No announcement yet.

Everything Greivis Vasquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see GV coming back on his QO but there are teams that could use him and give him more minutes. TWolves, Sixer's,Bucks. DD and Ross will need to be ball handlers eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      I disagree strongly with this. PG is a very tough position to guard more so than they are 'not good' defenders.

PG's are put into a ton of screen and roll actions and need to know where all of his teammates are behind him in order to know where to force the ball into good help positions (because it is hard to stop a PG with individual D). That is extremely hard to do consistently and effectively, which may be why they are seemingly less able defenders than other wing positions where individual match ups and rotation help are the focus. Guarding the PG is the second most active defensive position behind the C position.
      About 25% of PG's and SG's were plus defensively this year. About 50 of SF's. 60% of PF's. 75% of C's.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

GV is just avg defensively because of his size masking up for footspeed. Agustin, Isiah Thomas are bigger liabilities duye to size vs speed.

Comment

Greivis is gonna get somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years 26 - 28 million. Having a 6th man that can play with your PG, behind your PG and alongside two other PGs is an invaluable plus. He is a San Antonio type...the kinda guy you want to keep around because you know the Spurs will pick him up otherwise.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

SAS avoid big ticket FA.Wizards are another landing spot depending on Miller.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              About 25% of PG's and SG's were plus defensively this year. About 50 of SF's. 60% of PF's. 75% of C's.
              By what metrics/stats are you using? Most defensive stats are rubbish anyways...

But what I am saying PGs are in bad positions defensively because of the position they play moreso than their actual defensive ability...

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                Greivis is gonna get somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years 26 - 28 million. Having a 6th man that can play with your PG, behind your PG and alongside two other PGs is an invaluable plus. He is a San Antonio type...the kinda guy you want to keep around because you know the Spurs will pick him up otherwise.
                You are nuts if you think Vasquez is getting $7M per year from anyone. Jeff Teague only got $8M per year, and he is significantly better than Vasquez. Vasquez is a backup PG in this league, who can start in a pinch (injuries). No one is giving him starters money.

Comment

Main issue with this whole situation is that Lowry hasn't decided if he's staying. If not, I'd give Vasquez that chance to be a starter here. The fact he can also play SG is a great bonus, and we could get a good PG in the draft with our pick. I'd love to see him here next year, loved him out in NOLA and he seems to be getting better. I also like the fact that he speaks his mind and is willing to talk to reporters.
                  Last edited by Cody73; Thu Apr 24, 2014, 12:53 PM.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    I misread the title as Vasquez has big greasy balls LMAO
                    is that really misreading?
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Main issue with this whole situation is that Lowry hasn't decided if he's staying. If not, I'd give Vasquez that chance to be a starter here. The fact he can also play SG is a great bonus, and we could get a good PG in the draft with our pick. I'd love to see him here next year, loved him out in NOLA and he seems to be getting better. I also like the fact that he speaks his mind and is willing to talk to reporters.
                      If Lowry leaves we take a huge mega step backwards and all plans go out the window. We can't let Lowry leave. With Vasquez as our starter we're battling to be .500 and get an 8 seed. Rather just blow it up at that point.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        If Lowry leaves we take a huge mega step backwards and all plans go out the window. We can't let Lowry leave. With Vasquez as our starter we're battling to be .500 and get an 8 seed. Rather just blow it up at that point.
                        Actually, this team would still be a good team, and we could win the Atlantic again next year without Lowry. Think about how bad the Eastern Conference was this year. Is it really going to get much better? We have one of the best benches in the league and even have two former starters in Patterson and Vasquez. We also have 2 good up and coming players in Ross and Valanciunas. Patterson has shown to be a great player, and Vasquez can take Lowry's spot easier than you think and it would also allow Fields more playing time (WHICH HE DESERVES). Yes, Lowry is great player, but we are going in a great direction thanks to Casey and Ujiri. Look at Denver right now. If Gallinari had been healthy this year, I guarantee that would've been a playoff team. I'd love to have Lowry back, but we have to think about how much money he is going to want and he may go somewhere where he can win a championship.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Actually, this team would still be a good team, and we could win the Atlantic again next year without Lowry. Think about how bad the Eastern Conference was this year. Is it really going to get much better? We have one of the best benches in the league and even have two former starters in Patterson and Vasquez. We also have 2 good up and coming players in Ross and Valanciunas. Patterson has shown to be a great player, and Vasquez can take Lowry's spot easier than you think and it would also allow Fields more playing time (WHICH HE DESERVES). Yes, Lowry is great player, but we are going in a great direction thanks to Casey and Ujiri. Look at Denver right now. If Gallinari had been healthy this year, I guarantee that would've been a playoff team. I'd love to have Lowry back, but we have to think about how much money he is going to want and he may go somewhere where he can win a championship.
                          Welcome to the forums Cody.

First off, the East was not more bad than usual this year. Look at the regular season records in the East this year compared to the last 5 years, they are about the same. One below .500 team made the playoffs, two other teams were close to the 8th seed, and everyone else was garbage. The same the East is every freaking year. I expect it to be a little tougher next year with Washington and Charlotte's development, but the East always seems to revert to the norm.

I don't see us winning the Atlantic without Lowry. You can't understate his impact on the game. He willed us into a lot of wins this year. Vasquez is a nice player but if we were counting on him like we did Lowry we would have lots of terrible shooting nights and blowout losses. Vasquez doesn't have the consistency, or talent, to be the go to guy like Lowry does.

Fields shouldn't factor into anything. If we are making plans in order to cater to Fields then we are in big trouble.

Patterson and Vasquez both have to be resigned, just like Lowry. I'd much much much much rather have Lowry than either of those guys. Ideally we keep all 3, but if it was PP and Vas or Lowry, I take Lowry 10 times out of 10.

Since you brought up Denver. Letting Lowry go would be equivalent to them letting Lawson go. Without Lawson that team is hot garbage. Lowry will be paid like Lawson and that's fair pay. No reason Lowry shouldn't be back unless he refuses to sign with us, which I'd give a 0.1% chance of happening.

If Lowry wants to win a championship, his best bet is to stay on the Raptors. No teams that are closer than us are looking for a PG and have cap space to sign him.

Comment

I believe Greasy Baskets has "Balls of Steel" aka Cojones.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Welcome to the forums Cody.

First off, the East was not more bad than usual this year. Look at the regular season records in the East this year compared to the last 5 years, they are about the same. One below .500 team made the playoffs, two other teams were close to the 8th seed, and everyone else was garbage. The same the East is every freaking year. I expect it to be a little tougher next year with Washington and Charlotte's development, but the East always seems to revert to the norm.

I don't see us winning the Atlantic without Lowry. You can't understate his impact on the game. He willed us into a lot of wins this year. Vasquez is a nice player but if we were counting on him like we did Lowry we would have lots of terrible shooting nights and blowout losses. Vasquez doesn't have the consistency, or talent, to be the go to guy like Lowry does.

Fields shouldn't factor into anything. If we are making plans in order to cater to Fields then we are in big trouble.

Patterson and Vasquez both have to be resigned, just like Lowry. I'd much much much much rather have Lowry than either of those guys. Ideally we keep all 3, but if it was PP and Vas or Lowry, I take Lowry 10 times out of 10.

Since you brought up Denver. Letting Lowry go would be equivalent to them letting Lawson go. Without Lawson that team is hot garbage. Lowry will be paid like Lawson and that's fair pay. No reason Lowry shouldn't be back unless he refuses to sign with us, which I'd give a 0.1% chance of happening.

If Lowry wants to win a championship, his best bet is to stay on the Raptors. No teams that are closer than us are looking for a PG and have cap space to sign him.
                              Truth is, I agree with you. I'm not hating on Lowry. In fact, I think he's one of the best point guards in the NBA. However, you must have not seen Vasquez play in New Orleans. The guy showed he could play and be a starter. He reminds me of Calderon in a lot of ways.

And I already knew both PP and GV had to be resigned. I think it will be easier to sign them over Lowry though, if he does choose to go. I think there is more of a 0.1% chance.............. unless MLSE decides to pull a TFC on the Raptors.

Once again, Landry doesn't get the respect he deserves. Casey doesn't give him playing time. In fact, I think giving him a chance to play will improve him and he may show up on the score sheet more often. Also, he happens to be a good defender. If Lowry goes, he will have to step up.

Ty Lawson (My favourite Nugget!) is making $11,595,506 dollars next season (According to Basketball Refrence) and has two years left on that deal. I think Lowry may want around that amount too, but you never know if this team is going to shell it out, and when they do, it seems to hurt us.

Do I think we are getting Lowry back? I hope so. Can we? It all depends on MLSE willing to stretch that pocketbook......

That being said, Vasquez could take over if Lowry goes, and will do a better job than people think.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Truth is, I agree with you. I'm not hating on Lowry. In fact, I think he's one of the best point guards in the NBA. However, you must have not seen Vasquez play in New Orleans. The guy showed he could play and be a starter. He reminds me of Calderon in a lot of ways.

And I already knew both PP and GV had to be resigned. I think it will be easier to sign them over Lowry though, if he does choose to go. I think there is more of a 0.1% chance.............. unless MLSE decides to pull a TFC on the Raptors.

Once again, Landry doesn't get the respect he deserves. Casey doesn't give him playing time. In fact, I think giving him a chance to play will improve him and he may show up on the score sheet more often. Also, he happens to be a good defender. If Lowry goes, he will have to step up.

Ty Lawson (My favourite Nugget!) is making $11,595,506 dollars next season (According to Basketball Refrence) and has two years left on that deal. I think Lowry may want around that amount too, but you never know if this team is going to shell it out, and when they do, it seems to hurt us.

Do I think we are getting Lowry back? I hope so. Can we? It all depends on MLSE willing to stretch that pocketbook......

That being said, Vasquez could take over if Lowry goes, and will do a better job than people think.
                                Totally agree on that last point. I think Vasquez would have us firmly competing for 7/8 seed in the East, exactly where we don't want to be stuck. That's why I'd rather just blow things up if Lowry leaves.

Leiweke said we're bringing Lowry back during his interview with strombopolous or whatever. That is all I need to hear to know MLSE will spend the money to bring him back.

Comment

Working...
                                X