• Show
Clear All

• History Repeating Itself

2006-07 and 2013-14

Third year head coach with questionable coaching abilities
    New GM
    A influx of new players playing better than they ever have
    Winning Atlantic division
    Having a chance to play the Wizards who would be a relatively easy win (06-07 Arenas was injured just before playoffs) only to have it blown by 1 game and end up having to play the Nets a team that we built a rivalry with (06-07 because of Carter, this year because of close games).
    One unbelievable end game play that wouldn't happen 99 times out of a 100 that set up this matchup (06-07 was the Mo Pete end game 3 vs the Wiz, this year it was Patterson's steal vs Nets)

I'm scared you guys.

LOOOOOL, Strategy Raptor and Raptor fans need to get familiar with that word or prove the world wrong and kick Net's ass.
    My prediction :

4-1 or 4-2 Nets will win the series.

Comment

As a Raptor fan, you knew in your bones it would go down like this.

Anyone think the players know this history?

Or better yet are as irate as us at this bullshit tank job and just take it way to personal?

Confirmed for whistle disparity over 9000.

Comment

It's been creepy as fuck for some time now. If things hold true, we get bounced, we extend Casey, and get trapped on the treadmill for the next few years. People often protest that the two teams are very different, but people misremember the 06-07 team. It was 10th on Oratg, 12th in Dratg, and despite our use of vets like Parker, if you compare ages by minutes or by win shares (contribution), the current team is only half a year younger than the old squad.

Comment

Yeah, interesting the way history repeats.

If Masai does not have faith in this team, a first round 5 game knockout might give him justification to make some likely to be unpopular moves. He will be able to point to no growth in playoffs and a future of first round exits.

Comment

The difference is:

WE WILL FUCKING WIPE THE NETS' SCRUBBY SENIOR ASSES ALL OVER THE COURT AND USE THEIR FUCKING COACH'S HEAD TO CLEAN IT UP1!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors win 4-0.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Oh the refs are gonna SO fuck toronto around. Nets in penalty at 8 min mark

it will be sad.

Comment

toronto wont get that call.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

it will be sad.
                  Not scared of the nets at all. But refs have been known to take us out of games (see any game vs Miami)
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    2006-07 and 2013-14

Third year head coach with questionable coaching abilities
                    New GM
                    A influx of new players playing better than they ever have
                    Winning Atlantic division
                    Having a chance to play the Wizards who would be a relatively easy win (06-07 Arenas was injured just before playoffs) only to have it blown by 1 game and end up having to play the Nets a team that we built a rivalry with (06-07 because of Carter, this year because of close games).
                    One unbelievable end game play that wouldn't happen 99 times out of a 100 that set up this matchup (06-07 was the Mo Pete end game 3 vs the Wiz, this year it was Patterson's steal vs Nets)

I'm scared you guys.
                    So true. I am truly scared.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

it will be sad.
                      That's exactly why I didn't want to play Nets.

Comment

The Raptors understandably rested their starters in preparation for playing 5 vs. 8 on Saturday. Gonna be a long series.

Oh, and fuck the Nets. Let's hope Karma is as much of a bitch as they say...

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

To me Nets are too old and too slow to compete with the Raptors. We should win if we play a fast pace up and down game. Although, if we end up playing the half court game with the Nets we will lose.

Comment

#fuckthenets
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X