Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53
Results 1,041 to 1,056 of 1056

Thread: Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Post Thanks / Like

We need to go to Brooklyn, fuck them up, and come back to Canada and win in five.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    We need to go to Brooklyn, fuck them up, and come back to Canada and win in five.
    your american tho
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    your american tho
    Dual citizen bro, Canadian and American passports.

I live here and cheer for Canada in all events over the U.S.

I still visit family there tho.

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.

Are we gonna make a game 3 thread?

The game 2 one popped up quickly after game 1.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

P.S.

Are we gonna make a game 3 thread?

The game 2 one popped up quickly after game 1.
    Whoever made the Game 2 thread should make the game 3 thread because we won
    Gotta keep the tradition
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

OK then,

TRex, you're up!

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I agree Casey needs some serious tweaks to his rotations, but no way I would take Demar out after only 4 minutes.
    He did that with Ross...who started ok

Then had no legs and went cold. Need to let players get into a rythm before giving them a breather

8. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap, Jamaal Magloire:

No, the most mercurial presence on the team is Toronto-born team consultant and aide-du-camp Jamaal Magloire. The former All-Star sits behind the bench during games. Based on observation, his primary job is berating the opposition.

Do Garnettís comments bother you?

"Hell, nah," Magloire drawled. "Heís a talker who canít back it up."

After dropping the mic, he swiveled away. Then he turned back and waved a finger the size of a jumbo hot dog.

"And you can print that."

Jamaal Magloire. Canadaís hype man.

Found it on SB Nation

10. Like Nilanka, Joey, FoxMachine, NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I don't like seeing JV play 12 straight minutes in the first, I guess this would open up a few minutes for hansbrough. Aside from this I love the Patman/Amir combo and they did great last game when in together. So as long as Amir can move, I don't wanna see hansbrough out there too much.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross needs to step up HUGE. a total non factor in both games so far, without his spacing and the inability of most of our starters to hit 3s (derozan being the most glaringly obvious) we only have lowry to help spread their D while they can just clog the paint. Problematic since offensively that's where DD, JV and Amir's effectiveness is.

meanwhile Brooklyns starters are so dangerous with their 3 from pierce, d will, and JJ that more often than not we're caught scrambling as they swing that ball around its scary. I think we've been really lucky it hasn't hurt us that bad so far.

13. Like BigCamB, FoxMachine liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Really? Praise an NBA coach for doing what so many lowly fans have been suggesting for much of the season (at the very least since the new team luster wore off Salmons)?

Many of his supporters have trashed fans/posters for claiming to know better than an NBA coach, throughout the season. Yet when he finally does something that was painfully obvious, he should get praised? Granted it might have saved his job, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation of his coaching abilities long-term.

Plus, the fact that he burned out JV in the 1st quarter and let Fields rot on the bench in the 3rd quarter, while DeRozan was doing his best impression of a turnstile, far outweigh any good decisions he made. His bad decisions nearly cost the Raptors the game, while his good decision was called for by most fans, reporters, etc...
    Same could be said the other way around.. "His good decisions kept them in the game and his bad decisions are extracted and focused on by some people". Depends on the perspective. Every coach has positives and negatives with their coaching styles, the end results are what matter. The raptors would get swept if they were a poorly coached team.

And BTW, I'm by no means a 'Casey supporter'. I just don't get all the hate towards him when he's done his job reasonably well. There aren't many Popovich's out there, so sometimes we need to settle for just an 'OK' head coach.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I do love watching Hansbrough, but he looks better than he is. He can't avoid contact (ends up shooting FT's where others would have made the basket or would be shooting an and1), and is often a black hole (went almost 4 months without a multiple assist game).
    He went 4 months without a multiple assist game? Trade him! Trade him now, for 2nd round picks! :P

I think that might be because he just doesn't get the ball dude. He's a scrapper. And he gets fouled. Even if he only makes one of his FT, it's a better than average possession because not only do you get a point (which is about average when looking at possessions in the grand scheme of things), you put the other team closer to the bonus and put their players closer to foul trouble. In that sense he's our MVP
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

16. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For fun, I just visited Brooklyn's TruHoop site. They haven't had a new post in 8 weeks!

I suddenly have a new found appreciation for Raptors Republic.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

18. Like Jclaw, Axel, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    For fun, I just visited Brooklyn's TruHoop site. They haven't had a new post in 8 weeks!

I suddenly have a new found appreciation for Raptors Republic.
    It's because we're the best, around! Nothing's gonna ever keep us down!

Sing with me!

20. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OK then,

TRex, you're up!
    well, that failed already

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Really? Praise an NBA coach for doing what so many lowly fans have been suggesting for much of the season (at the very least since the new team luster wore off Salmons)?

Many of his supporters have trashed fans/posters for claiming to know better than an NBA coach, throughout the season. Yet when he finally does something that was painfully obvious, he should get praised? Granted it might have saved his job, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation of his coaching abilities long-term.

Plus, the fact that he burned out JV in the 1st quarter and let Fields rot on the bench in the 3rd quarter, while DeRozan was doing his best impression of a turnstile, far outweigh any good decisions he made. His bad decisions nearly cost the Raptors the game, while his good decision was called for by most fans, reporters, etc...
    He did make the adjustment and it was appropriate. I am not his biggest fan. Part of being a good coach is learning from your mistakes and giving careful consideration to constructive criticism. I still would prefer SVG to DC but I think he may be growing. Whether it is out if desperation to save his job or not I do not know but if his team can play with that sense of desperation it will be a good thing. I still have issues with DC some if which you have raised. The biggest issue for me is that last 2 minutes player rotation and play selection. We shall see how it plays out. I do think when someone makes a move that you or I may think makes sense he should be given credit because if said move does not work out he will be criticized. Is he the perfect coach --No. Is there hope for him moving forward -Yes. If he reverts back to Salmons in lieu of Fields that will certainly irk many posters including us both.

23. Like FoxMachine liked this post
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

Thread Information