Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1056

Thread: Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

  1. #1001
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All of the youngs Raptors are jumping through the roof. Its one of the problems, too much energy. BKN looks like they need a nap after 3 days.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  2. #1002
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Anyone else wonder why Hands Bro isn't getting any PT?
    Nope. Not a good player, so he doesn't play. The 3 big rotation is perfect.

  3. #1003
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Nope. Not a good player, so he doesn't play. The 3 big rotation is perfect.
    Disagree.

    Hansbrough not a good player? What's not good about a high motor big who gets offensive rebounds and free throws at a high rate, while being a physical player? He also has the most playoff experience of anyone on the roster.

  4. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
  5. #1004
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone know, is a Nets steal considered a Raps turnover?

    I have much more confidence in this team after game 2. The feel was much different and the team seemed much more comfortable on the floor. The raps were more able to play "their" game last night than in game one. But like others, I am also concerned about TO's. I think if the Raps settle in and start taking care of the ball like they did in the regular season, we should be able to handle the Nets in the rest of the series. And taking care of the ball better will be necessary as it's very likely the Nets start shooting better. Keep getting into the paint, stay physical, tough D, take care of the ball and keep crashing the glass! Go Raps!!

  6. #1005
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When it comes to players like Psycho Double-T I don't think it matters how much experience they have. He does his (limited) thing no matter what. It's just not as effective as the things Amir, PP and JV do.

  7. #1006
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Anyone know, is a Nets steal considered a Raps turnover?

    I have much more confidence in this team after game 2. The feel was much different and the team seemed much more comfortable on the floor. The raps were more able to play "their" game last night than in game one. But like others, I am also concerned about TO's. I think if the Raps settle in and start taking care of the ball like they did in the regular season, we should be able to handle the Nets in the rest of the series. And taking care of the ball better will be necessary as it's very likely the Nets start shooting better. Keep getting into the paint, stay physical, tough D, take care of the ball and keep crashing the glass! Go Raps!!
    Yes a Net's steal is considered a turnover. There was more stripping in the ACC last night then at Zanzibar. No wonder Rob Ford was in the crowd. (zing!)

  8. Like stooley, JawsGT liked this post
  9. #1007
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Disagree.

    Hansbrough not a good player? What's not good about a high motor big who gets offensive rebounds and free throws at a high rate, while being a physical player? He also has the most playoff experience of anyone on the roster.
    Hansbrough has good qualities, but with a tight playoff rotation, I'd rather give those minutes to any of Amir, Jonas or Patterson.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #1008
    Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Disagree.

    Hansbrough not a good player? What's not good about a high motor big who gets offensive rebounds and free throws at a high rate, while being a physical player? He also has the most playoff experience of anyone on the roster.
    I do love watching Hansbrough, but he looks better than he is. He can't avoid contact (ends up shooting FT's where others would have made the basket or would be shooting an and1), and is often a black hole (went almost 4 months without a multiple assist game).

  11. #1009
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Underrated stat of the night: KG played 19 minutes

    It's like watching a National Geographic where an old lion king is slowly dying
    Next two games in Brooklyn, KG and Pierce only get one day off between games. Might have an impact.

  12. Like Nilanka liked this post
  13. #1010
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hansbrough has good qualities, but with a tight playoff rotation, I'd rather give those minutes to any of Amir, Jonas or Patterson.
    I'm not advocating that Hansbrough start or take significant minutes, but there were times in Game 2 that JV and/or Amir looked tired. 2 minutes of Hansbrough in that situation = 2 minutes of rest for JV/Amir and 2 minutes of hell for the Nets front-court. JV played 35 mins in game 2, a feat he only did 10 times all season long. It's hard for a big guy to go from 28 per game (both JV and Amir's season avg) to 35 per game and still be as affective, especially in a physical playoff series. A few minutes here or there to spell each of our 3 main bigs makes sense.

    Game 1 saw 6 minutes for Chuck Hayes.

  14. Like Puffer liked this post
  15. #1011
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I do love watching Hansbrough, but he looks better than he is. He can't avoid contact (ends up shooting FT's where others would have made the basket or would be shooting an and1), and is often a black hole (went almost 4 months without a multiple assist game).
    Not sure if there is any truth to the and-1 vs 2 FTA theory, but fairly confident that you don't either, so that's irrelevant. Hansbrough draws fouls at an elite rate, in tight playoff games, getting the other team into penalty or their players into foul trouble is a huge plus. Tyler is the best of our bigs at doing that. That's on top of everything else he brings to the table. He should be getting about 8-9 minutes a night.

    Hansbrough has a Free Throw Rate of .944 (that's the # of FTA per FGA). Next highest on the Raps, Demar at .448. JV is the next big at .385. The next highest NBA player, with more than 900 MP this season, is Dwight Howard at .798. In an every possession counts series, Hansbrough is a great player to have.

  16. Like OldSkoolCool, Puffer liked this post
  17. #1012
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While I really enjoyed being there last night and the Raps effort what bothered me was the 2 open looks that Pierce got from 3 point range. How can that happen? Feels like we got a little lucky.

  18. Like Bendit liked this post
  19. #1013
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm not advocating that Hansbrough start or take significant minutes, but there were times in Game 2 that JV and/or Amir looked tired. 2 minutes of Hansbrough in that situation = 2 minutes of rest for JV/Amir and 2 minutes of hell for the Nets front-court. JV played 35 mins in game 2, a feat he only did 10 times all season long. It's hard for a big guy to go from 28 per game (both JV and Amir's season avg) to 35 per game and still be as affective, especially in a physical playoff series. A few minutes here or there to spell each of our 3 main bigs makes sense.

    Game 1 saw 6 minutes for Chuck Hayes.
    While I'm happy that Hayes & Hansbrough aren't getting significant minutes, I agree that there are times when fresh legs would be better than dead legs. One example was Valanciunas playing the entire 1st quarter, where he was clearly tired and it cost the team a few rebounds/points. I don't want players beyond the core-8 (including Fields over Salmons) getting much playing time, but the odd minute for Hayes, Hansbrough or Salmons could be beneficial.

  20. #1014
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    While I'm happy that Hayes & Hansbrough aren't getting significant minutes, I agree that there are times when fresh legs would be better than dead legs. One example was Valanciunas playing the entire 1st quarter, where he was clearly tired and it cost the team a few rebounds/points. I don't want players beyond the core-8 (including Fields over Salmons) getting much playing time, but the odd minute for Hayes, Hansbrough or Salmons could be beneficial.
    Disagree on Hayes (don't see what he really brings to the table at this point). Salmons would only be worth it if Fields isn't getting any burn for some reason.

    I can't remember which quarter it was, but there was the time that Plumlee grabbed the offensive board with about 2:33 left to play. Plumlee only got there because JV was gassed and couldn't. That there is the perfect time for 2+ mins of Hansbrough. Do that for 3 of the 4 quarters, and there is about 6 minutes right there that could allow more rest for our starters (doubled up with the quarter break)

  21. #1015
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Not sure if there is any truth to the and-1 vs 2 FTA theory, but fairly confident that you don't either, so that's irrelevant. Hansbrough draws fouls at an elite rate, in tight playoff games, getting the other team into penalty or their players into foul trouble is a huge plus. Tyler is the best of our bigs at doing that. That's on top of everything else he brings to the table. He should be getting about 8-9 minutes a night.

    Hansbrough has a Free Throw Rate of .944 (that's the # of FTA per FGA). Next highest on the Raps, Demar at .448. JV is the next big at .385. The next highest NBA player, with more than 900 MP this season, is Dwight Howard at .798. In an every possession counts series, Hansbrough is a great player to have.
    FTA/FGA can be skewed. Hansbrough gets fouled a lot, as you say, but he never converts those FGA's - so they don't count as FGA's. As such, his FTA/FGA skyrockets.

    My problem isn't with his offense, though it is ugly and only somewhat effective. He's just entirely terrible defensively. I can live with him providing a few minutes if all the bigs are exhausted, but I'd much rather up Patterson's 24 minutes to take some of the load off Amir and JV than introduce the lesser Hansbrough.

  22. #1016
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm very concerned with the turnovers. 2 games and the Raps have their 3rd and 8th highest turnover-games of the season.

    Going into Brooklyn, the Raps need to take better care of the ball. We can't give away so many freebies.

    I also don't like the idea of becoming an iso-Demar offence down the stretch. He hit his shots last night, but that is a dangerous way to play.
    They played too fast. They need to relax. Kyle Lowry needs to do a better job of controlling the tempo of the game. He was very erratic last night. Reminds me of the last time they played the Pistons. That was the game where Lowry fouled out late in the 4th.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  23. #1017
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Disagree on Hayes (don't see what he really brings to the table at this point). Salmons would only be worth it if Fields isn't getting any burn for some reason.

    I can't remember which quarter it was, but there was the time that Plumlee grabbed the offensive board with about 2:33 left to play. Plumlee only got there because JV was gassed and couldn't. That there is the perfect time for 2+ mins of Hansbrough. Do that for 3 of the 4 quarters, and there is about 6 minutes right there that could allow more rest for our starters (doubled up with the quarter break)
    I only included Hayes because he's a capable player, but it obviously all comes down to matchups. Against Brooklyn specifically, I don't know why Hayes is even dressed, frankly.

    That play you mentioned was exactly the one I had in mind, but there were a few other missed rebounds and fumbled rebounds/passes around that same time. Not only does it give the key player a bit more rest, but it improves the on-court performance of the team and avoids ticky-tack fouls that tired players often get called for. Again, it's maybe 2-5 minutes throughout the game, against backup players, in non-critical moments.

  24. Like Axel liked this post
  25. #1018
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I can't remember which quarter it was, but there was the time that Plumlee grabbed the offensive board with about 2:33 left to play. Plumlee only got there because JV was gassed and couldn't. That there is the perfect time for 2+ mins of Hansbrough. Do that for 3 of the 4 quarters, and there is about 6 minutes right there that could allow more rest for our starters (doubled up with the quarter break)
    I think the Nets are better when Plumlee is on the floor than KG but he has been in foul trouble. Hansborough at the end of the first quarter to get Plumlee into even quicker foul trouble could be an added benefit.

    JV getting gassed (or in foul trouble) too early could hurt us down the stretch too. We really need him in the second half of games

  26. Like Axel liked this post
  27. #1019
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need to give Patterson more minutes. Not this Hansbrough/Hayes garbage. Patterson can handle 30 minutes. There's your 6 minutes of rest for Amir/Jonas right there.

  28. #1020
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    FTA/FGA can be skewed. Hansbrough gets fouled a lot, as you say, but he never converts those FGA's - so they don't count as FGA's. As such, his FTA/FGA skyrockets.

    My problem isn't with his offense, though it is ugly and only somewhat effective. He's just entirely terrible defensively. I can live with him providing a few minutes if all the bigs are exhausted, but I'd much rather up Patterson's 24 minutes to take some of the load off Amir and JV than introduce the lesser Hansbrough.
    Everyone's stats are skewed the same way though, so his ratio is still utterly ridiculous when compared to every other NBA player.

    I have no problem giving Patterson a few more minutes, say closer to 30, in fact, I've already said that I think he should start over Amir at this point. But JV is averaging 7 more minutes per game in the playoffs, and people thought he looked gassed in the regular season. Too much of a drastic change for a young big experiencing the playoffs for the first time.

  29. Like OldSkoolCool, Puffer liked this post
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •