Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan has to drop 40 in game 2 to make up for his horrible game 1.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      Here's a breakdown showing some of the reasons why we were beat.

Thanks for this. I love his breakdowns, although his mistook deyolo for Vasquez at the start.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
        Thanks for this. I love his breakdowns, although his mistook deyolo for Vasquez at the start.
        That video just depressed me. If we have to go small to matchup with them which it's looking like we might have to we're screwed because then there will be VERY little paint presence on D. Amir can't be the only good help defender. Also it showed that our D wasn't all that great even though stats might say otherwise. They pretty much ran the same play 4 or 5 times and we couldn't stop it every single time. They just have too many guys who love the big moment and relish taking and hitting the big shot. It was Paul Pierce yesterday but if he's off one day then it can be Deron or it can be Joe Johnson. And the only one we seem to be able to stop is Deron (At least with Terrence on him) *Sigh* It's not looking good. Oh well this experience should hopefully help our young guys out a lot and make them hungry to get to the playoffs again but this time actually get out of the first round.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really think the only way we beat this team is if we're up like 10-12 points in the last 3-5 minutes. If it's close they will win it. Unless for some reason Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson and Deron all miss the big shots they normally hit. We just labour to score down the stretch and throughout the game way too much. Our execution is just terrible down the stretch offensively and we just take bad shot after bad shot.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• And that's something that has plagued us all season unless we played some crappy team so I don't see why it will all of a sudden change in the playoffs. You are who you are by then.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              He'll need to play more than 16 minutes and take more than 4 shots for that to happen ...

And Ross wasn't even guarding DWill that much today... let alone enough to say he 'shut him down'. In my opinion anyway.
              Ross guarded DWill in the first quarter and the third quarter. During his time guarding him DWill did not score more than 2 points. I also thought he did a great job picking up the ball early in transition. When he came out early in the first the Nets went on a little run that mostly came from poor transition defense.

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              He defended him very well in the third quarter. Obviously he didn't play enough to say he shut someone down though.
              If DWill didn't do anything when Ross was on the floor...did Ross not "shut him down"...not Ross' fault on some of those foul calls.

consmap wrote: View Post
              Here's a breakdown showing some of the reasons why we were beat.

Love these breakdowns. Pretty much affirmed what I thought about Vasquez and DD on defense yesterday. For what Vasquez gave offensively he more than gave up defensively. DD didn't give anything offensively and hurt us defensively as well. Need to figure things out.

I personally would go with this lineup down the stretch:

Lowry on DWill
              Ross on JJ or Pierce
              DD on Livingston (hide him)
              Fields on Pierce or JJ
              Val/Amir on KG, depending on who is playing better

I think that should work very well defensively as well as offensively, Fields ability to handle will make it harder for Pierce to guard him and make him work on both side of the ball. Pierce is able to float guarding Amir because of his strength and ability to just swipe Amir if he gets the ball.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Ross guarded DWill in the first quarter and the third quarter. During his time guarding him DWill did not score more than 2 points. I also thought he did a great job picking up the ball early in transition. When he came out early in the first the Nets went on a little run that mostly came from poor transition defense.

If DWill didn't do anything when Ross was on the floor...did Ross not "shut him down"...not Ross' fault on some of those foul calls.

Love these breakdowns. Pretty much affirmed what I thought about Vasquez and DD on defense yesterday. For what Vasquez gave offensively he more than gave up defensively. DD didn't give anything offensively and hurt us defensively as well. Need to figure things out.

I personally would go with this lineup down the stretch:

Lowry on DWill
                Ross on JJ or Pierce
                DD on Livingston (hide him)
                Fields on Pierce or JJ
                Val/Amir on KG, depending on who is playing better

I think that should work very well defensively as well as offensively, Fields ability to handle will make it harder for Pierce to guard him and make him work on both side of the ball. Pierce is able to float guarding Amir because of his strength and ability to just swipe Amir if he gets the ball.
                Re. Bold, I just didn't want to sound like the Ross fanboy I can be he did a fine job defensively whilst he was in. Was a pity about those early soft foul calls.

It's such a tough matchup for the guards/wings because you can't hide DD or Vasquez on anyone. Even Livingston abused Vasquez multiple times, and I think with his high IQ he could expose DeRozan as well. He's got good ball skills and could exploit his lack of lateral quickness too. I like Ross on D-Will, he doesn't have the speed to blow by Terrence..but then that means DeRozan is on JJ which didn't work. I think Lowry has to guard Williams, at least more than he did. Maybe you can open up with Terrence on him and switch Lowry onto him later like you suggested.

The Pierce matchup was always going to be the most threatening going into the series and still got no idea what they can do considering Salmons is useless and Fields doesn't seem like a legit option to Casey. Patterson did well for 90% of the game then got burnt at the end.
                Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Apr 20, 2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I saw Lowry guarding DWill much of the game... Even when Ross was in. So again, I wouldn't say at all that Ross "shut down" DWill. Don't get me wrong, I love Ross, but I just didn't see what you are saying happened. And I was at the game watching pretty damn closely.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    Someone yells "Lets go nets!" in union station after the game 1 loss and raptors fans aren't happy lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOL xD fuck you, fuck you ,your a piece of shit LOOOOOOOOL gotta love us
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      Re. Bold, I just didn't want to sound like the Ross fanboy I can be he did a fine job defensively whilst he was in. Was a pity about those early soft foul calls.

It's such a tough matchup for the guards/wings because you can't hide DD or Vasquez on anyone. Even Livingston abused Vasquez multiple times, and I think with his high IQ he could expose DeRozan as well. He's got good ball skills and could exploit his lack of lateral quickness too. I like Ross on D-Will, he doesn't have the speed to blow by Terrence..but then that means DeRozan is on JJ which didn't work. I think Lowry has to guard Williams, at least more than he did. Maybe you can open up with Terrence on him and switch Lowry onto him later like you suggested.

The Pierce matchup was always going to be the most threatening going into the series and still got no idea what they can do considering Salmons is useless and Fields doesn't seem like a legit option to Casey. Patterson did well for 90% of the game then got burnt at the end.
                      Ahh icic...tempered posts well done. I have no problem being a Ross fanboy myself.

I think you can hide one of DD or Vasquez on Livingston because you can play off of him a bit because he doesn't stretch out the floor. He also doesn't run off as many screens off the ball. He does use screens when he has the ball but you can go under the screen.

Pierce provides so many problems. I don't know if there is any one best solution. Fields is a valid option, but I think I like him on JJ more because JJ posts up more.

Comment

Ahh icic...tempered posts well done. I have no problem being a Ross fanboy myself.

I think you can hide one of DD or Vasquez on Livingston because you can play off of him a bit because he doesn't stretch out the floor. He also doesn't run off as many screens off the ball. He does use screens when he has the ball but you can go under the screen.

Pierce provides so many problems. I don't know if there is any one best solution. Fields is a valid option, but I think I like him on JJ more because JJ posts up more.
                        Livingston had that solid drive and paint jumpshot that he always got in. But since he looks like the weakest link, hiding dd or Vasquez on him is fine. We fell for the pump fake far too many times
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I saw Lowry guarding DWill much of the game... Even when Ross was in. So again, I wouldn't say at all that Ross "shut down" DWill. Don't get me wrong, I love Ross, but I just didn't see what you are saying happened. And I was at the game watching pretty damn closely.
                          I suggest you rewatch the third quarter then ( the only time Ross got a run of minutes). He guarded D-will every single time they got a chance to set up. Occasionally he would pick someone else up in transition but he was guarding Williams, and doing so effectively.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Livingston had that solid drive and paint jumpshot that he always got in. But since he looks like the weakest link, hiding dd or Vasquez on him is fine. We fell for the pump fake far too many times
                            I'm ok if it is Livingston that is the one that we let hurt us because he isn't likely to drop a quick 10 points on us like JJ/Will/Pierce can (and did).

Good note on the pump fakes...it was painful and really not like us. I'm hoping that it is just being jumpy and wanting to do too much since it is the playoffs. Casey should have the team straightened out for Tuesday in that regard.

Comment

I'm ok if it is Livingston that is the one that we let hurt us because he isn't likely to drop a quick 10 points on us like JJ/Will/Pierce can (and did).

Good note on the pump fakes...it was painful and really not like us. I'm hoping that it is just being jumpy and wanting to do too much since it is the playoffs. Casey should have the team straightened out for Tuesday in that regard.
                              I think it was because of the playoffs, everybody tried to do too much. Especially in the beginning on offence, Amir tried a putback dunk on the first possesion instead of actually grabbing it. He was really jumpy and with the virginity finally gone, i think we should be solid come tueday
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                I think it was because of the playoffs, everybody tried to do too much. Especially in the beginning on offence, Amir tried a putback dunk on the first possesion instead of actually grabbing it. He was really jumpy and with the virginity finally gone, i think we should be solid come tueday
                                With the virginity finally gone, we should be able to confidently penetrate and finish when the next time comes around.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X