Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the brooms out.

Comment

People are so over reactionary. Were not going to get swept, everyone is predicting this series to go 6 or 7 games because these teams are so evenly matched. Someone had to lose game one and we ended up losing. Time to go out and take game two.

Comment

Game 1 was lost due to jitters and not because Brooklyn was the better team. Brooklyn basically used the same game plan they used in the regular season. They hit some tough shots but the Raptors are a resilient bunch. I will be surprised if the Raptors lose in 4. I can see them turn things around.

Ross needs to stop with the stupid fouls. DD needs to pretend its a regular season game. JV needs to hold on to the ball and Amir needs to bring it. 3 key guys did absolutely nothing. 1 gave the ball away too many times.

If they relax a bit and play like they know how to play they win.

There is pressure now to win but that pressure is different than playing in your first playoff game ever. The Raptors have this one - book it!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Game 1 was lost due to jitters and not because Brooklyn was the better team. Brooklyn basically used the same game plan they used in the regular season. They hit some tough shots but the Raptors are a resilient bunch. I will be surprised if the Raptors lose in 4. I can see them turn things around.

Ross needs to stop with the stupid fouls. DD needs to pretend its a regular season game. JV needs to hold on to the ball and Amir needs to bring it. 3 key guys did absolutely nothing. 1 gave the ball away too many times.

If they relax a bit and play like they know how to play they win.

There is pressure now to win but that pressure is different than playing in your first playoff game ever. The Raptors have this one - book it!
          Soooo the only reason toronto lost, was that they are jittery, and Brooklyn is better.

sooooo nothing to worry about here.

At least youre staying positive. i'm not, I'm have already moved on in some ways. This one is over. and "Fuck Brooklyn", yeah, that helped...... lots right? only got FULL PAGE front page attenion in a massive backfire in a paper 200 million people read every day. Woooooooohooooooo.

Toronto is facing the biggest uphill battle I have seen in sports now.

They are young - this is natural and acceptable
          a jump shooting team in the playoffs - this was always going to be the achilles heel, and if you werent worried, you should have been
          un-desireable to the NBA or media - kiss of death
          playing a team from the most important media market to advertisers - NBA and officials already have um on the endangered list. Watch how officials take wind out of raps sail at the start of every game, just like last time Brooklyn and Toronto played. Hit um hard in the first 5 mins, take rhythm away, then of course fuck um down the stretch in a game where every possession counts.

I'm still cheering for the home team. Obviously.

But I'm not liking the chances here. Nobody wants toronto to win. and trust me, it makes a huge difference.

Comment

We need to run the fucking break!!! Everytime we pushed we got good looks, take advantage of those old guys and run it down their throat.

Comment

Love the rivalry brewing between cities. Raps gotta show up Tuesday to back Masai up

Comment

Toronto aint cooked yet.

They have one more game here with rabid fans, and an entire nation backing um.

I would prefer to see angry DD come out...... He needs to look across the room at that big dumb white kid he seems to look off a lot, seems not to respect, because of all players, JV has surprised the most as the guy who has elevated every single time he has needed to down the stretch.

JV is too young for the stupid mental games BS they all seem caught up in. He is reading his note, pinned to his stall, and heading out to keep it simple, hard and he's competing.

i COMPLETELY know the NBA hads a bit to say about foul calls, momentum calls etc...they have been doing this shit for years to the "also rans". But DD has power to change that himself too, but HE HAS TO DO IT. Anint nobody coming to save his day for him.

Who thnks he can?

Who supports DD???

I am going to say i do. I think he can roar back. As can Amir, and everyone else.

But make no mistake, if it doesn't happen next game. Its over.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Soooo the only reason toronto lost, was that they are jittery, and Brooklyn is better.

sooooo nothing to worry about here.

At least youre staying positive. i'm not, I'm have already moved on in some ways. This one is over. and "Fuck Brooklyn", yeah, that helped...... lots right? only got FULL PAGE front page attenion in a massive backfire in a paper 200 million people read every day. Woooooooohooooooo.

Toronto is facing the biggest uphill battle I have seen in sports now.

They are young - this is natural and acceptable
                  a jump shooting team in the playoffs - this was always going to be the achilles heel, and if you werent worried, you should have been
                  un-desireable to the NBA or media - kiss of death
                  playing a team from the most important media market to advertisers - NBA and officials already have um on the endangered list. Watch how officials take wind out of raps sail at the start of every game, just like last time Brooklyn and Toronto played. Hit um hard in the first 5 mins, take rhythm away, then of course fuck um down the stretch in a game where every possession counts.

I'm still cheering for the home team. Obviously.

But I'm not liking the chances here. Nobody wants toronto to win. and trust me, it makes a huge difference.

I love a good conspiracy but after watching game 1 I don't see any bias towards the Nets. If anything I thought the Raptors got away with a few things themselves. As for being young.. yeah no kidding but young teams can win too (look at GSW last year). As for being a jump shooting team.. well you should see the short chart for Brooklyn. They shoot jumpers too - a lot of them.

Chicago beat the Nets in 7 games last year.. how come the league didn't try to give the win to the Nets last year considering Brooklyn is in a much larger market than Chicago? Or how did San Antonio get to the finals? Last time I checked San Antonio was actually a small market. You can call me naive but I think you might need to take off that tin foil hat of yours.. because the world ain't out to get your team.

The Raptors lost because DeMar was shooting bricks, Amir was absent and TR was fouling guys left right and center. That happened because it was their first playoffs ever. They are no longer playoff virgins. If they do what they did in the regular season they win. I think it's as simple as that.

Comment

Chicagoa is an absolutely huge market for the NBA bud.

Anyhow, i'm done with this. This discussion is something I hear more with older guys that understand the business of pro sports as it relates to advertising dollars.

Most the guys here are true sports fans, and don't bother with this stuff and I dont blame them, but honestly, its real.

Anyhow, its not completely tyranical, it can be defeated....but it has to be bold, and it has to be blatant and hard.

I think toronto has the balls to do it..... MU already started it, he is SUPER clever..... FUCK BROOKLYN was brilliant.

Now its time for the players to dust themselves off....see that despite a stacked deck and poor performances, they only lost by 7.

I'm not giving up, I just appreciate how hard it will be for toronto to pull it off.

Comment

Comment

Jack is more connected, more intelligent (from a pro ball standpoint) and more knowledgeable than any of us. He's also not a shiner nor is he soft. He's old school.

He isn't wrong.

Comment

No fouls in the fourth quarter (well, until the game had been decided) is extremely strange.

I'm ready to believe that Prokorhov was involved before the NBA head office though.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

well either way, now the players know the fix is in, is on them to turn this shit around.

So, if you do foul...kill someone

Comment

JV needs to play 40 minutes in game 2. No reason for him to be on the bench. He's the biggest key to winning this series.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Who thnks he can?

Who supports DD???

I am going to say i do. I think he can roar back. As can Amir, and everyone else.

But make no mistake, if it doesn't happen next game. Its over.
                                Are you pregnant dude huge mood swing, you were all negative nancy last page and now you like dd. lmao
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X