Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason Kidd beat his wife.

There. Its on the table

Fuck Kidd. Fuck the Nets too.

And fuck the NBA id they let Garnett and Pierce work the officials non-stop. This Bullshit "experience" storyline they are allowing already is brutal. All experience means is an agreed unspoken rule that they team with experience gets the calls

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Apparently, with a straight face, he said the goal for the game against the cavs, with only 7 bench players playing, was to win. He is slimy all around.
    I hate the Nets so much. For all of their careers, even before this year, Kidd, Garnett and Pierce were possibly the 3 basketball players I've hated the most including all players to ever set foot on an NBA floor.

I'm sure it'll be a tough series, but I hope the Raptors win and send these despicable pieces of crap packing.

Post Thanks / Like

Also between my hatred for these guys and the intensity of the playoffs...I hope I don't have a heart attack, because I will be going crazy for every second of every game.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad Blood here. This series could get real ugly real fast. Raps feel disrespected by Nets blatant tanking for the matchup!

You get the feeling some guys could be leaving the arena in an ambulance!

Good thing we got Hands, Bro! he ain't got no qualms clothes-lining a bitch if they cheap shot any of our guys.

We should have gotten Detroit to waive Charlie V. and bring him in to get under K.G.'s skin.
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

Only games I'll get to watch are Game 2 and Game 5 if it gets there... do I quit my job?
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

6. Like buckets, KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I hate the Nets so much. For all of their careers, even before this year, Kidd, Garnett and Pierce were possibly the 3 basketball players I've hated the most including all players to ever set foot on an NBA floor.

I'm sure it'll be a tough series, but I hope the Raptors win and send these despicable pieces of crap packing.

^^ I recall you saying you don't like anything Boston, but I long admired the Celtics history, from Russell to Larry Legend. It was a mystical franchise that I really liked. But Garnett and Pierce (also Rondo and Doc Rivers) made me put them right down near the bottom, basically I only supported them against the Lakers because I simply detest them. Easily some of my most disliked players of all time!

Post Thanks / Like

Id laugh if they give out black shirts at the barclays for game 3 and we wear our black jerseys

KARMA'S A BITCH

9. Like Axel, lilmamba_, FoxMachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    ^^ I recall you saying you don't like anything Boston, but I long admired the Celtics history, from Russell to Larry Legend. It was a mystical franchise that I really liked. But Garnett and Pierce (also Rondo and Doc Rivers) made me put them right down near the bottom, basically I only supported them against the Lakers because I simply detest them. Easily some of my most disliked players of all time!
    I didn't hate the Celtics until Pierce came along. I had no problem with their history before that.

I also despise the Red Sox, Pats and Bruins...

11. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

KG is going to be so damn rusty.. I'd love if he played big minutes. He'll throw off the chemistry that the Nets had post all-star break.

The Raptors match-up actually pretty well against the Nets. Pierce is obviously the hardest cover especially since it will be Ross doing most of the work there (I hope Salmons is ready because he's coming in if Ross can't handle it). But the Nets will have a hard time stopping JV and if DD gets his shot going, they'll have to rely on AK47 to stop him.. and AK47 is not the same guy that played in Utah under Sloan.

Lowry is going to need to keep his emotions in check.. the refs are going to be calling a lot of stupid fouls against the Raps.

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant wait for this over the nets !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    KG is going to be so damn rusty.. I'd love if he played big minutes. He'll throw off the chemistry that the Nets had post all-star break.

The Raptors match-up actually pretty well against the Nets. Pierce is obviously the hardest cover especially since it will be Ross doing most of the work there (I hope Salmons is ready because he's coming in if Ross can't handle it). But the Nets will have a hard time stopping JV and if DD gets his shot going, they'll have to rely on AK47 to stop him.. and AK47 is not the same guy that played in Utah under Sloan.

Lowry is going to need to keep his emotions in check.. the refs are going to be calling a lot of stupid fouls against the Raps.
    Me too. That's my #1 hope. JV got seriously deep post position against him last time they met.

Also, Ross will guard Johnson, he has every single time they played and did it well. Amir usually guards Pierce, which is scary.

15. Like planetmars liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    i cant wait for this over the nets !!!
    This Cracks me up everytime LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Only games I'll get to watch are Game 2 and Game 5 if it gets there... do I quit my job?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck. I think I may have to lay off the apps and stay away from RR during the games I won't be able to watch so I can PVR them and watch it on my own time!... thats going to be hard
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

After we win game one

20. Like Niagara Raptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Me too. That's my #1 hope. JV got seriously deep post position against him last time they met.

Also, Ross will guard Johnson, he has every single time they played and did it well. Amir usually guards Pierce, which is scary.
    I find it funny that Amir did such a great job guarding Durant but struggles so much guarding Pierce who is slower and shorter and not as good a shooter as Durant is. If Amir can play D on Pierce anything close to the way he played it against Durant we have a very good chance.

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Should you even ask such a ridiculous question? Of course yes.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This has to be my favorite Casey quote:

Before the postseason picture was finalized, Casey said his staff had finished most of its video scouting and preparation work for all of Toronto’s potential opponents, a process that began over a week ago. “It’s very tedious, hard work, with the understanding that you really don’t know who you’re going to play,” he said. “But it’s got to be done.”

With the initial work done, his team will ready to face the Nets on Saturday night at Air Canada Centre. He seemed eager to get the ball rolling.

“It is basketball,” Casey said. “It’s not rocket science.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/sp...tors.html?_r=0

24. Like Bendit, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I find it funny that Amir did such a great job guarding Durant but struggles so much guarding Pierce who is slower and shorter and not as good a shooter as Durant is. If Amir can play D on Pierce anything close to the way he played it against Durant we have a very good chance.
    Yeah. Pierce is my #1 concern. He's got a unique game, can't imagine Amir would've defended anyone like him before (obviously Durant is unique as well). I think Pierce had one really good game against the raptors, he made so many big shots and I recall Amir was struggling to handle him, but Pierce's other 3 games vs the Raptors weren't all that amazing. Not sure who was guarding him in the first two games, as Pierce moved up to the 4 some time after Lopez went down, and that really helped the nets.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty clear that the Nets chumped themselves into this match-up by dropping games. Now, I get the idea of resting players (ala Spurs), but making a strategic decision the Nets made tells something about the culture a team has. It says "Look, we have a better chance facing X than Y, so lets make that happen".

True leadership says "Bring it on bitch".

What happens to the raps over the course of the post-seasons, to me, is not nearly as important as the accomplishments this team has made this season.

Bring it on.

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information