Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Since the Raptors are undefeated whenever i create a game thread. Figure why not make this one

KEYS TO THE GAME:

1. DeRozan needs to step up offensively.
    2. Keep pounding the ball inside to JV and Amir.
    3. Stay out of foul trouble.
    4. Contain the Nets big guns, Williams and Johnson specially. Those two could easily do whatever they want to do offensively today.
    5. 3pt Defense. Raptors got lucky today. Nets missed a TON of wide open 3's. Teletovic specially, who usually is money from 3.

Last edited by TRex; Mon Apr 21st, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we're gonna play a lot better in game 2

Let's hope Casey figures out a scheme to stop Joe Johnson from constantly backing down his man and shooting 3 footers over the smaller defender
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to opening up this on Tuesday

Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

4. Like Keeping it Real liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors are going to have to play waaay better. It's not like the nets played at peak in this game. As OP stated they missed a crapload of threes and their bench was abolutely AWFUL. Like it literally couldn't have been worse. Thornton and Teletovic were out there building a house of brick, Blatche was missing open layups (as he can do), Plumlee was influential but he was hardly out there due to picking up 5 fouls in 10 mins. Anderson was okayish i guess.. Joe Johnson scored a really easy 24 points, felt like he was hardly involved but when occasionally called on he scored effortlessly.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Apr 20th, 2014 at 02:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

A big key to the game is on defence; STAY ON YOUR FEET! Raps bit on every single pump fake which lead to so many open shots
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Also, stick to the game plan, go into the paint. JV was murdering people in the first quarter but barely got any touches (as usual) after that, KEEP FEEDING HIM THE BALL! Establish a presence inside the paint and the outside will open up
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Also, stick to the game plan, go into the paint. JV was murdering people in the first quarter but barely got any touches (as usual) after that, KEEP FEEDING HIM THE BALL! Establish a presence inside the paint and the outside will open up
    Disagree. Someone made a good point in the first game thread:

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    But that's the thing. JV wasn't dominating as a scorer or anything. In fact he missed a couple of gimmes. He was playing very well, but he's just not capable of being a guy you can go to 20-25 times in a game yet (maybe not ever in terms of with regularity). It wasn't "working" in a way where he could've carried us to a win to offset the shit wing play. The wing play was totally epically horrible. You're not going to win with that.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm worried that were going to see more Chuck Hayes next game.

If we're playing Chuck, for chrissske just play Landry. Neither of them can shoot, but Landry can at least make a cut to the basket.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I'm worried that were going to see more Chuck Hayes next game.

If we're playing Chuck, for chrissske just play Landry. Neither of them can shoot, but Landry can at least make a cut to the basket.
    More Hansbrough. Energy guy who draws fouls and mixes it up vs the old cranky KG is basically a guaranteed Tech on KG.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    More Hansbrough. Energy guy who draws fouls and mixes it up vs the old cranky KG is basically a guaranteed Tech on KG.
    I feel the same way about handsbro though: he cant shoot, so may as well be playing Landry.

That said, I'd rather handsbro over Hayes.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

KG is so fucking old, get JV in instantly when he comes back into the game

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto won't win.

Players are too soft. No guts from what I can see.

Shoulda tanked properly.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason to play Hayes, is if Blatche goes into Raptors killing mode. Chucks strength could limit Blatche's effect, but that's it. Fields should definitely play over Salmons, but won't I think we should throw in the towel on this matter.

17. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the brooms out.

20. Like chch166, lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People are so over reactionary. Were not going to get swept, everyone is predicting this series to go 6 or 7 games because these teams are so evenly matched. Someone had to lose game one and we ended up losing. Time to go out and take game two.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Game 1 was lost due to jitters and not because Brooklyn was the better team. Brooklyn basically used the same game plan they used in the regular season. They hit some tough shots but the Raptors are a resilient bunch. I will be surprised if the Raptors lose in 4. I can see them turn things around.

Ross needs to stop with the stupid fouls. DD needs to pretend its a regular season game. JV needs to hold on to the ball and Amir needs to bring it. 3 key guys did absolutely nothing. 1 gave the ball away too many times.

If they relax a bit and play like they know how to play they win.

There is pressure now to win but that pressure is different than playing in your first playoff game ever. The Raptors have this one - book it!

23. Like lilmamba_, jacobdr4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Game 1 was lost due to jitters and not because Brooklyn was the better team. Brooklyn basically used the same game plan they used in the regular season. They hit some tough shots but the Raptors are a resilient bunch. I will be surprised if the Raptors lose in 4. I can see them turn things around.

Ross needs to stop with the stupid fouls. DD needs to pretend its a regular season game. JV needs to hold on to the ball and Amir needs to bring it. 3 key guys did absolutely nothing. 1 gave the ball away too many times.

If they relax a bit and play like they know how to play they win.

There is pressure now to win but that pressure is different than playing in your first playoff game ever. The Raptors have this one - book it!
    Soooo the only reason toronto lost, was that they are jittery, and Brooklyn is better.

sooooo nothing to worry about here.

At least youre staying positive. i'm not, I'm have already moved on in some ways. This one is over. and "Fuck Brooklyn", yeah, that helped...... lots right? only got FULL PAGE front page attenion in a massive backfire in a paper 200 million people read every day. Woooooooohooooooo.

Toronto is facing the biggest uphill battle I have seen in sports now.

They are young - this is natural and acceptable
    a jump shooting team in the playoffs - this was always going to be the achilles heel, and if you werent worried, you should have been
    un-desireable to the NBA or media - kiss of death
    playing a team from the most important media market to advertisers - NBA and officials already have um on the endangered list. Watch how officials take wind out of raps sail at the start of every game, just like last time Brooklyn and Toronto played. Hit um hard in the first 5 mins, take rhythm away, then of course fuck um down the stretch in a game where every possession counts.

I'm still cheering for the home team. Obviously.

But I'm not liking the chances here. Nobody wants toronto to win. and trust me, it makes a huge difference.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to run the fucking break!!! Everytime we pushed we got good looks, take advantage of those old guys and run it down their throat.

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information