Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Really? Praise an NBA coach for doing what so many lowly fans have been suggesting for much of the season (at the very least since the new team luster wore off Salmons)?

Many of his supporters have trashed fans/posters for claiming to know better than an NBA coach, throughout the season. Yet when he finally does something that was painfully obvious, he should get praised? Granted it might have saved his job, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation of his coaching abilities long-term.

Plus, the fact that he burned out JV in the 1st quarter and let Fields rot on the bench in the 3rd quarter, while DeRozan was doing his best impression of a turnstile, far outweigh any good decisions he made. His bad decisions nearly cost the Raptors the game, while his good decision was called for by most fans, reporters, etc...
    Same could be said the other way around.. "His good decisions kept them in the game and his bad decisions are extracted and focused on by some people". Depends on the perspective. Every coach has positives and negatives with their coaching styles, the end results are what matter. The raptors would get swept if they were a poorly coached team.

And BTW, I'm by no means a 'Casey supporter'. I just don't get all the hate towards him when he's done his job reasonably well. There aren't many Popovich's out there, so sometimes we need to settle for just an 'OK' head coach.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      I do love watching Hansbrough, but he looks better than he is. He can't avoid contact (ends up shooting FT's where others would have made the basket or would be shooting an and1), and is often a black hole (went almost 4 months without a multiple assist game).
      He went 4 months without a multiple assist game? Trade him! Trade him now, for 2nd round picks! :P

I think that might be because he just doesn't get the ball dude. He's a scrapper. And he gets fouled. Even if he only makes one of his FT, it's a better than average possession because not only do you get a point (which is about average when looking at possessions in the grand scheme of things), you put the other team closer to the bonus and put their players closer to foul trouble. In that sense he's our MVP
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• For fun, I just visited Brooklyn's TruHoop site. They haven't had a new post in 8 weeks!

I suddenly have a new found appreciation for Raptors Republic.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          For fun, I just visited Brooklyn's TruHoop site. They haven't had a new post in 8 weeks!

I suddenly have a new found appreciation for Raptors Republic.
          It's because we're the best, around! Nothing's gonna ever keep us down!

Sing with me!
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
            OK then,

TRex, you're up!
            well, that failed already

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Really? Praise an NBA coach for doing what so many lowly fans have been suggesting for much of the season (at the very least since the new team luster wore off Salmons)?

Many of his supporters have trashed fans/posters for claiming to know better than an NBA coach, throughout the season. Yet when he finally does something that was painfully obvious, he should get praised? Granted it might have saved his job, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation of his coaching abilities long-term.

Plus, the fact that he burned out JV in the 1st quarter and let Fields rot on the bench in the 3rd quarter, while DeRozan was doing his best impression of a turnstile, far outweigh any good decisions he made. His bad decisions nearly cost the Raptors the game, while his good decision was called for by most fans, reporters, etc...
              He did make the adjustment and it was appropriate. I am not his biggest fan. Part of being a good coach is learning from your mistakes and giving careful consideration to constructive criticism. I still would prefer SVG to DC but I think he may be growing. Whether it is out if desperation to save his job or not I do not know but if his team can play with that sense of desperation it will be a good thing. I still have issues with DC some if which you have raised. The biggest issue for me is that last 2 minutes player rotation and play selection. We shall see how it plays out. I do think when someone makes a move that you or I may think makes sense he should be given credit because if said move does not work out he will be criticized. Is he the perfect coach --No. Is there hope for him moving forward -Yes. If he reverts back to Salmons in lieu of Fields that will certainly irk many posters including us both.

Comment

Working...
              X