Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    94-74 ATL winning vs Indiana ahahahahaha
    We should have tanked for the 8th seed;D
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Just curious...where did u get the "100" number from?
      that was just a guess. That's why i added a plus sign after 100.

Comment

• I took this roughly 45 minutes before tip off. You can see on the left where they're funnelling people trying to get into the stadium through that real sports building, the rest is all people there to watch. Again, that's 45 minutes before tip-off, I can only imagine how big it got by the end.

I can definitely vouch for the crowd inside though. It started with booing the Nets coming out of the tunnel and was consistent through the whole night. They booed the hell out of D-Will when he flopped, they got on KG over and over, and I would have hated to have been an NBA official working that game. Very loud, very supportive, and hung on every play.

edit: can't seem to upload photo, trying

Last edited by Lark Benson; Sat Apr 19, 2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
          I took this roughly 45 minutes before tip off. You can see on the left where they're funnelling people trying to get into the stadium through that real sports building, the rest is all people there to watch. Again, that's 45 minutes before tip-off, I can only imagine how big it got by the end.

I can definitely vouch for the crowd inside though. It started with booing the Nets coming out of the tunnel and was consistent through the whole night. They booed the hell out of D-Will when he flopped, they got on KG over and over, and I would have hated to have been an NBA official working that game. Very loud, very supportive, and hung on every play.

edit: can't seem to upload photo, trying
          The players couldn't even hear the whistle XD
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• why are people laughing at the pacers??? do we all of a sudden hate them or something? yeah sure they're in the midst of an epic collapse, but no idea why people are being weirdly childish about it.

Comment

• Finally a crowd thats close to as passionate as ours. This okc crowd is great!

Comment

• SpursFanAmbassador wrote: View Post
                that was just a guess. That's why i added a plus sign after 100.
                Oh ok. Bad guess. Unlike Texas, we do things in a "big" way here

We havent been to the playoffs in a looong time...(thats playoffs not the Finals like you guys do hohum).

Comment

• Asked if the profanity represented his feelings about the Nets, who have been accused of tanking in order to face Toronto in the first round, Ujiri said: "You know how I feel. I don't like them, but I apologize."
                  Raptors coach Dwane Casey said he had no problem with Ujiri's colorful language.
                  "It doesn't offend me whatsoever," Casey said after the Nets won 94-87 in Game 1. "That's Masai. That's why our team plays like that. He's a fiery guy. That should represent how we feel."
                  Toronto guard Kyle Lowry echoed his coach's sentiments.
                  "(Ujiri) is a very passionate guy," Lowry said. "He believes in what we have and what we're doing."
                  Nets coach Jason Kidd, meanwhile, claimed not to have heard about either the controversial comments or Ujiri.
                  "I don't even know who the GM is," Kidd said.
                  Bold 1: BUWAHAHAH Ujiri is the man!!! you know how I feel I dont like them hahahahah
                  Kyle and Casey knew what hey were talking bout

Bold 2: just fuck off Kidd no one likes you
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Oh ok. Bad guess. Unlike Texas, we do things in a "big" way here

We havent been to the playoffs in a looong time...(thats playoffs not the Finals like you guys do hohum).
                    Your right! it's been a long time since raptors made a playoff appearance, that's why probably 10,000 fans were standing outside the arena. The arena is fully packed too. Im actually happy and excited for the raptors making a playoff appearance after so many years.

Well for the spurs, this is probably their last run. We want just to give timmy one more ring before he goes.. I live in Los angeles by the way lol. I can't stand the lakers fans >.< and the clippers fans lol. I also don't hate on lakers and clippers. I remember in 2012, i went to the playoffs clippers vs spurs game 4, it was my birthday. Every clippers fans in the arena were wearing red, and im wearing red shirt too but im a spurs fan lol. It's so funny and awkward at the same time, when spurs made a shot, im the only in the stand with red shirt standing and cheering. After the game, So many clippers fans were cursing at me. But it didn't affect me because i was happy that spurs won that game

Comment

• respect from pacers fans:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9
                      you can't seriously blame the fans for not being loud
                      (talking about silence from pacers crowd)

reply:
                      i can and I will. I know many will disagree, but if you saw what the Toronto fans did today, you know what it is to give your team the home court advantage. A lot of failures out there tonight not limited to the players.

Comment

• By the way, anyone remembers the crowd ranting " Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t". The espn commentators were just speechless lol.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Also I am feeling that this series is going to be a breakout series for Ross. His shooting and defense could turn some heads, especially if he shuts down someone like DWill like he did today.
                          He'll need to play more than 16 minutes and take more than 4 shots for that to happen ...

And Ross wasn't even guarding DWill that much today... let alone enough to say he 'shut him down'. In my opinion anyway.

Comment

• It's okay, guys! Just like the fans, I'm sure the players were nervous and excited all at once. To be honest, as a fan, I'm not so nervous about game 2 as I was about game 1

I'm sure the boys can relate as well. On the plus side, think about it, we only lost by 6 when our all-star, Amir, and Ross were having a bad game. These boys have a lot more gas in their tanks - Brooklyn, you've been warned

Comment

• SpursFanAmbassador wrote: View Post
                              By the way, anyone remembers the crowd ranting " Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t". The espn commentators were just speechless lol.
                              I was wondering what the reaction would be to that ... it was VERY clear in the arena. Wondered how clear it would come out on the tube.

Comment

• Let's not forget the fact that an experienced team will eventually run out of gas. Youth > Men supposed to be a retirement home!

Comment

Working...
                                X