DeMar's Poster: Mozgov or Singler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya, I'd say Carter holds 1-10 in the Top 10 Raptors Dunks of All-Time, but Demar and Ross would likely fall into the Top 15 maybe? LOL

Definitely the Mozgov dunk. That was messed up. I felt bad watching that.
    Off the top of my head I can't think of a better non-Carter dunk. Including all the ridiculous shit I can remember from Ross. As good as the Faried dunk, I don't even think it's close. It's so dirty. It's so brutal it's downright criminal.

Comment

Ya, I'd say Carter holds 1-10 in the Top 10 Raptors Dunks of All-Time, but Demar and Ross would likely fall into the Top 15 maybe? LOL

You talking in-game dunks? You think VC really holds 1-10? I need proof!

Comment

As good as Carter was, this DeMar dunk on Mozgov is at least close to as good as some of his best, if not as good. It's reminiscent of Vince's dunks on Duncan and Mutombo. It is one nasty dunk.

Comment

How about this one?

OG is our king

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            literally jumping over a 7 footer, in game 360 breakaway, rick smits (my favourite one). just the immediate off the top of my head ones.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              literally jumping over a 7 footer, in game 360 breakaway, rick smits (my favourite one). just the immediate off the top of my head ones.
              The Weis dunk? Thought the discussion was about Raptors dunks.
              I was at that game *brags*

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                The Weis dunk? Thought the discussion was about Raptors dunks.
                I was at that game *brags*
                Indeed it is focusing on Raptors dunks....so the Weis one is disqualified. I mean, it is arguably the greatest in-game dunk of all time though.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  It's been quite a while, and I sometimes forget how sick some of them really were. Just did a lil Youtube search and found this:

I recalled the dunk vs Minny(16 I think it was), and the 360 vs Cleveland(#4). My favorite one on the list is the alley-oop vs Clippers(#3). That's the epitome of supreme athlete right there!

One thing I will say is that he wasn't challenged on many of them, lots of open court dunks. Not taking anything away from him, but there's just something about posterizing guys that make the dunk that much more special. The Weis dunk is definitely the best in-game dunk I've ever seen though. He is the best dunker of all-time, I don't even think it's a question. It's more about who's second?

Comment

Nice video Mack North, still no touching VC's dunks.

Both of DD's dunks were nice. Will give the edge to the Mozgov 'cause he was a seven footer.

Comment

The quality of video is reminding me of how long ago this actually was now ...

There are quite a few in there, where he's doing 360s and Windmills in traffic. Maybe not actually dunking on someone, but man oh man... Vince muh'f*ckin' Carter. What a boss.
                      Demar just isn't the "acrobat" that Vince was. Heck, no one is.

Though I remember one, where Jose threw the alley-oop pass, and Demar let it go off the board before catching it and throwing it down.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 14, 2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

The quality of video is reminding me of how long ago this actually was now ...

There are quite a few in there, where he's doing 360s and Windmills in traffic. Maybe not actually dunking on someone, but man oh man... Vince muh'f*ckin' Carter. What a boss.
                        Demar just isn't the "acrobat" that Vince was. Heck, no one is.

Though I remember one, where Jose threw the alley-oop pass, and Demar let it go off the board before catching it and throwing it down.
                        Sick! It's like centres wouldn't even bother trying to challenge his dunks for fear of being posterized. Man Joey, we were truly spoiled early on as Raptor fans. Gonna have to have a smoke after that vid.
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 14, 2014, 09:07 AM. Reason: Whoops. Didn't actually edit.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Demar's dunk on Joakim is forgotten and underrated

True.

And the fact he blew by Butler was impressive.

I think it has been forgotten because most Raptor fans have put the memories of the Raptors with Rudy Gay deep in to the most subliminal recesses of their mind. It was a painful time in Raptor history.... and that is saying something considering most of the Raptors history has been painful.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Sick! It's like centres wouldn't even bother trying to challenge his dunks for fear of being posterized. Man Joey, we were truly spoiled early on as Raptor fans. Gonna have to have a smoke after that vid.
                            HAH Tell me about it man. Hence why so many have struggled through the down years. Princes to Paupers!

Comment

I wonder what goes through a players head during and after a posterization......hmmmm

Before:

Mozgov: I like basketball. Basketball fun, I make money, gee I'm hungry. Hey here comes a little guy I must stop him.

During: I think I can, I think I can, I think i ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

After: I make money, I'm still hungry, what's a twitter?
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                This is a great idea for a thread. Top 10 Raptor dunks of all time as voted by the Republic. Make brackets. Let's do this.
                                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Working...
                                X