Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1056

Thread: Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

  1. #981
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jason Kidd's sweat tastes like Jack Daniels and cigars

  2. #982
    Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Jason Kidd's sweat tastes like Jack Daniels and cigars
    I wonder how figured that one out ...

  3. #983
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I really like the future of the beal/wall backcourt.
    That's what I've been saying. Best backcourt in the east, easily.

  4. #984
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone see this? Drake using a lint roller hahahah


  5. Like Nilanka liked this post
  6. #985
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm very concerned with the turnovers. 2 games and the Raps have their 3rd and 8th highest turnover-games of the season.

    Going into Brooklyn, the Raps need to take better care of the ball. We can't give away so many freebies.

    I also don't like the idea of becoming an iso-Demar offence down the stretch. He hit his shots last night, but that is a dangerous way to play.

  7. Like ceez, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  8. #986
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm very concerned with the turnovers. 2 games and the Raps have their 3rd and 8th highest turnover-games of the season.

    Going into Brooklyn, the Raps need to take better care of the ball. We can't give away so many freebies.

    I also don't like the idea of becoming an iso-Demar offence down the stretch. He hit his shots last night, but that is a dangerous way to play.
    we'll see how they do in brooklyn. the team/coach knows the turnovers are an issue and we know brooklyn are one of the best in making the other team commit them. fortunately, a LOT of the turnovers in this game were just sloppy mistakes on our part (ball being slapped out of idiot t ross just standing there was probably the worst one of the game, along with derozans dribbling/handling amongst many others including lowry not being on point tonight)

  9. #987
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raptors looked committed to playing defense yesterday. Good adjustment of putting the bigger Fields on JJ. Still they need to be more consistent defensively and play for all four quarters.

    My main concerns are:
    Getting Lowry and DD a bit of rest. Don't know what shape they will be in going at this pace if it gets to 7 games.
    Getting Ross going. We need his D on the floor against JJ and Pierce. He's gotta get his confidence back
    Cutting down on all the turn overs. Even reduce them by 25% and we're laughing.

  10. #988
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    By far the worst Pun ever used.
    In Masai we Trust.

  11. Like Nilanka liked this post
  12. #989
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahaha...... yep, pretty bad.

  13. #990
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    By far the worst Pun ever used.
    And therefore the best pun ever used.

  14. Like Joey liked this post
  15. #991
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    By far the worst Pun ever used.
    Might've been salvageable if they modified it to "Jurasskicked - Next stop Brooklyn"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. #992
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys are nuts! That's an awesome pun.

    I hate the Sun but their trash talk game has been on point.

  17. #993
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Thanks for helping us with wictories JV.

  18. Like Joey liked this post
  19. #994
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm very concerned with the turnovers. 2 games and the Raps have their 3rd and 8th highest turnover-games of the season.

    Going into Brooklyn, the Raps need to take better care of the ball. We can't give away so many freebies.

    I also don't like the idea of becoming an iso-Demar offence down the stretch. He hit his shots last night, but that is a dangerous way to play.
    Bang on. Hope they move the ball more and have KL drive and dish.

  20. #995
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Raptors looked committed to playing defense yesterday. Good adjustment of putting the bigger Fields on JJ. Still they need to be more consistent defensively and play for all four quarters.

    My main concerns are:
    Getting Lowry and DD a bit of rest. Don't know what shape they will be in going at this pace if it gets to 7 games.
    Getting Ross going. We need his D on the floor against JJ and Pierce. He's gotta get his confidence back
    Cutting down on all the turn overs. Even reduce them by 25% and we're laughing.
    If we get to 7 games we will win the series. Turnovers are a huge issue.

  21. #996
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Bang on. Hope they move the ball more and have KL drive and dish.
    The Nets have done a really good job of clogging the lane on the initial drive which has led to some ugly turnovers. Hopefully with better ball movement we can get them rotating and open up some lanes for the drive. Other than Vasquez, we haven't really done well at getting to the hoop.

  22. Like Joey liked this post
  23. #997
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If we get to 7 games we will win the series. Turnovers are a huge issue.
    I'm not as confident of a game 7 win. They are more experienced and their minutes are being paced out much better than Lowry and DD's are. I'm just afraid out guys will be spent by that time especally considering how much DD relies on his jump shot. No legs, no shot.

  24. Like Axel liked this post
  25. #998
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm not as confident of a game 7 win. They are more experienced and their minutes are being paced out much better than Lowry and DD's are. I'm just afraid out guys will be spent by that time especally considering how much DD relies on his jump shot. No legs, no shot.
    Time will tell. I think we have the advantage if it goes 7. Game 6 will be Friday and game 7 Sunday. Our younger guys should be able to recover quicker than Brooklyn's geriatric crew even with minute restrictions. I suspect game 5-6 this restrictions will fade as they try to close us out and that could provide us a huge advantage if we push it to 7 games.

  26. #999
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone else wonder why Hands Bro isn't getting any PT?
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  27. Like Axel liked this post
  28. #1000
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm not as confident of a game 7 win. They are more experienced and their minutes are being paced out much better than Lowry and DD's are. I'm just afraid out guys will be spent by that time especally considering how much DD relies on his jump shot. No legs, no shot.
    I'm not too worried about his legs considering we're going like 3 days in between games
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •