Thread: Help please!

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please!

Going to my first raptors game tomorrow, want to make the most of it, anyone know where the cheapest accessories/food are? And if I come early can I take pictures with the players? And if there's anything else to know please tell!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cheapest accessories and food are anywhere but in the ACC. Last Raptor game I went to, I paid $20 for 2 slices of Pizza. Although, if you really want to get some food, the cheapest I saw were nachos, subs, and hotdogs (I'm not exactly sure if there was hotdogs, but I think there was). But the majority of everything in the ACC are priced the same so I wouldn't expect any shop to have a different price for the same thing.
    Also about the pictures thing, I came early to a game before and all I got to do was see the players practice from a few rows above court side.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with above. Enjoy
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot. (Update....we did it)

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwww!!!! Its awesome that you've got your first game at the ACC coming up!

If you look like you're supposed to be there, the first floor exits lead to the platinum lounge areas. There you can find rooms with food meant to cater to large corporate parties. Last time I had a seat at the 100 levels I got free sushi/pizza etc from a room catering to some group from Sony. Someone asked me eventually if I was from Sony, of which I said 'ofcourse!' and went back to my seat. However, if they ask to look at your ticket they will be able to tell that you are not in the seats reserved for Sony, or whoever. If you're stealth about it, and look confident enough like you belong, then you'll be set.

Also, Players look ALOT larger in real life + its kinda surreal to realize that they are real human beings out there when you see them in person.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

5. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Going to my first raptors game tomorrow, want to make the most of it, anyone know where the cheapest accessories/food are? And if I come early can I take pictures with the players? And if there's anything else to know please tell!

No chance re pictures WITH players in playoffs unless court side and some one ends up in your lap!

Post Thanks / Like

Section 113 row 7 for $275, good or bad?

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Best advice....eat a huge meal before you go, you dont want to waste your cash inside the ACC my man.

If you do, you cant go wrong with a simple hotdog.

And as Enlightenment says, great to go to a game for a fan so you can finally get a good idea just how big players really are. They are massive men. The small ones are big.

hahaha

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Note about food:

For the non-franchise places, in other words, the standard concession stands that aren't owned by an external franchise like Hero Burger, Smoke's Poutinerie, Mr. Sub, etc....The stands that sell nachos, hot dogs, pizza and stuff, the pizza is the only hot food made on premises. Everything else is precooked and shipped in. So if you want "quality", either shell out for an overpriced sub/burger, or pick up a slice of pizza. God only knows where the hot dogs come from and when they were actually cooked.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Section 113 row 7 for $275, good or bad?

personally not a fan of those areas. you're basically behind the net with no real angle to see anything properly. but thats just my taste. up in the 321/309 sections with the real (cheap) fans all the way!

Post Thanks / Like

What time should I be present at the acc?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gates usually open an hour before tipoff.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I used to sing the National Anthems for the Christmas games. We got to go down on the court when it was Vince and Mo'Pete, Oakley. It was amazing. They were absolutely enormous. During the warm ups Mo Pete took a moment to say hi to me. Nicest guy period...

Fan since day one. It will hurt me physically if they lose to Brooklyn, another team trying to buy a championship.

14. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    My wife and I used to sing the National Anthems for the Christmas games. We got to go down on the court when it was Vince and Mo'Pete, Oakley. It was amazing. They were absolutely enormous. During the warm ups Mo Pete took a moment to say hi to me. Nicest guy period...

Fan since day one. It will hurt me physically if they lose to Brooklyn, another team trying to buy a championship.
    Youtube clip or it didn't happen.

Just kidding.

16. Like jshchn liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jalen and Bill Simmons taking us to beat Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love watching the announcement of the starting lineup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Note about food:

For the non-franchise places, in other words, the standard concession stands that aren't owned by an external franchise like Hero Burger, Smoke's Poutinerie, Mr. Sub, etc....The stands that sell nachos, hot dogs, pizza and stuff, the pizza is the only hot food made on premises. Everything else is precooked and shipped in. So if you want "quality", either shell out for an overpriced sub/burger, or pick up a slice of pizza. God only knows where the hot dogs come from and when they were actually cooked.
    Depends on the dogs... If you go to Nathans Famous Dogs they cook em on the grill right in the front.

The Bacon Wrapped Dogs are delightful.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Love watching the announcement of the starting lineup
    Got the whole thing on my camera. A lot of fun watching the guys interact and practice their 'jump bumps' and stuff.
    In Masai we Trust.

Thread Information