Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What would YOU pay Lowry?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Where you at Wiggins?
    Lol, I was wondering the same.

In the meantime, I'll try to fill his shoes: "Lowry's hurting Buycks' development!"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

2. Like BigCamB, Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Give that man a max!
    no max

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry is the MVP. What a champ, love this guy.

Where you at Wiggins?
    It'll be funnier given that the Raptors collapse started with him going to the bench (something the NBA TV announcers also pointed out).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much is Kyle Lowry worth NOW ?

Regardless of us wining this series or losing it 4-3, as of now, based on his play off performance, How much did Kyle Lowry increased his stock? Is he now a MAX player in this league ? Does it take 12+ /yr for Raptors to sign him now ?

Before the play offs, I have mentioned here that it will take a 4 yr, 56 million to sign him or 5 years 62 ... now, I think the price is even higher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Regardless of us wining this series or losing it 4-3, as of now, based on his play off performance, How much did Kyle Lowry increased his stock? Is he now a MAX player in this league ? Does it take 12+ /yr for Raptors to sign him now ?

Before the play offs, I have mentioned here that it will take a 4 yr, 56 million to sign him or 5 years 62 ... now, I think the price is even higher.
    I don't think Lowry will command more than $14M on the Open Market.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I don't think Lowry will command more than $14M on the Open Market.
    I'm sticking with 4/48$ mill. It wasn't unreasonable during the regular season, although a little on the high end.

Lowry's playoffs game hasn't changed his value, but I think it does push him up to the higher end of that tier.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about Lowry's worth, but what's becoming alarmingly clear is how much LESS DWill should be paid.

3 years and $60 million remaining. Yikes.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

9. Like Just Is, stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure about Lowry's worth, but what's becoming alarmingly clear is how much LESS DWill should be paid.

3 years and $60 million remaining. Yikes.
    How's Mark Cuban feeling?

I can't believe there was ever a D-Will "sweepstakes"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    How's Mark Cuban feeling?

I can't believe there was ever a D-Will "sweepstakes"
    Before he was perenially injured in NJ/Brooklyn, the 'DWill or CP3' debate was a hot one. He was, and likely still kind of is, Elite.

Post Thanks / Like

Before he was perenially injured in NJ/Brooklyn, the 'DWill or CP3' debate was a hot one. He was, and likely still kind of is, Elite.
    Yeah, but look how the great fall.

Is his contract worse than Joe Johnson's now (which was considered absolutely unmovable in Atlanta)?

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think Lowry's ceiling is? He's probably already close, but can he get any better?

And how good is Lowry really? I mean, I'm sitting here trying to remember how good Iverson was — and wondering if Lowry is actually better. Like the analytics-friendly version of the Iverson that doesn't hog the ball or jack up too many dumb shots.

Post Thanks / Like

He has the talent, size and strength to be dominant — he just isn't anymore. I don't know enough about DWill's recent history, but it's baffling to me that he's playing as bad as he is.

15. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think Lowry's ceiling is? He's probably already close, but can he get any better?

And how good is Lowry really? I mean, I'm sitting here trying to remember how good Iverson was — and wondering if Lowry is actually better. Like the analytics-friendly version of the Iverson that doesn't hog the ball or jack up too many dumb shots.
    Lowrys game is going to polish and mature. Fundamentally, this is what you're going to get from him, but he's just going to be smarter around the edges and look more refined as he gets older.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Seriously? No disrespect intended, but did you watch much Iverson?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Consensus seems to be around 12.5 and that's high.If anybody offers more Lowry and that team will regret the signing.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Seriously? No disrespect intended, but did you watch much Iverson?
    I honestly can't remember, that's why I'm asking. I remember Iverson being borderline unguardable. I also remember him being a shitty teammate that gambled on defense constantly that jacked up tons of shots during the post-Jordan-Prime, pre-Nash-MVP era where a player like Rudy Gay would probably be considered 'a superstar'.

Excuse me for being old! But the league has changed so much I don't know how to judge Iverson's game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lowrys game is going to polish and mature. Fundamentally, this is what you're going to get from him, but he's just going to be smarter around the edges and look more refined as he gets older.
    His career is going to go one of two ways in my opinion:

-his put everything on the line style is going to come back to bite him in the ass, and constant nagging injuries force a slightly earlier decline

-or, since I don't think he really relies on his explosiveness too much, he ages very well and peaks through the age of 33ish

reread this just now: so to sum up, there will come a time when he declines lol
    Last edited by stooley; Thu May 1st, 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post

Lowry has been great this season but he's not a max player.

You give him 12-14 million a year and you're gong to wonder where all the salary cap room went and why they can't do anything to improve the team going forward.

You pay max to superstars. Lowry has played awesome this year, but he's only done it for one year. To open up the vault based on one season might be too big a gamble imo.

Lowry gives it his all every game but players like him (who sacrifice their body to no end) can start to break down physically without much notice. He needs to be rewarded for his efforts but you can't pay him that much.

22. Like stooley, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Injuries are less of a concern unless they're career ending like Landry. Him missing a few games in the regular season probably doesn't impact Toronto's playoff chances. His salary isn't so large it would cripple the team for years.This is a reward for this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Better than Iverson? Iverson will be a HOF'er. Lowry's just had a career year at 27.

Iverson brought a team to the Finals. I understand the enthusiasm over Kyle after a game like last night but there is no comparison between the 2.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information