Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Amir knew Turk was going to miss 2nd Free Throw

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Amir knew Turk was going to miss 2nd Free Throw

    If you saw Amir Johnson's post-game locker room interview, he said that when Turk took the second free throw, Turk actually said "OFF", which let Johnson get a little extra ahead of his player in order to get in the thick of the play and have the ball bounce off the Hawks. Just a minor detail but amazing stuff really, since it pretty much led to our game-winning shot by Bosh. Great court awareness.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter Dark Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was actually a really smart play on Hedo's part. Definetly a vet move. If Hedo sinks the second free throw, Hawks have a chance to win or we go to OT. Good to see Hedo trusts his team-mates.

    BTW, Nice name.
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haha. You guys really dig deep to try and praise Hedo. He now gets credits for not being able to come through in the clutch?

    The guy has been a complete disaster since day one and because of that fans are now actively reaching to find ways to spin his abhorrent play into something positive. The guy has three moves, none of which are effective. He either shoots a pull up three in transition or after lulling his defender to sleep, takes an off balance fading away from the basket mid range jumper or drives to the net and flails his arms hoping to get a call.

    His role is supposed to be a fourth quarter go to guy. He's hit one shot all season and that was actually his second kick at the can. The guy should not be playing at the end game and should never be involved in the final shot. Bosh has proved he can score with the game on the line and has the 3 as a secret weapon in his back pocket.

    This whole concept that as long as Hedo hits a couple big shots in the post season is ridiculous. Why didn't we just throw 50 million at Ben Gordon for the same results.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dark Knight wrote: View Post
    I

    BTW, Nice name.
    Nice Avatar btw, I was about the shoo that little fly away from my screen when I realised it was just an avatar.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dark Knight wrote: View Post
    It was actually a really smart play on Hedo's part. Definetly a vet move. If Hedo sinks the second free throw, Hawks have a chance to win or we go to OT. Good to see Hedo trusts his team-mates.

    BTW, Nice name.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Haha. You guys really dig deep to try and praise Hedo. He now gets credits for not being able to come through in the clutch?

    The guy has been a complete disaster since day one and because of that fans are now actively reaching to find ways to spin his abhorrent play into something positive. The guy has three moves, none of which are effective. He either shoots a pull up three in transition or after lulling his defender to sleep, takes an off balance fading away from the basket mid range jumper or drives to the net and flails his arms hoping to get a call.

    His role is supposed to be a fourth quarter go to guy. He's hit one shot all season and that was actually his second kick at the can. The guy should not be playing at the end game and should never be involved in the final shot. Bosh has proved he can score with the game on the line and has the 3 as a secret weapon in his back pocket.

    This whole concept that as long as Hedo hits a couple big shots in the post season is ridiculous. Why didn't we just throw 50 million at Ben Gordon for the same results.
    I'm not praising Hedo for missing his FT, not at all, just Amir for being so focused. And I agree with you that Turkoglu has been a disappointment so far ultimately, but "The guy should not be playing at the end game and should never be involved in the final shot."? I think that's a stretch. I definitely want him out there at the end of games.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Nice Avatar btw, I was about the shoo that little fly away from my screen when I realised it was just an avatar.
    Gee and I thought it was Jack over dribbling

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    haha. i 'knew' turk was gonna miss it too.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is "OFF" Turkish for "Oh shit it's an effing miss"? Kudos to Amir though...and Triano for subbing him in. Looks like JT is sharpening up his game too. The last of the game was prototypical playoff coaching... by both teams.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hedo didnt miss on purpose......
    Lets not talk stupid
    Great play by Amir, doing so saved Turk's ass

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turk hasn't earned the right to close out games.

    I would go with a crunch time line up of Jack/Jose whoever is playing better, Weems, Amir, Bosh, Bargs again if hes playing well.

    The three bigs didn't work with JO, but I feel Amir has enough mobility to cover most 3's for a couple minutes.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's the Amir vid talkin 'bout the free throw. It seems that Turk didn't miss the FT on purpose, but realized it was off when he released it and let Amir know. Thus giving him a bit of a head's up.

    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...371/index.html

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    Hedo didnt miss on purpose......
    Lets not talk stupid
    Great play by Amir, doing so saved Turk's ass
    I don't think Amir knew, but the weird thing about the "miss" is that was put softly on Amir's side of the rim. And he did yell at him to grab it.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From now on, everytime I fuck up in life I am going to yell as I'm doing it and hope someone is fast enough to compensate for it.

    He didin't need to yell, everyone knew he wasn't going to make it.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    From now on, everytime I fuck up in life I am going to yell as I'm doing it and hope someone is fast enough to compensate for it.

    He didin't need to yell, everyone knew he wasn't going to make it.
    Couldn't help but laugh at that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •