No announcement yet.

Raptors TV broadcast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't you silly Hoop heads ever support your sport without insulting Hockey?

Fuck off right back at ya.

I love both. Hockey is more supported for a reason, its canada's game. Its changing, sure, economics demand it, but hating people for preferring one sport over another is horrible. Hating a advertisers for wanting to speak to one million sets of ears instead of 250k is just stupid.

Sid is bang on. You wanna get more game national....get more fans supporting, loudly. if you cannot, there is your answer.

Comment

• Isn't it kind of ironic that the more people that attend this free event at maple leaf square means less viewers and ratings watching via media outlets and on tv?

I'm def hoping to go to this either way.

Comment

• QUOTE=Bendit;322045]Haha...you must be jacked...an hour and half drive from Ottawa??? Tell us what you are driving.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's from oshawa?
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Ill be there (and Ill be at the game). Got sucked into half of seasons tickets in order to lock up tix for every game this playoffs. I cant wait. I 3:30 start would have been a little more optimal for prime pre-game lubrication ... but none the less, a few drinks can still be had before noon to get the ACC crowd into the right mood ...

Its been WAAAAY too long since our last playoff game. I cant wait ...

Comment

• youre gonna have a blast man!!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Why can't you silly Hoop heads ever support your sport without insulting Hockey?

I love both. Hockey is more supported for a reason, its canada's game. Its changing, sure, economics demand it, but hating people for preferring one sport over another is horrible. Hating a advertisers for wanting to speak to one million sets of ears instead of 250k is just stupid.

Sid is bang on. You wanna get more game national....get more fans supporting, loudly. if you cannot, there is your answer.
              Hockey sucks, Boo get off the stage

Comment

• The youth of today don't give a shit about hockey anymore.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaje...ort-in-canada/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Why can't you silly Hoop heads ever support your sport without insulting Hockey?

I'm with you man. Why knock another sport that is doing well just because you don't like it? It's not hockey that's the problem anyways, it's the media. And it gets covered so much because that's what people want obviously. Do I wish the Raptors and the NBA got more coverage on a regular basis? Hell yea. But let's face it, until we become a consistent winning team every year and get more fans, it's just not gonna happen.

Comment

• Times are a changin'!

I saw this tidbit from TSN:

The Road to 1 Million
                    The five Raptors games that have held the title of most-watched ever:
                    • Nov. 3, 1995 – Raptors inaugural game vs. Nets – 580,000
                    • Dec. 10, 1995 – Raptors vs. Grizzlies (first NBA game between two Canadian teams) – 605,000
                    • May 6, 2001 – After defeating the New York Knicks for their first playoff series win, Raptors beat Philadelphia in Game 1 of the Second Round – 819,000
                    • May 20, 2001 – Two weeks later, Raptors lose Game 7 of the Second Round series vs. Philadelphia (Vince Carter misses the winning shot at the buzzer) – 916,000
                    • April 30, 2014 – Raptors take 3-2 series lead in First Round vs. Nets – 1,003,000
                    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=450990

It looks like we're getting much attention!! This can only mean good things for the future to come! A great brand of basketball brings a great brand of new followers. If this doesn't mean we're getting a bit of respect out there, I don't know what does...

GO RAPS GO!!!!! Raps take down the Nets in Game 6, Book it!
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• Pierce shoots 0-10! Book it!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 1 million viewers, is the magic number for what is considered ratings gold in Canada. It gives a good perspective of the basketball landscape in Canada for it to take this long to achieve that number. I bet the Leafs get 2 million viewers every regular season game.

At least, we finally got there since it is about damn time.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Lets kill Brooklyn, put up a good fight against Miami.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• just saying... Leafs heartbreaker to Boston in game 7 last year hit 5.1 mill viewers.. and reached 12.9 mill audience peacking at around 8.5 mill during the game.

we are on the right track but still long way to go

Comment

• Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
                              And keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again
                              And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
                              And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
                              For the loser now will be later to win (Raptors)
                              For the times they are a-changin'

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
                                And keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again
                                And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
                                And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
                                For the loser now will be later to win (Raptors)
                                For the times they are a-changin'

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
                                Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X