Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1250

Thread: Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Ahh icic...tempered posts well done. I have no problem being a Ross fanboy myself.

I think you can hide one of DD or Vasquez on Livingston because you can play off of him a bit because he doesn't stretch out the floor. He also doesn't run off as many screens off the ball. He does use screens when he has the ball but you can go under the screen.

Pierce provides so many problems. I don't know if there is any one best solution. Fields is a valid option, but I think I like him on JJ more because JJ posts up more.
    Livingston had that solid drive and paint jumpshot that he always got in. But since he looks like the weakest link, hiding dd or Vasquez on him is fine. We fell for the pump fake far too many times
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

2. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I saw Lowry guarding DWill much of the game... Even when Ross was in. So again, I wouldn't say at all that Ross "shut down" DWill. Don't get me wrong, I love Ross, but I just didn't see what you are saying happened. And I was at the game watching pretty damn closely.
    I suggest you rewatch the third quarter then ( the only time Ross got a run of minutes). He guarded D-will every single time they got a chance to set up. Occasionally he would pick someone else up in transition but he was guarding Williams, and doing so effectively.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Livingston had that solid drive and paint jumpshot that he always got in. But since he looks like the weakest link, hiding dd or Vasquez on him is fine. We fell for the pump fake far too many times
    I'm ok if it is Livingston that is the one that we let hurt us because he isn't likely to drop a quick 10 points on us like JJ/Will/Pierce can (and did).

Good note on the pump fakes...it was painful and really not like us. I'm hoping that it is just being jumpy and wanting to do too much since it is the playoffs. Casey should have the team straightened out for Tuesday in that regard.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I'm ok if it is Livingston that is the one that we let hurt us because he isn't likely to drop a quick 10 points on us like JJ/Will/Pierce can (and did).

Good note on the pump fakes...it was painful and really not like us. I'm hoping that it is just being jumpy and wanting to do too much since it is the playoffs. Casey should have the team straightened out for Tuesday in that regard.
    I think it was because of the playoffs, everybody tried to do too much. Especially in the beginning on offence, Amir tried a putback dunk on the first possesion instead of actually grabbing it. He was really jumpy and with the virginity finally gone, i think we should be solid come tueday
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I think it was because of the playoffs, everybody tried to do too much. Especially in the beginning on offence, Amir tried a putback dunk on the first possesion instead of actually grabbing it. He was really jumpy and with the virginity finally gone, i think we should be solid come tueday
    With the virginity finally gone, we should be able to confidently penetrate and finish when the next time comes around.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    With the virginity finally gone, we should be able to confidently penetrate and finish when the next time comes around.
    You've got the seed of an idea here. When I see men pooling their efforts in a double pump to finally break through, I know an exciting climax is assured.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way:

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh.....

although there are other teams involved, I am not even remotely surprised that the Raps play tomorrow, and two other Saturday games go tonight..... Advantage, early in a series, for the Nets old as dirts..... yep, the other teams will have that gap...... AT THE END OF THE SERIES.

its clear that getting to a young team early and often can derail them badly. So, take them out of rhythm with tick tacks in the first quarter, but keep the fouls shots even... (thats key). make sure old grizzles are rested for the critical opening games...... and by all means, put them whistles away in the fourth, the one quarter that the raps dominate with their willingness to get to the rim.

Add to that a simple little time clock malfunction the theoretically wouldnt bother the 40 year olds, but would play havoc to kids already freaking out.....and there you have it, an air tight influence on a series that nobody can truly prove.

Raps need to hurt someone.....bad..... broken hand for pierce.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    ....Raps need to hurt someone.....bad..... broken hand for pierce.
    Have to call you out for this one. Asking for a Raptor to break Pierce's hand is a gross over reaction to the situation the team finds itself in. Pierce had a hot run in the fourth and doesn't deserve that kind of disrespect. I think a couple or three dislocated fingers on his shooting hand would be sufficient.

11. Like Superjudge liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this guy...he gets it hahahahaha

Thread Information