No announcement yet.

ROUND 1 - Raptors vs Nets + The Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not worried about the Raps drawing fouls against the Nets. Brooklyn doesn't have any elite defenders and will be a step slow. Raps will get to the line if they're aggressive. I AM worried about the Nets getting bailed out on the offensive end, though. Officiating has become totally based on missed shots dictating foul calls. If the Raps are playing hard and forcing bad shots, they may get whistled down as "reputation calls" for the veteran Nets (he can't possibly miss on his own, he's Paul Pierce!). This is dangerous for our team as early foul trouble not only takes guys off the floor, but affects their D the rest of the game.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      He could get fined for saying that.
      BigCamB wrote: View Post
      Can't imagine Casey ever saying this. I don't often pay close attention to Casey's robotic post game pressers so I could be wrong, but he usually doesn't criticize the refs at all I thought. Even the laugher in Sacramento he refused to bite. Of course the stress of the playoffs could change this though.
      Haha I know Casey won't ever say that;I was being tongue and cheek.

Comment

No, but there will be enough bad calls to support wild speculation, as always.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          No, but there will be enough bad calls to support wild speculation, as always.
          I just hope I don't have to see Lowry getting charged a foul for being elbowed in the face by Pierce...again....That was definitely one of the epically bad calls against the Raps this year.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            In summary, hansbrough break kg back and punch paul in the shoulder

And we got ourselves a wictory baby
            Did Somone say Wictory?

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Did Somone say Wictory?

This clip has been posted like 459 times in the last few days....

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                This clip has been posted like 459 times in the last few days....
                Okay here's a better JV

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I just hope I don't have to see Lowry getting charged a foul for being elbowed in the face by Pierce...again....That was definitely one of the epically bad calls against the Raps this year.
                  I am afraid of this over the length of a series...

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Okay here's a better JV

I miss skinny JV

Comment

There is a conspiracy against the Raptors because they are a Canadian team. It starts with the NBA head office and the CIA, FBI, and NSA are involved also.

Comment

What a bunch of bitches ... The games has not started yet but we are acting like bunch losers, accepting defeat and blaming it on the Refs ... How F***ing Pathetic.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Refereeing is going to be a factor, but not necessarily in terms of any bias. These are two of the highest fouls-per-possession and fouls-drawn-per-possession teams in the league, especially once you remove the 'hack-a-whomever' teams that are at the top of the fouls-drawn lists. On top of that, it's clear these two teams don't like each other and it's going to get chippy. There are going to be a lot of fouls called in this series, and fans from both sides are going to claim bias. There are going to be some bad calls; that's inevitable. Fouls are just another facet that one team will 'win', by playing with just the right amount of edge.

And this is where Brooklyn's playoff experience gives them an advantage, because they'll have a better feel for just how much they can get away with. Winning the foul battle will be key, and I think proper deployment of Hansbrough is a big part of this strategy for the Raptors. He needs to be in there whenever Brooklyn has a mostly-bench unit with one or two starters, and he needs to get into those guys. He might not draw fouls in game 1, but over the course of a series, a healthy dose of Hansbrough is a good investment.
                        When Brooklyn's going small, it'll also be key to limit penetration and not leave Jonas in those help-situations where he tends to pick up fouls. But my biggest concern, reffing-wise, is how much an attempted-drawn-charge-turned-blocking-call against Lowry can turn a game against the Raptors. Obviously you can't ask Lowry to change the way he plays, but he needs to be really smart about not putting himself in foul-trouble even if he thinks he's got a shot at the charge. Lowry in foul-trouble is a killer for us.
                        A physical series benefits the Raptors. If Garnett doesn't have a sore back by game 3, if Pierce doesn't have a sore shoulder, the Raptors aren't playing the game right (and I'm not advocating intentionally injuring anyone here: just grind them down within what's allowed).
                        Oh I think the calls will be going Brooklyns way, and i also agree, the only way to beat that is to bear down and play harder. And knowing you're gonna get whistled...HARD FOULS. Garnett and Pierce need to be on the floor always.....just bash the shit out of them..... make it a dirty and hard fought series and Toronto wins

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          There is a conspiracy against the Raptors because they are a Canadian team. It starts with the NBA head office and the CIA, FBI, and NSA are involved also.
                          I like when you guys are smug and mock others who claim foul.

you look stupid

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            I like when you guys are smug and mock others who claim foul.

you look stupid
                            Happy to oblige. Enjoy the playoffs.

Comment

you guys still think refs are not gonna play a part of this series...not 1 call against BK in the entire 4th quarter! JV, Lowry and Demar were getting hacked and no calls going there way down the stretch cause KG n Peirce still living off reputation calls..not an excuse for the loss but its a severe handicap.

Comment

quit the bitchin'.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X