralph Wilson bought the Buffalo Bills for $25,000 in 1959. Today, the franchise is worth an estimated $870 million.

I heard before he died he was planning to sell it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

He took 1 $25,000 and made it 34,800 $25,000.

Nice return. Granted it took him 55 years.... pfffft - weak.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        He took 1 $25,000 and made it 34,800 $25,000.

Nice return. Granted it took him 55 years.... pfffft - weak.
                        He should've totally invested in laser discs instead.

Comment

I've been following this for some time...there is a great chance this happens..

1. Ralph Wilson was never gonna sell the team while he was alive but always planned on selling the team once he died...the original plan back in 2007 was to sell the team to Ted Rogers to move to Toronto upon Wilson's death..unfortunately Rogers died just a year later with Wilson outliving him.

2. Im pretty sure Bon Jovi is just a pawn in the big picture...MLSE & Leiwieke is pulling the strings here...i assume the plan here is since the NFL rules require an individual to be the face of ownership in a franchise..not a corporation...Bon Jovi (a NY state resident with close ties to Liewieke) buys the team to be the front man with MLSE funding the majority of the purchase (70%), Jovi keeps the team in Buffallo till the end of the 2019 season when the lease with the Raplh Wilson stadium can be bought out for $28million instead of the $400 million cost otherwise, allowing Toronto & MLSE 6 years to build an NFL stadium here. It is very exciting time to be an NFL fan in Toronto cause this has a good chance of happening.

Comment

btw...you wanna talk about great ROI

Chicago Bears were bought for $100 ($1250 in todays value) in 1920
                            NY Giants were brought for $500 ($6500 in todays value) in 1925

Comment

I agree that Leiweke is the puppetmaster here. The money guys are Tannenbaum & son of Ted Rogers with Bon Jovi topping up the price. Tanenbaum being in real estate and construction and local politics supplies the stadium building muscle as well. TL also has big connections in the NFL and came within a whisker of getting a NFL team for LA in his lat gig at AEG. I would not be surprised at all that he was primarily hired for this gig in the first place.

I do feel sorry for Buffalo though...this would crush them if the team moved. They are a depressed area in more ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X