Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    He doesn't need more touches, per se, they just need to utilize more plays that aim to get bigs easy touches. A couple of his worst plays were in iso post ups. He thrived as a roll man, on putbacks, or on deep post ups aided by more movement in the O.
    I meant more touches like when he out there playing well and our players just dont give him the ball at all and treat him like he has no offense
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Lol I remember before JV's first game in the NBA he said he was "nervous" then ended up dropping a double double (12 and 10 I think).
      Then he has the "jitters" before this game and comes up with 17 and 18.
      I wonder if he does it just to troll us.
      OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I meant more touches like when he out there playing well and our players just dont give him the ball at all and treat him like he has no offense
        They looked for him fine today. That really wasn't the problem.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          Lol I remember before JV's first game in the NBA he said he was "nervous" then ended up dropping a double double (12 and 10 I think).
          Then he has the "jitters" before this game and comes up with 17 and 18.
          I wonder if he does it just to troll us.
          Imagine his first Finals game in a couple of weeks time

Comment

They looked for him fine today. That really wasn't the problem.
            All Im saying is If a team cannot stop what's working keep going to it but this team usually goes away from the things that do work to just taking jumpers
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Was at the game today and have only been able to see one replay of the D-Will flop. Anyone have a .gif or some video? I want to know if it was really as bad as it seemed live and in the replay I saw.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Yo, whats up with you plagiarizing someone from RealGM?! You're better than that Mack!
                And RealGM?! C'mon man. Now we all know that you visit there!
                Hes ignoring you joey!

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                  Was at the game today and have only been able to see one replay of the D-Will flop. Anyone have a .gif or some video? I want to know if it was really as bad as it seemed live and in the replay I saw.
                  Yes! Good call, forgot about that!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    All Im saying is If a team cannot stop what's working keep going to it but this team usually goes away from the things that do work to just taking jumpers
                    But that's the thing. JV wasn't dominating as a scorer or anything. In fact he missed a couple of gimmes. He was playing very well, but he's just not capable of being a guy you can go to 20-25 times in a game yet (maybe not ever in terms of with regularity). It wasn't "working" in a way where he could've carried us to a win to offset the shit wing play. The wing play was totally epically horrible. You're not going to win with that.

Comment

But that's the thing. JV wasn't dominating as a scorer or anything. In fact he missed a couple of gimmes. He was playing very well, but he's just not capable of being a guy you can go to 20-25 times in a game yet (maybe not ever in terms of with regularity). It wasn't "working" in a way where he could've carried us to a win to offset the shit wing play. The wing play was totally epically horrible. You're not going to win with that.
                      Exactly, don't be fooled by the numbers, JV's points don't come off "plays", they come off hustle and broken plays. Giving him the ball in the post usually results in a turnover, there's no reason at this point in his career to "run plays of him"

Edit: I say this as a BIG fan of JV, but right now he's not an Olajuwon, Duncan, Ewing type of player that you can just give him the ball and let him go to work, right now he's just hustling for points.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        Imagine his first Finals game in a couple of weeks time
                        "I'm feeling very anxious."

35 pts, 21 rbs, 3 blks, 9 posterizations
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Exactly, don't be fooled by the numbers, JV's points don't come off "plays", they come off hustle and broken plays. Giving him the ball in the post usually results in a turnover, there's no reason at this point in his career to "run plays of him"

Edit: I say this as a BIG fan of JV, but right now he's not an Olajuwon, Duncan, Ewing type of player that you can just give him the ball and let him go to work, right now he's just hustling for points.
                          Just to add to this, Garnett twice goaded JV into trying to drive left (that I remember, might have been more). Turnover both times. You remember JV driving left much during the regular season? Me neither.

To me, it comes down to the pathetic excuse for offensive sets the Raps run. The Nets were more than capable of blowing up the Raps' pet plays (especially the hand-off screens for DeRozan), and the Raps had zero counters. In fact it really felt like they hadn't worked at all on how the Nets might try to stop certain actions because there certainly didn't seem to be any backup plan or secondary/tertiary action when the primary was taken away.

Comment

• One positive from today: GV's a player who will take and make big shots. Can't have enough of these players.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Well the options are:

John Salmons: Inconsistent (More off than on though), solid defensively but not spectacular, decision making/movement poor mobility

Fields: No Shot, very good defensively, very active cutting/handling, faster and stronger

Not even a decision to me, its the playoffs and if Laundry's elbow is good, he should be playing, even if he cannot shoot

Understated. His block on KG was huge too...

So excited to see what JV can do when he 1) trims up, 2) gets a better handle, and 3) does quicker outlet passes (on D and O)
                              the outlet passes for JV is definitely something he needs to improve big time. its like most of the time he doesn't even try to get it back out and goes for the hook no matter what. that means half the time its going to be unnecessary turnover.
                              Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Apr 19, 2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                Hes ignoring you joey!
                                hes probably searching on realgm for a proper response to copy and paste over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X