ESPN Insider: Raptors will make the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Raptors will make the playoffs

ESPN Insider, Peter Keating, says there's good news when it comes to the Raptors making the playoffs:

Hollinger and Sports Club Stats agree that the race for the final Western Conference playoff spot is essentially over; both give Houston less than a 10 percent chance of catching anyone in the pack of teams that's now half a dozen games ahead of the Rockets. They also see things similarly in the East, where Hollinger gives Toronto a 79.1 percent chance of nabbing the last playoff spot versus 23.4 percent for the Bulls, and Sports Club Stats puts the race at 89.3 percent to 12.7 percent. That surprised me, because while the Bulls and Raptors are very different teams, as far as I can tell, overall they are almost exactly even statistically, they both are on the skids and they have one head-to-head game left. But when I put a little probability model of my own together and looked at the results, I had to agree. Both teams face tough schedules over the final month of the season; my estimate gives Toronto 6.6 more wins out of 16 and the Bulls just 5.4 of 15. The Raptors have a game in hand, and their head-to-head meeting against Chicago is at home (April 11). Under those circumstances, Toronto's 2.5-game lead at the moment is huge. And that's just about the last playoff berth at stake.

Raptors final two games: @Pistons, vs.Knicks
    Bulls final two games: vs.Celtics, @Bobcats

Comment

Isn't the 8th seed worse than not making it? In the vein that at least we get to keep our lottery pick.

Unless Reggie has a play off bonus if he fish hooks Lebron's chosen ones.

Comment

Playoff experience is more important than the pick.
        Plus, the Cavs are "one trick pony", so you never know...

Comment

How long is that pick lotto protected? Better to get it over with now than risk losing a higher pick next season if next year it wouldn't be protected.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            How long is that pick lotto protected? Better to get it over with now than risk losing a higher pick next season if next year it wouldn't be protected.
            Here's the info...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

Comment

Raptors final two games: @Pistons, vs.Knicks
              Bulls final two games: vs.Celtics, @Bobcats
              Just to throw some caution to the wind. non playoff teams strive to be spoilers while playoff bound teams may rest some of their starters prior to the playoffs thus be ripe for the picking.

As I said before that game against Chicago prior to the last two games, may be the biggest one of all.

Comment

Teams who have their seeding locked up rest guys. Do we know the Celtics or Bobcats will have that luxury before the final two games?

Comment

ESPN Insiders say that today is Friday.

Comment

If the raptors beat the cavs in the first round, it would go down as one of the biggest upsets in the history of history. They would make movies about it, people would remember where they were for the rest of time.

Comment

Well we know that's not going to happen because the Raptors are outclassed at four positions.

Comment

Well we know that's not going to happen because the Raptors are outclassed at four positions.
                        we got turk :P

Comment

Working...
                        X