No announcement yet.

Who is the Raptors playoff X-factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think landry fields is our x factor ........

jk I think Terrence Ross is our x factor based on his inconsistency really. maybe not a good thing for a reason but I feel if he plays well we win because that position is where we are weakest and the better he plays hopefully that means less salmons

Comment

XFactor also changes matchup to matchup vs the Wizard - Val and Ross. Vs the Nets - DeMar. Lowry is a given every series

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I voted Ross. He needs to stay in front of his man and his 3pt shooting needs to be bang on.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Against the grail, I think the X-Factor for the Raptors in the playoff will be the home crowd. I absolutely think we will have one of if not THE, best crowd during the playoffs.

Player wise: Terrence Ross or JV.MAYBE Patterson. Moreso Terrence Ross. With JV being our only real post threat, I firmly expect him to be a huge target (resulting in him being in a ton of foul trouble).

I don't think Demar or especially Lowry could count for this. It wouldn't surprise me if Lowry turns into an absolute beast come playoffs.
          Last edited by Just Is; Wed Apr 16, 2014, 06:17 PM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Vasquez. He has been playing exceptionally as of late, but I've also seen games that have made me cringe. Consistency is definitely key come playoffs, and I need to see a bit more of that out of him.

Lowry is a close second. 3/5ths of the starting lineup have played 0 playoff minutes in their careers, and Amir only played 5 minutes a game in 11 games. Kyle needs to continue to put these guys in a position to succeed, just in case they decide to shrink in the moment. I have a hunch this will happen to DeMar, but I hope I'm wrong.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I chose Patterson. Why? He was arguably the most valuable of the SAC 4 and plays a glue type game at the PF position we dont have too much quality depth at. If Amir gets hobbled (knock knock) 2Pat is really it re an all around game. I believe he is a big moment player and probably not one being singled out by the opposition in their game planning....hence the X-factor. He also still needs to get back to the level he was at prior to injury.

2Pat the Raps Shane Battier.

Comment

WE NEED NANDO DE YOLO

It would be great if he hit a big shot, overnight hero.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Easily derozan. Defense is a lot tighter and rougher in the playoffs. Brooklyn will double team derozan and not give him much space. Hopefully he doesn't disappear, like he is sometimes prone to, and shines. Lowry we know will come out to play. If derozan is firing on all cylinders, along with Lowry, too much for Brooklyn too handle, plus it opens the court up for Ross and jv.

Comment

Isn't an X-Factor usually the guy that you don't really think of as the star of the team but makes the big plays when it counts? Well my vote goes to Amir.

From grabbing an offensive board, setting a good screen to defending the paint. Amir's going to be the guy that steals a win or two in the playoffs.

Comment

^I'm worried that his ankles are going to hold him back from being an x factor...

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        ^I'm worried that his ankles are going to hold him back from being an x factor...
                        Yeah good point.. but I believe in McKechnie and the training staff to get him in game shape

Comment

I don't know how much McKechnie can do about weak ankles...dude is a magician but there is only so much you can do for Amir's ankles at this point

Comment

Voted Amir. If he can't bring the D up to mid-season form, it'll be a rough series. Also X-factor since he'll likely have to cover pierce for stretches, who I think will be the Nets X-factor. A healthy and in form Amir is CRUCIAL.

Comment

The problem is, it should be Fields, but it won't be.

Fields is the most qualified to be guarding Pierce, and Pierce's old man legs wouldn't be able to keep up with Landry darting to the basket all day. But I'll bet he stays nailed to the bench.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                The problem is, it should be Fields, but it won't be.

Fields is the most qualified to be guarding Pierce, and Pierce's old man legs wouldn't be able to keep up with Landry darting to the basket all day. But I'll bet he stays nailed to the bench.
                                Did he break Casey's daughter's heart or something? Jeez he can't get any minutes, even though when he does he produces this season.
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X