Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Time to panic. We are going to get swept. I don't understand why that thread was moved to game thread.
    We will not get swept.

Comment

• I think people are putting too much stock into that DeRozan quote. I mean he's not going to sing the praises of the Nets defence or anything and it's a post-game interview, he's just trying to give the easiest and quickest answers possible.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        We were pretty terrible on offense for large stretches of that game. Execution broke down pretty badly, especially in the second half. Brooklyn did a good job making Demar look terrible and we didn't really punish them. There were some positives, and they certainly didn't trample us with their own offense, but the second half was pretty dismal.

They had the gas in the first and then both teams were brutal in the third. They won the second half by 3 points, which says a lot about how this game went.

Positives? They shot under 43% from the field, weren't hitting threes and weren't getting to the line like crazy. A bigger issue was the calls WE were not getting more than anything else... and everyone cooling off from an already unimpressive first half. Lowry in particular was a lot less effective in the second half.

Credit Demar for continuing to give effort, but he was brutal... again, especially in the second half.

Jonas was KILLING me with the turnovers, and Lowry was pretty rough, too. Some of that was non-calls or shot-clock violations, but still.

Defense isn't my primary concern here; the Nets didn't stamp us. We had some problems, surely, but our biggest issue was the impotence of our offense. We just threw up 87 points against a team that was 20th in the league defensively in the RS. Now, injuries and such aside, that's bloody putrid. They REALLY took us apart, and it wasn't just that we were bricking chippies. I hope we find a way to adjust, because that's a big problem. This team doesn't have enough punch if all we've got is Lowry. Credit Kyle, he was the reason we were in it at all (especially in the first half) but wow, the rest of the team needs to step up.

Loved the intensity of the game, loved that we were battling and I loved that we kept trying the whole way through. I don't mind that we lost so much as how we lost (and I'm not talking about how Pierce made some big shots, including that gorgeous shimmy fade at the end).

The 3rd quarter letdown was, while expected, still really disappointing and was the game right there. The Nets were as impotent as were we, and that should have been our time. Instead, we had 4 turnovers, that sequence where Jonas missed the lefty hook and then the tip-in after and made only 5 FGs, shooting 5/15 from the field. We finished the game shooting 39.4% from the field.

That's really anemic offense, and the Nets aren't an especially good team defensively without Lopez.

Keep this in mind:

1Q: -8 2Q: +4 3Q: -1 4Q: -2

We were +1 after the first quarter, but dug ourselves an early hole and just kept sucking on offense, doing so poorly that we couldn't even take advantage of Brooklyn's own tepid offense.

Rod and Jack kept talking about Deron Williams, but he actually didn't do much besides shoot a lot. He was mediocre from 3 and shot 40% from the field, scoring 24 points on 20 FGAs. That's alright, I mean it wasn't horrendous, and Vasquez's defense was fairly bad, but still, that wasn't what sank us.
        after reading this i knew you didn't actually write it. just weird that you randomly steal things from realgm and post them here as if they're your own?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...5839#p39355839

Comment

• The problem I think the Raptors are going to have is as I've said before Brooklyn has 3 guys who can hit clutch/dagger shots consistently. We have maybe 1 in Lowry. Since playoffs games almost always come down to the wire the likelihood of us hitting the big shots to get the win is MUCH less likely than Brooklyn . They proved it tonight. The games normally come down to offensive toughness and execution in the last 3 minutes or so and we have been bad at that all year when the game is close. We also have WAY too many guys who take bad shots over and over again. It's not just DD.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            after reading this i knew you didn't actually write it. just weird that you randomly steal things from realgm and post them here as if they're your own?

LOL exposed! Mack11 why wouldn't you just quote it? Or say that you got this from someone else and agree with?
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• just got off the plane. guess it was ok that I missed the game. one optimistic thing to say without having seen anything from the game is how was it a seven point game when we got nothing from Ross or DD? But from a realistic perspective I can say, even if we lost in 4 games, we will beat this team next year. and the year after that.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Good catch. Shame on you MACK11. Form your own opinion dude.

Comment

• our defense seemed decent. we just had 0 offensive flow going at all. at some point even lowry stopped passing the ball because no one could buy a bucket. that HORRIBLE play to end the half with de colo just throwing it backcourt to no one was fucking ridiculous.

Comment

• Watch the Warriors-Clippers game if you can, it's sooo good.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Watch the Warriors-Clippers game if you can, it's sooo good.
                      Iggy fouling out in 19 min was ridiculous
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        just got off the plane. guess it was ok that I missed the game. one optimistic thing to say without having seen anything from the game is how was it a seven point game when we got nothing from Ross or DD? But from a realistic perspective I can say, even if we lost in 4 games, we will beat this team next year. and the year after that.
                        it was horrid. ross somehow got 2 fouls basically 1 second apart from each other. derozan couldn't handle being double teamed at all this time. kept losing the ball and turning it over and it was literally like seeing the demar of previous seasons playing, not the one thats been rebounding and passing.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone know who or why there was a girl in an orange dress on the sideline next to Drake? Was she a bollywood actress or something?
                          Rhianna probably not returning phone calls.

Comment

• Griffin fouls out in 19 min, just like Iggy
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Lol Mack11, is it true??? Say it ain't so!

Who saw Blake dash that cup of water on the GSM fan at the scorers table? Classic. Announcers aren't mentioning it but I bet it's gonna be on deadspin.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Griffin fouls out in 19 min, just like Iggy
                                The physicality in the playoffs has increased (as expected) but the refs of both games are calling it tightly like the normal season, hence all the foul trouble. The refs will adjust as well though.

Comment

Working...
                                X