Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pfffft: New York Media (Kyle Lowry trade that wasn't)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pfffft: New York Media (Kyle Lowry trade that wasn't)

Kyle Lowry-to-Knicks trade that was vetoed by James Dolan may have helped them make playoffs

The Knicks finished with 37 wins, one behind eighth-place Atlanta. Just two wins would have earned the Knicks a playoff spot. A trade with Toronto Raptors for Lowry could have made a difference.

“At the time decisions were made, choices were made,” Lowry told the Daily News. “I don’t know what happened but I think I would have helped (the Knicks). Either way, I was going to help somebody. Our organization and our GM did a great job in making a decision to keep me. And we got 48 wins.”

The Knicks finished with 37 wins, one behind eighth-place Atlanta. Just two wins would have earned the Knicks a playoff spot. A trade for Lowry, whom the Knicks tried to acquire again at the February deadline, would have made a difference.

Lowry also picked a good time to have his best season. He’ll be a free agent this summer and will be one of the more attractive players on the market. The Knicks, however, won’t have available cap space to make a run at him.

“For me personally, I think I’m going to have a great year every year,” Lowry said. “I want to keep getting better. I’m not satisfied with just one great year.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1759274

NY media is hilarious. They were panning the rumoured trade at time saying Knicks giving up too much. Now they are taking back handed shots at Dolan suggesting they should have done it. Knobs.

To be fair though, Dolan has made that team a mess and deserves to be made fun of for everything, even if he did the right thing (according to them).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I actually don't know why people think that Ujiri was ever going to make this trade.

It was just a rumour.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        I actually don't know why people think that Ujiri was ever going to make this trade.

It was just a rumour.
        I'm not sure how you can actually say that, it was clearly on the table. Every major media outlet and basketball writer was talking about it. Definitely more than a rumour and it was pretty evident they were trying to shop Kyle Lowry.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure how you can actually say that, it was clearly on the table. Every major media outlet and basketball writer was talking about it. Definitely more than a rumour and it was pretty evident they were trying to shop Kyle Lowry.
          Every major media outlet was talking about it because it's the Knicks.

Look at the Raptors trades that ACTUALLY happened (Bargnani and Gay). Those came out of nowhere.

Just because a deal is being talked about publicly doesn't mean anything is actually going to go down.

Comment

Isola is an idiot. I don't blame the Knicks organization for essentially banishing him.

Also, this is the same guy that said this a week ago:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              NY media is hilarious. They were panning the rumoured trade at time saying Knicks giving up too much. Now they are taking back handed shots at Dolan suggesting they should have done it. Knobs.
              Isn't that the beauty of being a critic, you risk nothing and you get to question everything. That's why GMs, players, coaches and even owners shouldn't give a damn about what's written about them.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Isola is an idiot. I don't blame the Knicks organization for essentially banishing him.

Wtf
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

LOOOOOOOOL is that a serious question?
                  This guy is an idiot
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Didn't they beat the Raptors twice in the last week?

Comment

I dont know who I dislike more....the Knicks or the Nets...it's probably the fanbase and their roilers (the media) who have delusions of grandeur and like shortcuts with their money because they just think they can. And this is coming from someone who lived there a few years long ago and a Knicks follower.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Didn't they beat the Raptors twice in the last week?
                        Judging a team's entire season by watching two games is apparently his thing.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Was one game :P he also based that one game to declare the raps an absolutely terrible defensive team that anyone in the playoffs would want to face. Although our defense has fallen a bit.

He seems like a douche.

Comment

To be fair do you think Loren Wolstat Dougie etc. watch other teams?

If you look at how
                            Raps played in that game, it is valid question.

Comment

By the way, he is an idiot. I'm not dismissing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X