NBA.com & ESPN Raptors Weekly Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA.com & ESPN Raptors Weekly Power Rankings

Seeing how these two sites seem to be the ones that most fans refer too, I'll updated this threads weekly of where the Raptors lie with respect to the rankings. Over time we can critique the rankings too.

NBA.com

17 Toronto (17) 5-5 Pace: 94.6 (17), Off: 113.1 (1), Def: 112.0 (30)
    Here's a question sparked by some talk on twitter: If the Raps continue to be an awful defensive team, does that hurt Chris Bosh's value as a free agent? He's putting up great numbers this year, but shouldn't a max player be great on both ends of the floor?
    Source - Click here

Here's what Marc Stein at ESPN had to say about us this week:

ESPN.com

16 (15) Raptors 5-5
    The most galling part about Sunday's narrow loss in Phoenix -- besides wasting the latest good game in Chris Bosh's best-ever start -- is that the Raps' much-maligned D made the Suns work so hard to get to 101.
    Source - Click here

I think the defence will improve when Reggie Evans comes back. His intensity should spark Bargs to move a bit quicker and Johnson to play a bit better.

But, in all honesty, it all starts at the "point" of defence.

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Dec 1, 2009, 05:47 PM.
    RR OG

Comment

I think it's about right. Remember, these guys are 5-5. Hard to be too much higher when there are so many teams with better records.

Comment

yeah, the high teens seems about right. I'm not sure they're a better team then Detroit right now (who's ranked right below us in both polls), but's a minor nitpick.

Comment

Raps Fan wrote: View Post
          I think it's about right. Remember, these guys are 5-5. Hard to be too much higher when there are so many teams with better records.
          Not to mention look at our schedule so far too. We've have a pretty tough schedule to date, so mid to high teens isn't that bad at all.

Comment

We're down one this week to #17 with Stein's Weekly Rankings.

17 (16) Raptors 6-8 The Raps are nervous enough about a porous defense that too frequently cancels out Bosh and Bargnani's improving offense. Hearing Bosh complain publicly about media disrespect doesn't bring much comfort.
            New #1 this week with the Lakers back on top moving up 4 spots.

Source - Click here

Comment

And here are NBA.com's:

18 Toronto (17) 6-8 Pace: 95.0 (16), Off: 111.9 (2), Def: 113.5 (30)
              The Raptors' defense hasn't shown any improvement yet, but by shooting 58 percent and getting to the line 36 times on Friday, they were able to outgun the Heat. They held the Magic to 41 percent shooting Sunday, but allowed Orlando 35 trips to the line
              Source - Click here

Comment

Here are this week's. Slowly moving down the rankings too.

ESPN

21 (17) Raptors 7-11 As pointed out by Twitter follower JumpedTheWeis, Toronto's struggles have helped drag the Atlantic Division back toward Titanic status. The Raps, Sixers, Knicks and Nets have a combined (gulp) 31 losses in a row.
                Source - Click here

NBA.com

20 Toronto (18) 7-11 Pace: 96.0 (11), Off: 109.5 (3), Def: 113.7 (30)
                A strong win over Indiana was followed by the Raptors' two worst offensive games of the season, which sandwiched a loss in Boston where none of Chris Bosh's teammates had his back after Paul Pierce's ferocious dunk and stare-down.
                Source - Click here

Comment

Working...
                X