Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I saw after GAME 1. Altercation between fans and Nets players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSchool wrote: View Post
    lol so I have an inferiority complex against those big bad Americans? wait, Im from Canada, doesn't that make me an American too?
    Seriously though, PP just torched the Raps, we lose our first playoff game since 'x-amount of years', we lose at the ACC and lose homecourt advantage...and then the very guy who beat our team gets his headband thrown back and you say "hmmmm that's odd" or "typical inferiority complex those damn Canadians"

When it comes to sports and losing any game in the playoffs - yes, I, and any true sports fan are somewhat sensitive. But you, well you bring a whole new different kind of sensitivity to the table - that, uber-sensitive, Mr.Political Correct kind of sensitive. Listen, there will always be a mob mentality with fans watching pro sports, in the ACC, at MSG, at Barclay Center ...anywhere, any city, any team PERIOD. That intensity you see on the court ALWAYS makes its way to the stands and as I said earlier, those fans are going to show support 100% and it has nothing to do with an inferiority complex (well not with me at least). Chest bumping, as you call it, is a part of pro sports. Always has been, always will be.

The fan could have done it your way and hugged PP while whispering "you played swell" in his ear but to me there's something wrong with that picture.
    I'm not talking about pumping PP's tire. I'm talking about the fans that wanted the headband and the douche that intercepted it and threw it back. I'm allowed to call douchness when I see it. You still can't address my point where if YOU wanted the headband/wristband at Barclay's Centre and a Brooklynite throws it back. You diss the opposing players but hug the Brooklynite for being a true fan??? I'm separating fandom to doucheness. If you can't see the difference, then that's your problem. Fans can express what they want during a game. Afterwards, it ain't gonna matter.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Yeah throwing the headband back is like the Wrigley field tradition of throwing opponent's home run balls back. That's why opponents fear playing there and the Cubs win the World Series so often.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        I'm not talking about pumping PP's tire. I'm talking about the fans that wanted the headband and the douche that intercepted it and threw it back. I'm allowed to call douchness when I see it. You still can't address my point where if YOU wanted the headband/wristband at Barclay's Centre and a Brooklynite throws it back. You diss the opposing players but hug the Brooklynite for being a true fan??? I'm separating fandom to doucheness. If you can't see the difference, then that's your problem. Fans can express what they want during a game. Afterwards, it ain't gonna matter.
        To address your point: YES i would hug the Brooklynite who throws the headband back for being a true fan - if I was a Nets fan. Even better, If I was a Nets fan at Barclays and Derozen just crushed my Nets why the hell would I want his headband? In any other situation it's a douche move but not at that time, not at that moment. see this is what I mean. You get it or you don't.

And you can say "Fans can express what they want during a game. Afterwards, it ain't gonna matter" ...try telling that to all the teams that lost to the Cubs after playing infront of the crazy fans at Wrigleys like 3inthekeon says....do you think it mattered to them?

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
          To address your point: YES i would hug the Brooklynite who throws the headband back for being a true fan - if I was a Nets fan. Even better, If I was a Nets fan at Barclays and Derozen just crushed my Nets why the hell would I want his headband? In any other situation it's a douche move but not at that time, not at that moment. see this is what I mean. You get it or you don't.

And you can say "Fans can express what they want during a game. Afterwards, it ain't gonna matter" ...try telling that to all the teams that lost to the Cubs after playing infront of the crazy fans at Wrigleys like 3inthekeon says....do you think it mattered to them?
          So if fan actions don't matter during or after, why do it at all? Why be a chest thumping, insecure douche?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

So if fan actions don't matter during or after, why do it at all? Why be a chest thumping, insecure douche?
            lol SMH
            This whole time Ive been trying to tell you that fan actions DO MATTER. Crowd hostility, home court advantage does affect the visiting team and it's because....ya know what, never mind - im laughing too much from your response wow

Comment

If a TO fan wanted that punk ass bitches head band he shouldn't even be there. He just smashed our fucking team in the playoffs and you want his headband? what the fuck is wrong with you?
              Cry me a river. Whoever threw that back did the right thing and i know a lot of people will agree with me cause they would have done the same.
              #FuckBrooklyn

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                If a TO fan wanted that punk ass bitches head band he shouldn't even be there. He just smashed our fucking team in the playoffs and you want his headband? what the fuck is wrong with you?
                Cry me a river. Whoever threw that back did the right thing and i know a lot of people will agree with me cause they would have done the same.
                #FuckBrooklyn
                At what point in my argument did I say I wanted the headband for myself? And no, I don't agree with you. If someone behind me wanted the headband and somehow it got to me, I wouldn't throw it back. I'd give it to the person who wanted it in the first place. Too bad that in this forum, groupthink seems celebrated. Whatever happened to just being decent? Or can that be excused within the context of fandom?

Comment

Working...
                X