What would YOU pay Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Front Loading hurts resigning Paterson. Backloading starting year 3 frees cap space when we need it for Ross, JV and Amir all need to extended next two years. Also cap space increases every year so by back loading his cap hit would be consistently spread out. Also 2017 there will be a new CBA so if Lowry's contract is an albatross we could amnesty his biggest years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    That is, assuming the new CBA even has an amnesty provision.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      Iggy is front loaded....Derrick Favors...just off the top of my head
      Show off.

Comment

Whats Lowry want?

Lets see how the play offs go. If he continues to lead, be a positive force and a warrior, you don't really do much more than give him what he asks.

Guy is your best player, he's young, and he's good.

He's also a badass..... not the worst kind of leader to have.

Comment

Without the amnesty in 2017 contracts like the big three in Miami ending this year or next and Durant in 2016 and others may put team into luxury. Too many big contracts signed before 2017. If cap space increases a lot signing Lowry @12 mil might be cheap

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Whats Lowry want?

Lets see how the play offs go. If he continues to lead, be a positive force and a warrior, you don't really do much more than give him what he asks.
            He likely wants Max... I hope you're a better negotiator for Mercedes. Hah

Comment

I want superjudge as my agent
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

A max deal is Chris Paul money around 18mil.He isn't getting that.

Comment

10 or 11M per year for 3 years with a 4th year being a team option would be my ideal scenario.

Comment

Say NO to player options. I hate it when a player has leverage
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Going over the cap isn't the problem but turning into the Piston and pissing away contracts is. Bad contracts pile up.

Comment

Hey Charlie V was a stud...............................

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Me, I would do this:

5 years, $50M, Front loaded

Year 1: $12M
                          Year 2: $11M
                          Year 3: $10M
                          Year 4: $9M
                          Year 5: $8M

Rationale: it diminishes risks associated with age and attitude while also allowing the team to have more financial flexibility moving forward. Age is straight forward - he is paid less as he gets older. Attitude means if this year was not a fluke, if he is owed the bulk of his contract in later years it is only going to make it that much harder to get rid of him. Financial flexibility is straight forward.

I would be ecstatic if it could happen at $11, $10, $9, $8, $7 (i.e. 5 years and $45M)

He is 33 coming off a five year deal.
                          50 frontloaded can't be quite as frontloaded as you hope (although it is close). Best you can do is:

45/5 is a little more problematic.

I think you make a good point about frontloading - though it should be noted, that in the 2015 offseason, frontloading his contract versus backloading it costs the team about 1.6 M in cap space. If you take the same approach with Patterson as well, that adds up to over 2 M in cap space. In 2016, when the Durant rumours suggest we would make a big splash, it's moot whether you backload, frontload, or evenly distribute the contract.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am sure MU is going to do some work on who the competition for Lowry is going to be and work off that. If Lowry feels like being loved and in effect has his own team here he may not go with the richer offer (if there is one). Bledsoe's deal will probably be a benchmark of sorts as well. My own sense about fairness & value is 4 yr @ 11. If a 5th yr. becomes a sticking point make it a team option with a buyout of 3 mill.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              That is, assuming the new CBA even has an amnesty provision.
                              Snake, u probably googled that
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Id backload both Vasquez and Patterson as I believe their best basketball is ahead of them. That should offset the frontloading, and become increasingly irrelevant as the cap increases

Comment

Working...
                                X