Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pfffft: New York Media (Kyle Lowry trade that wasn't)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chirped him on twitter.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Every major media outlet was talking about it because it's the Knicks.

Look at the Raptors trades that ACTUALLY happened (Bargnani and Gay). Those came out of nowhere.

Just because a deal is being talked about publicly doesn't mean anything is actually going to go down.
      Jacob is right, though, Lowry was definitely being shopped. Ujiri himself said as much:
      http://www.sportando.com/m/en/cat/nb...door-open.html

If there was no truth to the NY rumor you would have heard a denial from Ujiri when asked about it repeatedly in the months that followed. But he never did. He basically just says stuff like we're really pleased how things have turned out.

I like Masai but there seems to be this weird obsession with making the guy seem infallible. He's not, and that's okay.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Jacob is right, though, Lowry was definitely being shopped. Ujiri himself said as much:
        http://www.sportando.com/m/en/cat/nb...door-open.html

If there was no truth to the NY rumor you would have heard a denial from Ujiri when asked about it repeatedly in the months that followed. But he never did. He basically just says stuff like we're really pleased how things have turned out.

I like Masai but there seems to be this weird obsession with making the guy seem infallible. He's not, and that's okay.
        He has said straight up in countless interviews now (paraphrased):

- we were working on scenarios if we were good or bad,
        - we explained our position to Lowry and his agent,
        - they knew they were going to be shopped and there'd be rumours
        - no one (Masai, Lowry, agent) were sure what they were going to do.

It is a business, no doubt. Part of me wonders if Lowry has the "business" attitude that Masai took. He very well could have said, "I hear you Masai and I'm in the same boat. I'm going to work my ass off for this team this year but this coming summer I'm looking out for me."

Shit is going to be real interesting this summer.

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

Ryan Wolstat: Chuck Hayes on James Dolan scuttling potential Lowry deal: "We’re very thankful. Twenty or thirty wins later, trust me, we’re very thankful” Twitter @WolstatSun

Nope.

No truth whatsoever to the Knicks deal.

None at all.

Zilch.

Comment

Working...
          X