No announcement yet.

The Nets are B*TCHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nets are a joke! But I honestly don't mind facing them in round 1. After all, since this era is turning around all those miserable moments, this would be the perfect moment to avenge that humiliation we got due to that ass whooping they gave us in '06-'07. Our "franchise player" got destroyed by scrubs like Mickey Moore, Josh Boone, Jason Collins. And of course public enemy # 1 was on that team.

This series is high risk high reward. Beating them would shut up those naysayers esp in the Yankee media. Guys like Smith, SAS, Bayless who never give the Raptors or even Canada the respect. Those buffoons have been saying that the Nets would win the division, that it's between the Bulls and the Nets, and that TO's a weak playoff opponent. Bring it on!!!

Comment

Agreed.... risk reward.... but that is the type of war Toronto needs to want.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        Nets are a joke! But I honestly don't mind facing them in round 1. After all, since this era is turning around all those miserable moments, this would be the perfect moment to avenge that humiliation we got due to that ass whooping they gave us in '06-'07. Our "franchise player" got destroyed by scrubs like Mickey Moore, Josh Boone, Jason Collins. And of course public enemy # 1 was on that team.

This series is high risk high reward. Beating them would shut up those naysayers esp in the Yankee media. Guys like Smith, SAS, Bayless who never give the Raptors or even Canada the respect. Those buffoons have been saying that the Nets would win the division, that it's between the Bulls and the Nets, and that TO's a weak playoff opponent. Bring it on!!!
        And if we lose at least we'll know (and Masai will know) where we are as a team. Are we close enough to not make any big moves or are we at best what Atlanta was for so many years?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          And if we lose at least we'll know (and Masai will know) where we are as a team. Are we close enough to not make any big moves or are we at best what Atlanta was for so many years?
          Exactly! This could also be pivotal whether Lowry deserves to get paid $$$$ for long term. As Masai always says, we don't wanna get stuck in no-man's land. I expect BK, Boston and Philly to get better. I expect the Knicks to tank as they have no draft pick, but we never know.

Comment

First of all, for those saying Miami tanked: you're clueless. They rested players because they had a 90% chance of being the second seed, and it was completely out of their hands. Indiana just needed to beat Orlando to secure the first seed and, after losing in 7 games last year, you could bet they'd get fired up for that game.

As for outcomes tonight, don't forget that the Bulls-Bobcats game starts 1 hour earlier than the Raps and Wiz games. The Wizards could easily play to win for 3 quarters, see that the Bobcats lost (as I think they will, because Chicago doesn't take games off), and decide to sit ALL their stars for the final quarter. And that's not even tanking! That's simple reasoning: why risk injury to your best players on the final game of the season, when the only possible benefit is actually a negative (moving up to play chicago)?!

Also, Melo is sitting, and we're not tanking, so I think we win tonight.

Comment

I hope Toronto wins by 40 tonight

Comment

Im a big fan of missionary sodomy
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

We should lose tonight just to troll Nets.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    We should lose tonight just to troll Nets.
                    If we lose tonight its so we can face Indiana in the 2nd Round instead of Miami.

Messing with the Nets would just be a bonus.

It's been a while since I've been this impartial to a win/loss... I didn't miss it. Suppose this is under different circumstances than our usual Game #82 though.

Comment

• Bring it on Brooklyn!

Don't know how to do it perfectly
                      0:34 Let them Come!

Comment

• LC009 wrote: View Post
                        First of all, for those saying Miami tanked: you're clueless. They rested players because they had a 90% chance of being the second seed, and it was completely out of their hands. Indiana just needed to beat Orlando to secure the first seed and, after losing in 7 games last year, you could bet they'd get fired up for that game.

As for outcomes tonight, don't forget that the Bulls-Bobcats game starts 1 hour earlier than the Raps and Wiz games. The Wizards could easily play to win for 3 quarters, see that the Bobcats lost (as I think they will, because Chicago doesn't take games off), and decide to sit ALL their stars for the final quarter. And that's not even tanking! That's simple reasoning: why risk injury to your best players on the final game of the season, when the only possible benefit is actually a negative (moving up to play chicago)?!

Also, Melo is sitting, and we're not tanking, so I think we win tonight.
                        I'm not buying the Miami resting shit. They've been resting their players all season. And if they are to start turning it up and get ready for the playoffs, now's the time. They started to play well, and with the help of Indiana playing so bad down the stretch, they had their chance to be number 1, which of course doesn't really matter to them honestly. And like if you've been checking the box scores or watching games, lebron, rupaul and wade don't play heavy minutes like they used to. They play much less minutes compared to guys like KD, Harden, PG, even derozan and lowry.

Well that's there strategy. Bring it on! More reason to really hate those teams.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                          I'm not buying the Miami resting shit. They've been resting their players all season. And if they are to start turning it up and get ready for the playoffs, now's the time. They started to play well, and with the help of Indiana playing so bad down the stretch, they had their chance to be number 1, which of course doesn't really matter to them honestly. And like if you've been checking the box scores or watching games, lebron, rupaul and wade don't play heavy minutes like they used to. They play much less minutes compared to guys like KD, Harden, PG, even derozan and lowry.

Well that's there strategy. Bring it on! More reason to really hate those teams.
                          I don't buy it either. Orlando has beaten 4 .500 plus teams at home since march 25.

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                            Crazy. We will prolly have one of the best homecourts in these playoffs, wonder who will top us
                            That's why so many of us want Washington. It gives us the best chance to get into the second round. For those posters that attended second round series vs philly in 2001 it was unbelievable.

Comment

• I think a matchup with the wizards would also be historically significant. It's gonna be the sequel to the War of 1812!!! Burn down the white house! Down with those Yanks! LOOOOOL

Comment

• I think it speaks wonders how the Nets, the supposed "underdogs" of the East, are trying to lose out in order to get a better first round matchup. Talk about flexing your muscles.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X