Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Most fans are living vicariously through the players right now, feeling insulted by the Nets' actions, and wanting to destroy them as a result.

But the reality of the situation is, this will be a very, VERY tough series. We're the underdog despite being the higher seed.
    Spoke with few bookies tonight and they said raps will be 'slight favourites' when it comes to gambling.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      I appear to be in the minority here, but our overconfidence is a little extreme at the moment. While I can appreciate the enthusiasm, these "old farts" have been well rested for these last couple weeks and bring alot of post-season experience to the table. I can't shake my own pessimism. Youth and speed are one thing, but when it comes to playoffs its tough to beat experience.
      Don't kill my vibe.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

But the reality of the situation is, this will be a very, VERY tough series. We're the underdog despite being the higher seed.
        The pressure will be on Brooklyn, not Toronto. We may come out a little tight (do not panic after one quarter!) but soon the guys will get into a groove.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Don't kill my vibe.
          Not intending to. I just think some of you Raptors fans think this series is going to be a cakewalk and I think fans couldn't be more wrong. People are saying we're the underdogs regardless of our seeding and that Brooklyn are the ones who have all the pressure. That is right, but I think we face the same pressures and the difference between us and them, guys like Pierce, Garnett, Johnson and even Kidd have been their time and time again. I realize we gotta get this experience some how, but it might come at an expense. This series for me is going to come down to who's more mentally prepared. Not who's more athletic and faster. JMO

Comment

Doug Smith seems to think that Casey "can coach circles around Kidd" from an X's and O's standpoint.

I hope he's right.

Comment

Doug Smith seems to think that Casey "can coach circles around Kidd" from an X's and O's standpoint.

I hope he's right.
              We all do.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I have to ******* work.
                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  Fuck. I think I may have to lay off the apps and stay away from RR during the games I won't be able to watch so I can PVR them and watch it on my own time!... thats going to be hard
                  This is exactly what i'm doing man, good to know i'm not the only one haha.
                  "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                  - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Toronto would do well to feed NJ 12 very, VERY hard Tyler and Hayes fouls every game.

The more PP, Deron and Garnett have to pick themselves up off the floor, the more tired they will become. BEAT THE FUCK outta these guys.

HARD fouls.

Has to be part of the game plan.

Then on offence, they need to constantly drive it to the rim..... just never let up on the presure.

Comment

I appear to be in the minority here, but our overconfidence is a little extreme at the moment. While I can appreciate the enthusiasm, these "old farts" have been well rested for these last couple weeks and bring alot of post-season experience to the table. I can't shake my own pessimism. Youth and speed are one thing, but when it comes to playoffs its tough to beat experience.
                      I agree. Brooklyn and Chicago were the two lower seeded teams I wanted to avoid at all costs. Playing another young, inexperienced team would have been a bonus. JV better stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

Not intending to. I just think some of you Raptors fans think this series is going to be a cakewalk and I think fans couldn't be more wrong. People are saying we're the underdogs regardless of our seeding and that Brooklyn are the ones who have all the pressure. That is right, but I think we face the same pressures and the difference between us and them, guys like Pierce, Garnett, Johnson and even Kidd have been their time and time again. I realize we gotta get this experience some how, but it might come at an expense. This series for me is going to come down to who's more mentally prepared. Not who's more athletic and faster. JMO
                        Most people wanted the Wizards. if you look through other threads most people wanted to avoid the nets. It was the better matchup from an experience point of view. Most people were worried about the nets, their experience, their good form since the new year, but most commonly.. worried about getting screwed by the refs.
                        I think it's just a case of hey..the nets tanked to get the raptors, blatche talked some trash, they're full of %#%*# annoying old players and an annoying coach so let's send them home, bring it on.

Comment

The playoffs just created a resurgence of new posters/old posters returning. Once the playoffs are done (and yes I agree brooklyn will definitely be tough) and the raptors may or may not make a first round exit, those same posters will just disappear again until its time to rejoin the bandwagon.

Comment

I think the key to the series is post play and ball movement. I'd love to see Demar stop throwing up so many of his long twos in favour of posting up on JJ. Feed JV. Pound the rock. The Nets are thin inside. Who's going to stop JV? Over the hill KG? Plumlee? Defensive savant Blatche? DPOY Jason Collins?

Comment

xRevise wrote: View Post
                              I think the key to the series is post play and ball movement. I'd love to see Demar stop throwing up so many of his long twos in favour of posting up on JJ. Feed JV. Pound the rock. The Nets are thin inside. Who's going to stop JV? Over the hill KG? Plumlee? Defensive savant Blatche? DPOY Jason Collins?
                              OG is our king

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the winner of this series will be the team that shoots the 3 better (and defends it better). Both these teams rely on their outside shooting tremendously

Comment

Working...
                                X