X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Garnett, your wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios"

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

What's second of all? Andray Blatche is a moron.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I think we all need to know right now that Brooklyn is now, was in the offseason, and was when the new building launched..... the NBA's new darlings to bring numbers back from NYC. They are the big ticket for ratings and numbers and the NBA wants Brooklyn-miami

Know this. it is the truth.

Toronto will NOT get calls.
      JV and Amir will be immediately in foul trouble.
      The warning to lory in the last week about flopping was on purpose and timed perfectly for the playoffs...his abuility to draw charges on PP is gone now.

Know it now. Come to grips now..... because when Brooklyn is gooning the fuck out of the toronto shooters and getting away with it, our scrubs are playing big minutes cuz the rest of the team is in foul trouble.... and Pierce and deron are on the line for 20 a game..... you are gonna wanna kill your televisions.

Prepare.

Winter is coming.
      I'm sorry man, you write this like you know what you're talking about. But you're basing this on some pretty outlandish assumptions.

The refs aren't biased, it's ridiculous. Demar Derozan gets the third most calls of anyone in the league! Is that because the league wants us to be better? Or because Demar is good at drawing fouls? yeesh.

Garbo wrote: View Post
      I'm glad we landed Brooklyn. You don't build confidence by beating the teams that accidentally squeezed into the playoffs in the astonishingly weak east.. You build it by wiping the floor with the experienced veterans who threw their final game because they thought you were an easy match up. I couldn't be more pumped for this series.
      Damn right. I don't want to slink through the easiest path in the playoffs. That earns us no respect. Beating the Nets after they tanked to play us will make some noise baby.
      Last edited by stooley; Thu Apr 17, 2014, 11:08 AM.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• LOOOOL still can't believe this thread exists
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          What's second of all? Andray Blatche is a moron.

I'm sorry man, you write this like you know what you're talking about. But you're basing this on some pretty outlandish assumptions.

The refs aren't biased, it's ridiculous. Demar Derozan gets the third most calls of anyone in the league! Is that because the league wants us to be better? Or because Demar is good at drawing fouls? yeesh.

Damn right. I don't want to slink through the easiest path in the playoffs. That earns us no respect. Beating the Nets after they tanked to play us will make some noise baby.
          Ok. so were clear. You're saying the NBA doesn't lend bias to specific teams in specific game in order to move results into favourable situations for the league financially?

Youre naive. And its funny to me. Outlandish? Haha..... do a little research man. Honestly. demar gets calls because demar constantly goes to the rim, and YES, he does get star calls..... and he will get um against NJ. But it wont matter with JV amir and lowry all on the bench.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post

THIS part thought Stooley, I'm with ya brother...oh how I hope the raps get fired up as hell for this.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Any creative people out there have ideas for posters? I'm sitting 10rows from the nets bench and want to bring a sign for them. Was thinking about a Brooklyn Cowards sign but I think we can do better.

Too bad were not playing the Wizards. I was going to make up a martian gortat poster with that looney toons character and his face on it haha haha.

Anyway help would be appreciated
              No country for old men.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                Ok. so were clear. You're saying the NBA doesn't lend bias to specific teams in specific game in order to move results into favourable situations for the league financially?

Youre naive. And its funny to me. Outlandish? Haha..... do a little research man. Honestly. demar gets calls because demar constantly goes to the rim, and YES, he does get star calls..... and he will get um against NJ. But it wont matter with JV amir and lowry all on the bench.
                And you think you're a lot more worldly than you are.

But, yes, you do seem to have understood my point.

I agree stars and vets get calls. Where I disagree is that there is some kind of top-down conspiracy in the NBA which helps create more popular match ups. That concept is so absurd, you may as well be wearing a tin foil hat.

There would have to be at least dozens of people involved in a conspiracy like that. There would be considerable risk that some kind of evidence for that is released to the public, especially if it's happening as often as you suggest. If the NSA can't keep a secret, is the NBA so sure of it's privacy?

If that information EVER got out, the NBA would be completely toast. It would be the only scandal of it's kind, and the NBA would be painted as WWE 2.0.

Viewership would drop off a cliff, TV revenue would shrink, franchise values would plummet.

Not to mention that the commissioner works for the owners, and to imagine that the owners would ever agree to something like that, which also would have the potential to crush their financial position, is outlandish.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  No country for old men.
                  "No country for old men" is the winner. Close second was all of Nilankas ideas. If I have time I'll make some to pass out to the people around me.

Game on!!!!!
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• For the aggrieved fans here re the Nets throwing the game last night.....well shouldn't the Wizards fans also be and probably more so? By virtue of the Nets loss they get to face the Bulls when they would have rather faced the Raps imo.

As well, there is an assumption the Nets lost solely to get at the Raps but may have been thinking of the bigger fish in the second round...the Heat...whose number they have had all season.

Lets just play the hand we are dealt. As always, the best team or one that plays the best wins.

Comment

"No country for old men" is the winner. Close second was all of Nilankas ideas. If I have time I'll make some to pass out to the people around me.

Game on!!!!!
                      you may be duplicating someone elses sign, that suggestion was told to eric smith last night and he posted it on twitter

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                        I'm not buying the Miami resting shit. They've been resting their players all season. And if they are to start turning it up and get ready for the playoffs, now's the time. They started to play well, and with the help of Indiana playing so bad down the stretch, they had their chance to be number 1, which of course doesn't really matter to them honestly. And like if you've been checking the box scores or watching games, lebron, rupaul and wade don't play heavy minutes like they used to. They play much less minutes compared to guys like KD, Harden, PG, even derozan and lowry.

Well that's there strategy. Bring it on! More reason to really hate those teams.
                        Yes, but coasting is not a strategy, just a mindset. The fact that they've been to 3 consecutive finals, and won the last 2, means they are prone to coasting (virtually any team would). Plus, you forget that EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league gets fired up to play the Heat, and that has been true from the day Lebron got there. So if they are coasting, and other teams are fired up, they are much more likely to lose a few winnable games than other contenders.

Again, I really don't see any intent there. They don't give two shits who they play in the East. Think about it: if you were them, is there a single team you'd fear? Earlier in the season, maybe Indiana. But now? Puuuh-lease! They've pounded much better Bulls teams, and that's the only moderately scary opponent to them in the East.

If they're not scared, why would they tank? They're not, and they didn't.

The Nets, on the other hand... just fucking pathetic. Their tanking is pathetic, and the fact that they're trying to say WE wanted the matchup (because of an innocuous comment from Ross) is even more pathetic. I hope we make them eat their words!

Comment

• I don't understand why the Nets throwing a few games down the stretch is creating such a fuss here. It was brilliant actually, the smartest thing they have done all season. No team, in either conference would want to play the Bulls in the first round. NONE OF THEM. Why would they? And if you have a chance to set yourself up for a favourable first round matchup, followed by a favourable 2nd round matchup if you win, then why wouldn't you? For the spirit of competition, to appease paying fans...who gives a shit...it's all about the second season now and the best path to the conference finals. For the Nets, that's clearly the Raps and Heat (whom they dominated this season).

So odd to me, that so many fans are fine with a team tanking the entire season to get a lottery pick, but are so opposed to resting all your best players down the stretch and "throwing" a few games to get a better path in the playoffs. Very odd.

Sounds...like...fear. Do you fear the Nets so much, that you would bash them for having the audacity to want to play the Raps instead of the Bulls? Seriously?

Do you fear a 1st round loss to the Nets would suggest that this season was a complete waste? Do you fear it would validate a tear down by MU? Do you fear it would convince Lowry to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Or maybe this is what you secretly cheer for

Haha, hating the Nets (or hating them more) cause they want to play us sounds a little...insecure. Get over it. We don't get WAS or IND in the first or 2nd round...fuck it...bring on the Nets!! Go Raptors!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I don't understand why the Nets throwing a few games down the stretch is creating such a fuss here. It was brilliant actually, the smartest thing they have done all season. No team, in either conference would want to play the Bulls in the first round. NONE OF THEM. Why would they? And if you have a chance to set yourself up for a favourable first round matchup, followed by a favourable 2nd round matchup if you win, then why wouldn't you? For the spirit of competition, to appease paying fans...who gives a shit...it's all about the second season now and the best path to the conference finals. For the Nets, that's clearly the Raps and Heat (whom they dominated this season).

So odd to me, that so many fans are fine with a team tanking the entire season to get a lottery pick, but are so opposed to resting all your best players down the stretch and "throwing" a few games to get a better path in the playoffs. Very odd.

Sounds...like...fear. Do you fear the Nets so much, that you would bash them for having the audacity to want to play the Raps instead of the Bulls? Seriously?

Do you fear a 1st round loss to the Nets would suggest that this season was a complete waste? Do you fear it would validate a tear down by MU? Do you fear it would convince Lowry to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Or maybe this is what you secretly cheer for

Haha, hating the Nets (or hating them more) cause they want to play us sounds a little...insecure. Get over it. We don't get WAS or IND in the first or 2nd round...fuck it...bring on the Nets!! Go Raptors!
                            They certainly didn't dominate the heat... most games were won by like 1 point I believe and wade didn't play in 2 of the games. Playoffs are a whole different story. Them thinking they can waltz through Miami in a playoff series is a joke. They'd have much better luck against Indiana who is experiencing somewhat of an identity crisis going into the playoffs.

Comment

• Hopefully Washington looks amazing in the playoffs, and the Nets play like shit. Then we'll be sending thank you cards to the Nets front office for tanking to give us the easier match up. Other than Washington's youth, I think they're a tougher matchup than the Nets. We don't want Lowry tired all the time from chasing Wall around. Same with Demar and Beal. Nene is far more intimidating to JV than anything the Nets have to offer. Seriously, other than fear of the refs the Wiz were a worse matchup anyways.

Comment

Any creative people out there have ideas for posters? I'm sitting 10rows from the nets bench and want to bring a sign for them. Was thinking about a Brooklyn Cowards sign but I think we can do better.

Too bad were not playing the Wizards. I was going to make up a martian gortat poster with that looney toons character and his face on it haha haha.

Anyway help would be appreciated
                                Following the lead of coach Casey, find any image of "karma's a b*tch", just karma or karma police. Never let them forget they invited this upon themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X