Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No," first-year coach Jason Kidd said, bristling at the thought of his team tanking. "We had a plan from training camp, and we stuck with the plan throughout the year. We dealt with injuries, we kept minutes down, we never went away from the game plan or the big picture, and we felt we would be the No. 3, 4, 5 or 6 seed and we would have to find a way to win a playoff series no matter who the opponent is.

"The talk about tanking or whatever, we had to play the games. Unfortunately we didn't win some of them, and we fell from fifth to sixth. But again, if you look at our injury report going into the playoffs, we achieved the biggest goal, and that was to be healthy going in. But we'll leave that to you guys to talk about tanking."

Reporter on followup: Hey coach....Can you also confirm that you also "had a plan from training camp" to use the "spill the drink on the bb floor" so you can get an official's timeout?

Comment

• Comment

• I love how the media overrate the Nets playoffs experience. Sure they have Pierce, KG, Williams and JJ. But most of their KEY players have 0 playoff experience as well and no one's talking about it. Livingston, Plumlee, Thornton, and Anderson have combined to play 0 playoff games.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Raps are -3 right now on BoDog. I refuse to bet on them this playoffs, I will not do it.
          So how much did you end up betting?

Comment

• We will know in the first quarter. If Raps come out focused and determined we have a chance. I remember last time in playoffs game 1 @ Orlando how the Magic came out focused and ready hitting numerous 3s with lots of energy. We fought uphill all game after the first unsuccessfully. We need to do what the Magic did in that game 1.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              We will know in the first quarter. If Raps come out focused and determined we have a chance. I remember last time in playoffs game 1 @ Orlando how the Magic came out focused and ready hitting numerous 3s with lots of energy. We fought uphill all game after the first unsuccessfully. We need to do what the Magic did in that game 1.
              I also remember an unhealthy reliance on Jason Japono that series ...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I wonder if the crowd boos if the Raps win but only score 99 points?
                I will cast a curse of perpetual violent diarrhea through the mouth on whoever does this.

Comment

• Coach Nick is on our side. He knows whats up

Comment

• I am not seeing any Raptors playoff game listed tomorrow at 12:30 on TSN or TSN1 on my "Bell" channel guide. I am involved in family activities that require me to PVR the game and them start watching about 1:30. Some EPL Chelsea/Liverpool match or something. I assume this just means that they haven't updated the onscreen guide. (Please Raptor Jesus).

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I love how the media overrate the Nets playoffs experience. Sure they have Pierce, KG, Williams and JJ. But most of their KEY players have 0 playoff experience as well and no one's talking about it. Livingston, Plumlee, Thornton, and Anderson have combined to play 0 playoff games.
                      To be honest, for the people who are betting on BKN to win, that's their only argument. Apart from experience, what else do they have?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I am not seeing any Raptors playoff game listed tomorrow at 12:30 on TSN or TSN1 on my "Bell" channel guide. I am involved in family activities that require me to PVR the game and them start watching about 1:30. Some EPL Chelsea/Liverpool match or something. I assume this just means that they haven't updated the onscreen guide. (Please Raptor Jesus).
                        Game is on Cogeco's guide.....TSN 12.00 pregame starts, I'm going to have to drink some bourbon so I can sleep tonight.

Comment

• Switched shifts with a coworker so I can see the game tomorrow! Fuck yes!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                            To be honest, for the people who are betting on BKN to win, that's their only argument. Apart from experience, what else do they have?
                            Zach Lowe's preview of the series mentioned the Nets ability to switch almost everything ruins our favourite plays, Amir Johnson not being 100% and the the Nets ability to post up everyone as reasons why he chose Nets in 6.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Switched shifts with a coworker so I can see the game tomorrow! Fuck yes!
                              Atta boy. Congrats! That's what I like to hear!

Comment

• Is it bad to say Game 1 is a must-win? This team needs a strong start, + having the momentum going into Game 2 would be nice against the Nets' "experience".
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X