Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Nets are B*TCHES

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    I'm not buying the Miami resting shit. They've been resting their players all season. And if they are to start turning it up and get ready for the playoffs, now's the time. They started to play well, and with the help of Indiana playing so bad down the stretch, they had their chance to be number 1, which of course doesn't really matter to them honestly. And like if you've been checking the box scores or watching games, lebron, rupaul and wade don't play heavy minutes like they used to. They play much less minutes compared to guys like KD, Harden, PG, even derozan and lowry.

Well that's there strategy. Bring it on! More reason to really hate those teams.
    Yes, but coasting is not a strategy, just a mindset. The fact that they've been to 3 consecutive finals, and won the last 2, means they are prone to coasting (virtually any team would). Plus, you forget that EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league gets fired up to play the Heat, and that has been true from the day Lebron got there. So if they are coasting, and other teams are fired up, they are much more likely to lose a few winnable games than other contenders.

Again, I really don't see any intent there. They don't give two shits who they play in the East. Think about it: if you were them, is there a single team you'd fear? Earlier in the season, maybe Indiana. But now? Puuuh-lease! They've pounded much better Bulls teams, and that's the only moderately scary opponent to them in the East.

If they're not scared, why would they tank? They're not, and they didn't.

The Nets, on the other hand... just fucking pathetic. Their tanking is pathetic, and the fact that they're trying to say WE wanted the matchup (because of an innocuous comment from Ross) is even more pathetic. I hope we make them eat their words!

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why the Nets throwing a few games down the stretch is creating such a fuss here. It was brilliant actually, the smartest thing they have done all season. No team, in either conference would want to play the Bulls in the first round. NONE OF THEM. Why would they? And if you have a chance to set yourself up for a favourable first round matchup, followed by a favourable 2nd round matchup if you win, then why wouldn't you? For the spirit of competition, to appease paying fans...who gives a shit...it's all about the second season now and the best path to the conference finals. For the Nets, that's clearly the Raps and Heat (whom they dominated this season).

So odd to me, that so many fans are fine with a team tanking the entire season to get a lottery pick, but are so opposed to resting all your best players down the stretch and "throwing" a few games to get a better path in the playoffs. Very odd.

Sounds...like...fear. Do you fear the Nets so much, that you would bash them for having the audacity to want to play the Raps instead of the Bulls? Seriously?

Do you fear a 1st round loss to the Nets would suggest that this season was a complete waste? Do you fear it would validate a tear down by MU? Do you fear it would convince Lowry to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Or maybe this is what you secretly cheer for

Haha, hating the Nets (or hating them more) cause they want to play us sounds a little...insecure. Get over it. We don't get WAS or IND in the first or 2nd round...fuck it...bring on the Nets!! Go Raptors!

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I don't understand why the Nets throwing a few games down the stretch is creating such a fuss here. It was brilliant actually, the smartest thing they have done all season. No team, in either conference would want to play the Bulls in the first round. NONE OF THEM. Why would they? And if you have a chance to set yourself up for a favourable first round matchup, followed by a favourable 2nd round matchup if you win, then why wouldn't you? For the spirit of competition, to appease paying fans...who gives a shit...it's all about the second season now and the best path to the conference finals. For the Nets, that's clearly the Raps and Heat (whom they dominated this season).

So odd to me, that so many fans are fine with a team tanking the entire season to get a lottery pick, but are so opposed to resting all your best players down the stretch and "throwing" a few games to get a better path in the playoffs. Very odd.

Sounds...like...fear. Do you fear the Nets so much, that you would bash them for having the audacity to want to play the Raps instead of the Bulls? Seriously?

Do you fear a 1st round loss to the Nets would suggest that this season was a complete waste? Do you fear it would validate a tear down by MU? Do you fear it would convince Lowry to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Or maybe this is what you secretly cheer for

Haha, hating the Nets (or hating them more) cause they want to play us sounds a little...insecure. Get over it. We don't get WAS or IND in the first or 2nd round...fuck it...bring on the Nets!! Go Raptors!
    They certainly didn't dominate the heat... most games were won by like 1 point I believe and wade didn't play in 2 of the games. Playoffs are a whole different story. Them thinking they can waltz through Miami in a playoff series is a joke. They'd have much better luck against Indiana who is experiencing somewhat of an identity crisis going into the playoffs.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Washington looks amazing in the playoffs, and the Nets play like shit. Then we'll be sending thank you cards to the Nets front office for tanking to give us the easier match up. Other than Washington's youth, I think they're a tougher matchup than the Nets. We don't want Lowry tired all the time from chasing Wall around. Same with Demar and Beal. Nene is far more intimidating to JV than anything the Nets have to offer. Seriously, other than fear of the refs the Wiz were a worse matchup anyways.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Any creative people out there have ideas for posters? I'm sitting 10rows from the nets bench and want to bring a sign for them. Was thinking about a Brooklyn Cowards sign but I think we can do better.

Too bad were not playing the Wizards. I was going to make up a martian gortat poster with that looney toons character and his face on it haha haha.

Anyway help would be appreciated
    Following the lead of coach Casey, find any image of "karma's a b*tch", just karma or karma police. Never let them forget they invited this upon themselves.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    i like the idea but they won three days ago
    "Brooklyn hasn't won in two weeks... is what we're going to be saying two weeks from now."

Let the man finish, claw :P
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    You can see the future?

I need Super 7 numbers, no 6/49, I need big time money, private message me.
    Super 7 numbers won't help you now friend. That was last time the Raps made the playoffs
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information