Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I saw after GAME 1. Altercation between fans and Nets players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I saw after GAME 1. Altercation between fans and Nets players.

Here are my notes after Game 1.

1) after the game was done, most of the fans had piled out, Pierce and a couple other Nets players finished up there interviews with ESPN, YES (Newyork network). While Pierce walked to the tunnel, he took his head band off and threw it at some fans, as a souvenir (kinda cool). However! THE FANS cursed back and threw it right back at him lol

Pierce then took off his elbow pad and threw that at the same fans.... And again the fans threw it right back lol then the team security took Pierce and others into the locker room.

For a second me and my fiancé looked at each other and said "mallace at the palace"?

It was pretty cool, and heated.

Where any RR members there to witness this aswell? Maybe a bit closer that side?

Apologies on typos, ain't nobody got time to proof read or edit lol

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Ya they have a clip of it, I saw it on one of the sports shows last night (connected, sportscentre, one of them). I think it's a badass move by that fan, it's like when they throw opponents homeruns back at Wrigley.

We don't like you and we don't want your dirty ass headband.

But no, there was not even the slimmest chance of a malice at the palace situation.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. Pierce is gracious enough as a professional athlete to toss a souvenir to fans and they threw it back at him? Here's my observation - some fans are reserved for the most part but when the mob mentality kicks in here at (#WeTheNorth), things get out of hand (see Vancouver Stanley Cup finals riot). SMH.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

it didn't look that bad to me.

Comment

OMFG

What is wrong with people.

so lemme get this straight... fans and Pierce have awesome moment...... some good ole fashioned rivalry stuff, and we got stick in the ass guys online talking about Malice in the palace, Vancouver riots etc?

Come off it man..... everyone involved was smiling for fuck sakes.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              OMFG
              Relax, why is this a surprise to you. In this day and age little things get blown out of proportion all the time.

Comment

dude, this is a message board..... im not angry or surprised.... im simply saying..... oh

my

fucking

gad.

Comment

Malice at the Palace? Haha oh my...
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think that the "fan" that threw it back needed to "get off it". As for the riot stuff, that happens afterwards when the Raps bow out in the 1st round. Too bad, the fan behind him was the one asking for the headband when the fool intercepted it and threw it back. Yea, #WeTheNorth. Even the promo I think is "blown out of proportion".
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This is how fans should be. Pierce just killed our team, nailing tough shot after tough shot.

It's cool that the fans can be a good mix of playful and angry like this, it's a good atmosphere for the ACC.
                      Last edited by Red and White; Sun Apr 20, 2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        I think that the "fan" that threw it back needed to "get off it". As for the riot stuff, that happens afterwards when the Raps bow out in the 1st round. Too bad, the fan behind him was the one asking for the headband when the fool intercepted it and threw it back. Yea, #WeTheNorth. Even the promo I think is "blown out of proportion".
                        Are you serious? All fans do this. Its the same thing as a fan throwing back a baseball when the away team hits a home run . Nobody has to get off anything, I would of done the same thing.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                          This is how fans should be. Pierce just killed our team, nailing tough shot after tough shot.

It's cool that the fans can be a good mix of playful and angry like this, it's a good atmosphere for the ACC.
                          Yea make the opposition fear coming to the acc, this is exactly what we want #wethenorth

Shit like this makes Toronto dangerous to play against
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Fuck Paul Pierce and his stank ass head bands.

Comment

I was just right there when it happened. Pierce is a punk, hated him so much more after that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X