X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    yearly?
    fuck it...why not? It's not my money
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
      Better than Iverson? Iverson will be a HOF'er. Lowry's just had a career year at 27.

Iverson brought a team to the Finals. I understand the enthusiasm over Kyle after a game like last night but there is no comparison between the 2.
      True, true.

I guess it's something I'm been thinking about a lot lately when trying to gauge Lowry's value. S. Curry and and K. Irving, for example, are widely considered superstars — they're great scorers that have been given the green light to carry their teams offensively. They're both more likely to be HOF'ers than Lowry, due to their scoring ability, potential, and just general entertainment value they bring to the game.

But they're both horrible defenders that give up a lot of points. You have to surround them with cast to make them effective.

Lowry is just a solid all-around player. If you replaced the starter point guard of, say, 20 other teams in the league, he'd probably make them better, without making any other alterations to your roster — in some cases significantly, due to the other talent a team might have that's not being well-utilized.

I guess I'm just saying that maybe the only reason it seems unreasonable to pay Lowry the big bucks is because we overvalue scoring and undervalue everything else. There's not that many PGs in the league that are scoring and defending and leading their team as effectively as Lowry right now.

While it would be nice to have a guy as electrifying as S. Curry or Iverson or whoever, maybe we're not giving Lowry enough credit, is all.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        True, true.

I guess it's something I'm been thinking about a lot lately when trying to gauge Lowry's value. S. Curry and and K. Irving, for example, are widely considered superstars — they're great scorers that have been given the green light to carry their teams offensively. They're both more likely to be HOF'ers than Lowry, due to their scoring ability, potential, and just general entertainment value they bring to the game.

But they're both horrible defenders that give up a lot of points. You have to surround them with cast to make them effective.

Lowry is just a solid all-around player. If you replaced the starter point guard of, say, 20 other teams in the league, he'd probably make them better, without making any other alterations to your roster — in some cases significantly, due to the other talent a team might have that's not being well-utilized.

I guess I'm just saying that maybe the only reason it seems unreasonable to pay Lowry the big bucks is because we overvalue scoring and undervalue everything else. There's not that many PGs in the league that are scoring and defending and leading their team as effectively as Lowry right now.

While it would be nice to have a guy as electrifying as S. Curry or Iverson or whoever, maybe we're not giving Lowry enough credit, is all.
        It has more to do with the sample size.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          Lowry Deals I would Do

2 years 27 million (no options)
          3 years 39 million (no options)
          4 years 50 million (no options)
          5 years 60 million (non gauranteed or team option on 5th year)

I don't think we can hand out the max based on one year. If he (for example and there is no reason he would) took the two year deal and played two more years like this one...then yes you gotta pay the man close to the max
          Front load it and we're talking business!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Injuries are less of a concern unless they're career ending like Landry. Him missing a few games in the regular season probably doesn't impact Toronto's playoff chances. His salary isn't so large it would cripple the team for years.This is a reward for this season.
            Than how was derozans contract when signed so hated and said to cripple the team for years to come even though it's only 9.5 mill. I love lowry and want him back but some people are so far on his dick

I myself and seated on top but some people are going all out
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Than how was derozans contract when signed so hated and said to cripple the team for years to come even though it's only 9.5 mill. I love lowry and want him back but some people are so far on his dick

I myself and seated on top but some people are going all out
              You're opening up a whole different can of worms there.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                True, true.

Agreed with Lowry being more valuable on the defensive end of the floor than Curry or Irving. And it's definitely fair to say that scoring gets you paid more than other skills in the league.

I think you are right that he is undervalued. The only issue is can you value him salary wise after this season? He deserves it but I have reservations giving players who had a career year in a contract year, big money. With Curry and Irving (more Curry than Irving) I've seen them play at a high level for a few years now. I don't know why, but I just worry we might not get another season out of Kyle like the one we did this year.

Comment

• I would offer him as little as I could for him to stay. I would want to reward the guy for an excellent season and playoff but also not completely handcuff the team. Will he accept Derozen money or is he looking for a rip off contract that fucks us because he played like a star in a contract year? He could probably go somewhere else and get paid but this seems like a good environment for a guy who has had some personality related issues in this league and this seems like a good group.

Comment

• He is more of a benchmark salary. Lowry@12 makes DeRozan@9.5 reasonable not cheap and if we fit Deng into the salary structure it would be between 9.5 and 12.I'm not saying we sign Deng but he would be between Lowry and DeRozan

Comment

• Elhassan on an ESPN chat just valued Lowry @ 8.5 mil/yr! Is this gross disrespect or are we overvaluing his stock?

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                        Elhassan on an ESPN chat just valued Lowry @ 8.5 mil/yr! Is this gross disrespect or are we overvaluing his stock?
                        He's been absolutely amazing for us this year, don't get me wrong. Like, unbelievably amazing.

But I think there are a lot of teams that would hesitate to pay him too much given sample size, injury history and attitude problems.

We aren't overvaluing his value to the Raptors, but we are overvaluing his market value.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• He hasn't done anything for other teams but he is the franchise in Toronto. Other teams he is worth 10 mil in Toronto 12.5 to some crazy owner 15.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            He's been absolutely amazing for us this year, don't get me wrong. Like, unbelievably amazing.

But I think there are a lot of teams that would hesitate to pay him too much given sample size, injury history and attitude problems.

We aren't overvaluing his value to the Raptors, but we are overvaluing his market value.
                            Why wouldn't a team like the Lakers throw 14 million a year at Lowry? I expect this be a big off-season for the Lakers and I would not be surprised if they go after Patterson and Vasquez as well.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              Why wouldn't a team like the Lakers throw 14 million a year at Lowry? I expect this be a big off-season for the Lakers and I would not be surprised if they go after Patterson and Vasquez as well.
                              The Lakers want a bigger prize than Lowry. They want to have capspace next year and/or the year after in order to pursue guys like Love and Durant

Comment

• Like I said some crazy owner. Each of them would regret the decision except GV. Lowry or PPat would end up buried on the bench or face losing playing next to selfish players.

Comment

Working...
                                X