Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MLSE and Bon Jovi getting Toronto an NFL team?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Ironic you should mention free agent signings by the Raps gets helped because of the NFL. As we know the NFL has a free agent fest each year (the turnover is atrocious due to their cba and non guaranteed contracts). What if the NFLer f/a decided to think of the TO team location to be a backwater too!!
    it's certainly possible. But wasn't Buffalo already a backwater team? Might still be a step up for that organization if it happened.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    it's certainly possible. But wasn't Buffalo already a backwater team? Might still be a step up for that organization if it happened.
    Quite right and the test in the immortal words of one Joakim Noah (about Cleveland) was ..."Nobody says they went on a vacation to Cleveland...right?". Ouch.

I was actually thinking of those other bugaboos...taxes, customs/immigration and of course no ESPN.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Quite right and the test in the immortal words of one Joakim Noah (about Cleveland) was ..."Nobody says they went on a vacation to Cleveland...right?". Ouch.

I was actually thinking of those other bugaboos...taxes, customs/immigration and of course no ESPN.
    Oh for sure...but you might be ok with that to actually play in a city with, you know, stuff to do/see and things to spend your money on (other than hot wings) rather than in a cesspool like Buffalo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly would rather not have the NFL here in Toronto. Had the CFL and the NFL been the same type of sport, this could have worked like how the CHL is to the NHL.

Toronto has the Argos, and the CFL still exists. I think putting an NFL team in Toronto would kill the league or at least the Argos, and at the same time, I think the Toronto NFL team would get the same treatment and bias like the other Canadian teams experience in American sports leagues. Then we will have another bad Toronto team to add to our sporting woes.

Why not just have an exhibition between an NFL team and the Argos or the CFL all-star team? Maybe try to compromise the rules and what not, but I read on wikipedia that they used to do this before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information