Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Since the Raptors are undefeated whenever i create a game thread. Figure why not make this one

KEYS TO THE GAME:

1. DeRozan needs to step up offensively.
    2. Keep pounding the ball inside to JV and Amir.
    3. Stay out of foul trouble.
    4. Contain the Nets big guns, Williams and Johnson specially. Those two could easily do whatever they want to do offensively today.
    5. 3pt Defense. Raptors got lucky today. Nets missed a TON of wide open 3's. Teletovic specially, who usually is money from 3.

Last edited by The Great One; Mon Apr 21, 2014, 12:14 AM.
    Mamba Mentality

I have a feeling we're gonna play a lot better in game 2

Let's hope Casey figures out a scheme to stop Joe Johnson from constantly backing down his man and shooting 3 footers over the smaller defender
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Looking forward to opening up this on Tuesday

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Raptors are going to have to play waaay better. It's not like the nets played at peak in this game. As OP stated they missed a crapload of threes and their bench was abolutely AWFUL. Like it literally couldn't have been worse. Thornton and Teletovic were out there building a house of brick, Blatche was missing open layups (as he can do), Plumlee was influential but he was hardly out there due to picking up 5 fouls in 10 mins. Anderson was okayish i guess.. Joe Johnson scored a really easy 24 points, felt like he was hardly involved but when occasionally called on he scored effortlessly.
        Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Apr 20, 2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

A big key to the game is on defence; STAY ON YOUR FEET! Raps bit on every single pump fake which lead to so many open shots
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Also, stick to the game plan, go into the paint. JV was murdering people in the first quarter but barely got any touches (as usual) after that, KEEP FEEDING HIM THE BALL! Establish a presence inside the paint and the outside will open up
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              Also, stick to the game plan, go into the paint. JV was murdering people in the first quarter but barely got any touches (as usual) after that, KEEP FEEDING HIM THE BALL! Establish a presence inside the paint and the outside will open up
              Disagree. Someone made a good point in the first game thread:

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              But that's the thing. JV wasn't dominating as a scorer or anything. In fact he missed a couple of gimmes. He was playing very well, but he's just not capable of being a guy you can go to 20-25 times in a game yet (maybe not ever in terms of with regularity). It wasn't "working" in a way where he could've carried us to a win to offset the shit wing play. The wing play was totally epically horrible. You're not going to win with that.

Comment

I'm worried that were going to see more Chuck Hayes next game.

If we're playing Chuck, for chrissske just play Landry. Neither of them can shoot, but Landry can at least make a cut to the basket.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  I'm worried that were going to see more Chuck Hayes next game.

If we're playing Chuck, for chrissske just play Landry. Neither of them can shoot, but Landry can at least make a cut to the basket.
                  More Hansbrough. Energy guy who draws fouls and mixes it up vs the old cranky KG is basically a guaranteed Tech on KG.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    More Hansbrough. Energy guy who draws fouls and mixes it up vs the old cranky KG is basically a guaranteed Tech on KG.
                    I feel the same way about handsbro though: he cant shoot, so may as well be playing Landry.

That said, I'd rather handsbro over Hayes.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

KG is so fucking old, get JV in instantly when he comes back into the game

Comment

Toronto won't win.

Players are too soft. No guts from what I can see.

Shoulda tanked properly.

Comment

Comment

Only reason to play Hayes, is if Blatche goes into Raptors killing mode. Chucks strength could limit Blatche's effect, but that's it. Fields should definitely play over Salmons, but won't I think we should throw in the towel on this matter.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X