Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeMar's Poster: Mozgov or Singler?

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    literally jumping over a 7 footer, in game 360 breakaway, rick smits (my favourite one). just the immediate off the top of my head ones.
    The Weis dunk? Thought the discussion was about Raptors dunks.
    I was at that game *brags*

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    The Weis dunk? Thought the discussion was about Raptors dunks.
    I was at that game *brags*
    Indeed it is focusing on Raptors dunks....so the Weis one is disqualified. I mean, it is arguably the greatest in-game dunk of all time though.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    literally jumping over a 7 footer, in game 360 breakaway, rick smits (my favourite one). just the immediate off the top of my head ones.
    It's been quite a while, and I sometimes forget how sick some of them really were. Just did a lil Youtube search and found this:

I recalled the dunk vs Minny(16 I think it was), and the 360 vs Cleveland(#4). My favorite one on the list is the alley-oop vs Clippers(#3). That's the epitome of supreme athlete right there!

One thing I will say is that he wasn't challenged on many of them, lots of open court dunks. Not taking anything away from him, but there's just something about posterizing guys that make the dunk that much more special. The Weis dunk is definitely the best in-game dunk I've ever seen though. He is the best dunker of all-time, I don't even think it's a question. It's more about who's second?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

4. Like footarez, Primer, Nilanka, Joey, Mediumcore liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video Mack North, still no touching VC's dunks.

Both of DD's dunks were nice. Will give the edge to the Mozgov 'cause he was a seven footer.

6. Like OldSkoolCool, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The quality of video is reminding me of how long ago this actually was now ...

There are quite a few in there, where he's doing 360s and Windmills in traffic. Maybe not actually dunking on someone, but man oh man... Vince muh'f*ckin' Carter. What a boss.
    Demar just isn't the "acrobat" that Vince was. Heck, no one is.

Though I remember one, where Jose threw the alley-oop pass, and Demar let it go off the board before catching it and throwing it down.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 14th, 2014 at 09:06 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

8. Like Mediumcore liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

The quality of video is reminding me of how long ago this actually was now ...

There are quite a few in there, where he's doing 360s and Windmills in traffic. Maybe not actually dunking on someone, but man oh man... Vince muh'f*ckin' Carter. What a boss.
    Demar just isn't the "acrobat" that Vince was. Heck, no one is.

Though I remember one, where Jose threw the alley-oop pass, and Demar let it go off the board before catching it and throwing it down.
    Sick! It's like centres wouldn't even bother trying to challenge his dunks for fear of being posterized. Man Joey, we were truly spoiled early on as Raptor fans. Gonna have to have a smoke after that vid.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 14th, 2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Whoops. Didn't actually edit.

10. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Demar's dunk on Joakim is forgotten and underrated

True.

And the fact he blew by Butler was impressive.

I think it has been forgotten because most Raptor fans have put the memories of the Raptors with Rudy Gay deep in to the most subliminal recesses of their mind. It was a painful time in Raptor history.... and that is saying something considering most of the Raptors history has been painful.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Sick! It's like centres wouldn't even bother trying to challenge his dunks for fear of being posterized. Man Joey, we were truly spoiled early on as Raptor fans. Gonna have to have a smoke after that vid.
    HAH Tell me about it man. Hence why so many have struggled through the down years. Princes to Paupers!
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what goes through a players head during and after a posterization......hmmmm

Before:

Mozgov: I like basketball. Basketball fun, I make money, gee I'm hungry. Hey here comes a little guy I must stop him.

During: I think I can, I think I can, I think i ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

After: I make money, I'm still hungry, what's a twitter?

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    You talking in-game dunks? You think VC really holds 1-10? I need proof!
    This is a great idea for a thread. Top 10 Raptor dunks of all time as voted by the Republic. Make brackets. Let's do this.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

15. Like BigCamB, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mozgov. Not even close.

Honorable mention to Tyrus Thomas:

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid TSN with that fugly camera angle.

18. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been quite a while, and I sometimes forget how sick some of them really were. Just did a lil Youtube search and found this:

I recalled the dunk vs Minny(16 I think it was), and the 360 vs Cleveland(#4). My favorite one on the list is the alley-oop vs Clippers(#3). That's the epitome of supreme athlete right there!

One thing I will say is that he wasn't challenged on many of them, lots of open court dunks. Not taking anything away from him, but there's just something about posterizing guys that make the dunk that much more special. The Weis dunk is definitely the best in-game dunk I've ever seen though. He is the best dunker of all-time, I don't even think it's a question. It's more about who's second?
    The Clippers lob is one of my favourite dunks of all time. Timeless.

Also of note throughout that entire clip is how loud the road crowd noise was when Carter dunked. The Raptors were a "premium" ticket in opposing arenas simple because of Carter's theatrics.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just watched the highlight of the singler dunk and what struck me was that it was so nasty even JV looked scared

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit, I had forgotten how nasty Vince was in a Raps uniform. DD and Ross dunks are great but they aren't shit compared to Vince. He was doing stuff that would take guys 10 tries in the dunk contest, and he was doing it in traffic, with ease. Unbelievable.

22. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another look at the Carter lob at the Clippers. The slow motion replays give me goosebumps.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My god that windmill has some of the craziest extension ive ever seen.

25. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Here's another look at the Carter lob at the Clippers. The slow motion replays give me goosebumps.

The commentators almost, almost ruin the dunk. I mean come on, no reaction at all essentially?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    The commentators almost, almost ruin the dunk. I mean come on, no reaction at all essentially?
    The crowd more than made up for it

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to have a lot of autocorrects! lol Turn that shit off!
    Here's the problem, I don't know how...

Here's the bigger problem, I'm to lazy to figure it out
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information