No announcement yet.

Charles Barkley says raptors are dangerous team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might have been swept by Charlotte this season, but the games are so much closer where most came down to the last shot/ft. It's not similar to how Miami swept this season series. I would say we were just unlucky this season vs them. We gotta give credit to the Bobcats tho. Just like us or even worse, they are the laughing stock of the league for a long time. Signing the best big man in the league was key - Al Jefferson. Other than Kyle Lowry, he was the biggest snub of the all-star game. He deserves to be there rather than overrated Roy Hibbert and Rupaul.

The key factor I would have to be - "Foul on Jonas". Jonas did a terrific job against Hibbert and has dominated Drummond this season too. But he struggles against bigs that have a perimeter game and /or polished post games (Jefferson, Cousins, Aldridge).

It should still be a good series regardless. We all want Washington, but they did beat us at home after 3 OT's, so technically, the momentum's in their favour. Playoffs are a different ball game. 1 injury can also decide a series regardless of ranking (Bulls vs. Philly).

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Meh. I honestly don't think Kenny Smith has ever watched a Raptors game this year. Raptors will beat the Bobcats in 5 games if they play each other in the playoffs. Bobcats IMO are the easiest matchup for the Raptors.

But back to Smith. This is the 2nd time he went against the Raptors this season. Back in the all-star break he said that the Nets will win the Atlantic and finish 3rd in the Eastern Conference. Great prediction.
      Completely agree about the matchup with Charlotte. Easiest lineup to deal with and Raps would get benefit of the whistle in that series.
      There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Meh. I honestly don't think Kenny Smith has ever watched a Raptors game this year. Raptors will beat the Bobcats in 5 games if they play each other in the playoffs. Bobcats IMO are the easiest matchup for the Raptors.

But back to Smith. This is the 2nd time he went against the Raptors this season. Back in the all-star break he said that the Nets will win the Atlantic and finish 3rd in the Eastern Conference. Great prediction.
        I do too think we will beat Charlotte though am a little concerned re Al Jefferson inside.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I agree with poster caccia that Casey is going to have to play an important role in the playoffs and be quick on his feet/ take. Has he shortened his bench yet? I would say no. And this has been a tried and tested method of team deployments in the p/o. But we have a 11-12 deep team...so...what does he do? Those funky rotations may have been trial runs to determine what works. It also serves to screw up prying eyes (scouting reports) who are checking the Raps out. Casey has been to the p/o but not as HC and Nurse is a rookie. It's going to be very very interesting. In many ways this also a pinnacle for the coaches.
          This. A million times this.

Why doesn't anyone else think these people have able minds?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            I agree with poster caccia that Casey is going to have to play an important role in the playoffs and be quick on his feet/ take. Has he shortened his bench yet? I would say no. And this has been a tried and tested method of team deployments in the p/o. But we have a 11-12 deep team...so...what does he do? Those funky rotations may have been trial runs to determine what works. It also serves to screw up prying eyes (scouting reports) who are checking the Raps out. Casey has been to the p/o but not as HC and Nurse is a rookie. It's going to be very very interesting. In many ways this also a pinnacle for the coaches.
            Yes and no. At this moment in NBA history, things are more complicated in that most teams want to be able to roll out a big lineup as well as a small-ball lineup. This necessarily means that you have to keep a variety of rotations sharp + game ready.

Just look at Pops: he's routinely playing 13 players a night.

My qualm lately with Casey is that he actually hasn't been playing enough players; I think he should be playing Fields more. We're going to need him to defend LBJ if we run into Miami.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Yes and no. At this moment in NBA history, things are more complicated in that most teams want to be able to roll out a big lineup as well as a small-ball lineup. This necessarily means that you have to keep a variety of rotations sharp + game ready.

Just look at Pops: he's routinely playing 13 players a night.

My qualm lately with Casey is that he actually hasn't been playing enough players; I think he should be playing Fields more. We're going to need him to defend LBJ if we run into Miami.
              I couldn't agree more. Now is the time to see what they have at the end of the bench (Fields, De Colo, etc.) Especially since Salmons has been terrible at the end of back-to-backs; I fear the playoff grind will wear on him. It would have been nice if Fields was getting burn and gaining confidence going into the playoffs. Even with horrible shooting, I like his defense, passing, and movement off the bench.

One aspect about Casey this year that sometimes gets overlooked is he is good at making in-game adjustments. This bodes well since teams are so heavily scouted in the playoffs. He's been the assistant on two very good teams that went to the finals (Sonics and Mavs). So he has some experience in the playoffs learning from Carlisle and Karl.

Comment

OtisDonks wrote: View Post
                Tonight on inside the NBA, Charles Barkley said the Raptors are going to win a round in the playoffs, and cause trouble for either the Pacers or the Heat do you agree?
                coming from probably one of the worse analysts out there.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                  this is completely wrong and I don't know why this is even possible in some people's minds.

What exactly are they going to do that we would have trouble with? If you really think about it, this is the case of people underestimating the raptors more than anything else.

People have go to understand how high of a level we have been playing at for basically the entire season, and how well derozan and lowry have been playing.

Even if you're not sold on us beating experienced teams like Brooklyn, who we should still beat but have the age on us, you HAVE to think that we will beat teams like charlotte and washington. They have no experience. They have less talent. and they're a worse team.

We've got to do our part in changing the culture around this team too people!
                  Except that they've beat us not once, not twice, but three times this season. They have the interior presence that we unfortunately can't match at this point, have a defence that's been able to stifle DD (thanks to MKG) and have been able to make Ross a non-factor. They've upgraded their bench now and while I do think that we've still got the better second unit, that season sweep speaks for itself.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Nobody posted a link so here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nD90E6OGFw

Comment

I don't put too much stock into what those two bozo's say, Charles seems like he's half in the bag when he's on the air and Kenny just talks too much and really says nothing of any substance ever. TNT's halftime is virtually unwatchable for me, from a pure basketball analysis perspective and the jokes they try to pull off are worse than Ron McLean's on Coaches Corner.

Comment

Whoa I just realized something

Maybe Casey is playing the weird rotations because he wants the nba playoff scouts to misjudge the raps and think this is how welsh. He is really saving fields and playing val and ross 20 for the playoffs. All the teams will be caught off guard because they have a completely wrong idea of what Casey plays.

Damn if this is true Casey is a geniuses
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Maybe Casey is playing the weird rotations because he wants the nba playoff scouts to misjudge the raps and think this is how welsh. He is really saving fields and playing val and ross 20 for the playoffs. All the teams will be caught off guard because they have a completely wrong idea of what Casey plays.

This would be epic!!!!!

Comment

Wow this is awesome. So casey's plan is to insert a random Euro nation into the starting lineup? We can't lose.

Meme Generator
                            Funny Pictures

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Except that they've beat us not once, not twice, but three times this season. They have the interior presence that we unfortunately can't match at this point, have a defence that's been able to stifle DD (thanks to MKG) and have been able to make Ross a non-factor. They've upgraded their bench now and while I do think that we've still got the better second unit, that season sweep speaks for itself.
                              It looks like the raptors are not going to play them so there's no point in speculating and analysing both teams.

What I will say, and what my point was, is that in a 7 game series, the best team always wins. Were better than the bobcats and Washington. I'm more than confident in saying that we would beat these teams in a 7 game series.

If you doubt that at this point, I am saying it's more because we have a losing culture than anything else. Sometimes were more inclined to count the one or two ways we can lose instead of the multitude of ways we can win.

Comment

Completely Genius!
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X