Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So most places have the Nets beating the Raptors in 7 or 6?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So most places have the Nets beating the Raptors in 7 or 6?!?

Ive read multiple articles and browsed several web sites and TV shows (NBA.com, Bleachers, ESPN etc, the starters etc...) and it seems as most mock playoff brackets have the Nets winning in 6 or 7 games against the Raps.

Am I missing something? OK I know the Nets have really turned things around lately (not including the last 2 tank games to get the Raps in round 1), they're itching to play us and I know they have all this 'playoff experience' but really? Despite all that, I still have the Raptors winning in 6 and maybe 5.

The Nets are too old, they're only now starting to gel as a team (and even that isn't turning out as good as they expected), they are without Lopez and without any real bigs, we have home court advantage.

I may be biased towards Toronto but that doesn't mean Im oblivious to the rest of the league. Ive been watching and paying attention all year long too. Raptors in 6.

They are 33-17 since January 1st. Raps are 33-19.

Season series was 2-2 with all games tight except 96-80 Raps win.

I think it will be a toss up so 6 or 7 games seems appropriate for whoever wins.

Comment

All I know is we better not get swept.

Comment

Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams with wild card Plumlee. KG is who he is at this point. I don't think he is a factor. I have stated on this forum Raps in six, but that is as much a hope as a prediction. I really don't want to see it go to 7. If it does, I think Nets take it.

Comment

I think whoever wins will wrap up the serie at home, unless it goes all the way to Game 7 where it's just a coin toss. But I think it'll be over by then.

So I'd see either Raps in 5 or Nets in 6.

Comment

Im betting on best case scenario.... thats the raptors showing up and being who they are, a scrappy, hard working and fast team.

Because of this, I have toronto in 5

Comment

Nets will try to be physical and aggressive in the first game. They will try to push guys like Ross and Big Val and intimidate them.

This is a series that Amir Johnson needs to step up. If he is a Heart and Soul and the emotional leader and .... of this team, then it is his place to show toughness and does not let his teammates to be pushed around.

At the end, I just can not see this team, due to their lack of play off experience last more than 5 games and I think Nets will win it in 5 games.

Lets hope that I am totally wrong.

Comment

most places don't even know theres an nba team up here. just more fuel to add to the fire.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Oh you most certainly are, don't worry.

Comment

Raps are clear underdogs in the NBA universe eyes, and that's great. I'd rather they go in with a chip on their shoulder, I kind of think if we ended up against Charlotte or Washington we might have gotten a little bit too cocky. Now, we're the underdog again and that's how these Raptors need to play.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The sick part is that if they roll on Brooklyn the nba will make them their little underdog darlings.... pump um up like they Discovered them or something.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        The sick part is that if they roll on Brooklyn the nba will make them their little underdog darlings.... pump um up like they Discovered them or something.
                        Thatd be nice..
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          Nets will try to be physical and aggressive in the first game. They will try to push guys like Ross and Big Val and intimidate them.

This is a series that Amir Johnson needs to step up. If he is a Heart and Soul and the emotional leader and .... of this team, then it is his place to show toughness and does not let his teammates to be pushed around.

At the end, I just can not see this team, due to their lack of play off experience last more than 5 games and I think Nets will win it in 5 games.

You're always very pessimistic, dude. Have a little more faith and enjoy the shit, you set your self up for the I-told-you-so if they lose. Just sayin'

Comment

Raps better take game 1 and 2 to take the series in 6 or 7
                            A long grinding series will exhaust the nets and eventually fold.

If the Raps loose either game 1 or 2, momentum will shift. The nets will take it in 5 or 6.Deja vu all over again
                            I really believe experience plays a major role in the playoffs and the raps better learn fast.

Comment

Raps in 6! Fuck Brooklyn and their experience!

Comment

Working...
                              X