Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Really? Praise an NBA coach for doing what so many lowly fans have been suggesting for much of the season (at the very least since the new team luster wore off Salmons)?

Many of his supporters have trashed fans/posters for claiming to know better than an NBA coach, throughout the season. Yet when he finally does something that was painfully obvious, he should get praised? Granted it might have saved his job, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation of his coaching abilities long-term.

Plus, the fact that he burned out JV in the 1st quarter and let Fields rot on the bench in the 3rd quarter, while DeRozan was doing his best impression of a turnstile, far outweigh any good decisions he made. His bad decisions nearly cost the Raptors the game, while his good decision was called for by most fans, reporters, etc...
    Hey! Im not lowly... ):
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Casey burns out JV by playing him an entire 12 minute 1st quarter. Crappy coach.

Thibs plays Jimmy Butler the entire 53 minutes in a 53 minute game. Great coach.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Casey burns out JV by playing him an entire 12 minute 1st quarter. Crappy coach.

Thibs plays Jimmy Butler the entire 53 minutes in a 53 minute game. Great coach.
        The only criticism I've ever heard of Thibs, and I'm beginning to hear this in many different places, is that he burns out his players.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I think he meant that KG was on fire to start game 2, but disappeared in the second half of game 2.
          That is exactly what I meant.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Ya, the Nets get tired as the game goes on, thats why i'd like to see Hansborough in to use 6 fouls on Garnett and Pierce in the first half....wear them down, literally. You could see it in PP's jumper, he will miss more as the series goes on if he's pushed physically....Garnett's back will fail.

But you have to do it with force. You need to be physical as hell.

The ends will justify the means, and we ALL know the whistles will be out on the raps..... so they might as well make it worth their while.

If Garnett wants to compare the Raptors to YMCA players, great, lets play a little YMCA basketball, and where I'm from, that mean't really, REALLY tough ball.
            Yup. Playoffs are a war of attrition as much as anything. The reason playoff basketball is different than the regular season is because the physical play you bring on Tuesday will help you win on Friday. The regular season, if you beat up Tuesday's opponent, it more likely benefits a different team on Friday.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We need to go to Brooklyn, fuck them up, and come back to Canada and win in five.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                We need to go to Brooklyn, fuck them up, and come back to Canada and win in five.
                your american tho
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  your american tho
                  Dual citizen bro, Canadian and American passports.

I live here and cheer for Canada in all events over the U.S.

I still visit family there tho.

Comment

• P.S.

Are we gonna make a game 3 thread?

The game 2 one popped up quickly after game 1.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      P.S.

Are we gonna make a game 3 thread?

The game 2 one popped up quickly after game 1.
                      Whoever made the Game 2 thread should make the game 3 thread because we won
                      Gotta keep the tradition
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OK then,

TRex, you're up!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I agree Casey needs some serious tweaks to his rotations, but no way I would take Demar out after only 4 minutes.
                          He did that with Ross...who started ok

Then had no legs and went cold. Need to let players get into a rythm before giving them a breather

Comment

• Holy crap, Jamaal Magloire:

No, the most mercurial presence on the team is Toronto-born team consultant and aide-du-camp Jamaal Magloire. The former All-Star sits behind the bench during games. Based on observation, his primary job is berating the opposition.

Do Garnett’s comments bother you?

"Hell, nah," Magloire drawled. "He’s a talker who can’t back it up."

After dropping the mic, he swiveled away. Then he turned back and waved a finger the size of a jumbo hot dog.

"And you can print that."

Jamaal Magloire. Canada’s hype man.

Found it on SB Nation
                            OG is our king

Comment

• Yeh I don't like seeing JV play 12 straight minutes in the first, I guess this would open up a few minutes for hansbrough. Aside from this I love the Patman/Amir combo and they did great last game when in together. So as long as Amir can move, I don't wanna see hansbrough out there too much.

Comment

• Ross needs to step up HUGE. a total non factor in both games so far, without his spacing and the inability of most of our starters to hit 3s (derozan being the most glaringly obvious) we only have lowry to help spread their D while they can just clog the paint. Problematic since offensively that's where DD, JV and Amir's effectiveness is.

meanwhile Brooklyns starters are so dangerous with their 3 from pierce, d will, and JJ that more often than not we're caught scrambling as they swing that ball around its scary. I think we've been really lucky it hasn't hurt us that bad so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X