Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Fitness & Wellbeing- Do You Even Lift Bro?! ..Or do Yoga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Fitness & Wellbeing- Do You Even Lift Bro?! ..Or do Yoga?

So I just picked up a pair of PowerBlock Sport 5.0 Dumbbells; anybody used em before?

Only been using them a couple days, but I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed by the overall quality and durabilty. Definitely a good purchase. According to the website this set replaces 10 sets of Dumbbells, and 550lbs of Free Weights.

You guys lift at all? I'm certainly not one of those guys that goes to the gym to lift and grunt etc, but this definitely seemed like the perfect alternative to a gym membership. Lol

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    So I just picked up a pair of PowerBlock Sport 5.0 Dumbbells; anybody used em before?

Only been using them a couple days, but I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed by the overall quality and durabilty. Definitely a good purchase. According to the website this set replaces 10 sets of Dumbbells, and 550lbs of Free Weights.

You guys lift at all? I'm certainly not one of those guys that goes to the gym to lift and grunt etc, but this definitely seemed like the perfect alternative to a gym membership. Lol
    I need an alternative for my lazy days! haha trying to rehab an ACL still, I like using the gym for legs. I'd prefer doing arms at home for now. How much did these run you? And where did you purchase them?

Comment

You dont become 220lbs without lifting ( Not a fatty )
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This should be the RR fitness thread

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          I need an alternative for my lazy days! haha trying to rehab an ACL still, I like using the gym for legs. I'd prefer doing arms at home for now. How much did these run you? And where did you purchase them?
          Precisely why I got em. Leaves me with no excuses.

And ya, you can get creative with these and work in some leg workouts, but you're right, its not a full substitute.

I got these for $300 at Foremost Fitness. They're on Eglinton. Think they might have a couple others in the city.
          This set specifically only does 5lb increments up to 50lbs per hand; where the more expensive set does 2.5lb increments.
          Can also get them to go up to 90lbs per hand...

Comment

And ya, you can get creative with these and work in some leg workouts, but you're right, its not a full substitute.

I got these for $300 at Foremost Fitness. They're on Eglinton. Think they might have a couple others in the city.
            This set specifically only does 5lb increments up to 50lbs per hand; where the more expensive set does 2.5lb increments.
            How do they work? LOOOL How can it go up in weight?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              This should be the RR fitness thread
              Good call!

Comment

How do they work? LOOOL How can it go up in weight?
                You pull out the side pin, and it can adjust between the slots - which add or subtract weight the weight. Its pretty genius.

So the expansion set for my 5.0 is the 5.5 I believe, which just adds more "slots" or "weights" to the grip.

Comment

You dont become 220lbs without lifting ( Not a fatty )
                  Geezus. How tall are you?!

Comment

Cool, I'll check them out. Not quite ready for anything more than 50 lbs at this point, if ever... lol That sounds like a lot of working out time which would cut into my drinking time. We can't have that.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      Cool, I'll check them out. Not quite ready for anything more than 50 lbs at this point, if ever... lol That sounds like a lot of working out time which would cut into my drinking time. We can't have that.
                      Oh dude, I'm not even looking at the 50lbs. LOL Only if I'm doing two-handed lifts.
                      Otherwise I stick to 20-35lbs per hand.

Comment

geezus. How tall are you?!
                        6'6 :d

Comment

My friend's trainer offered him to buy these dumbbells after he messed up his wrists. Shit is good and expensive. I like that padded handle though.

Lifting for the past 4 years! If you can afford to buy these dumbbells, I'm sure you can buy gym membership too. Better get one, I made this mistake when I started and.. oh well.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 14, 2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I love how this is a thread. Actually thinking of starting this the other day . anyone use bodybuilding.com to find their workouts? Always my go to.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              You pull out the side pin, and it can adjust between the slots - which add or subtract weight the weight. Its pretty genius.

So the expansion set for my 5.0 is the 5.5 I believe, which just adds more "slots" or "weights" to the grip.
                              Pretty sure bowflex has the same sort of idea on their dumbbells. The old shitty community gym I used to go to had the same sort of dumbell set up. It gets awkward when get up above 35 pounds with the odd shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X