Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Brooklyn Nets 95 - Toronto Raptors 100 (Series Tied 1-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i'm just saying they don't match up horribly against us at all. JV would hold us back against the wizards. but against brooklyn, JV has a huge advantage.
    True, though we are at a size disadvantage at pretty much every other positions against the nets. I think on the whole we match-up somewhat better against the nets. Beal and Ariza shoot well but don't really penetrate, while Wall penetrates but can't shoot.

I think our bigs are more or less even.

And I like the idea of Wall trying to be a hero, and shooting them out of close games (though admittedly we didn't see that tonight).

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
      True, though we are at a size disadvantage at pretty much every other positions against the nets. I think on the whole we match-up somewhat better against the nets. Beal and Ariza shoot well but don't really penetrate, while Wall penetrates but can't shoot.

I think our bigs are more or less even.

And I like the idea of Wall trying to be a hero, and shooting them out of close games (though admittedly we didn't see that tonight).
      Or he could shoot them into games

Plus walls speed scares the shit outta me in a 7 game series
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Or he could shoot them into games

Plus walls speed scares the shit outta me in a 7 game series
        I mean, anything is possible. Wall is not a shooter. If anyone gets hot, it'll be Beal or Ariza.

Moreover, Walls speed isn't as much of a threat -- pace tends to slow in playoffs, fastbreak teams (and players) tend to suffer.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          These guys have a golden opportunity to make a name for themselves. We need to bounce back next game. Demar and TRoss need to step it up for us to win. I would suggest using Fields as other posters have mentioned. Salmons has been dissappointing after the all star break but I still think he can bounce back. The guys need to calm their nerves and make sure they get a good nights sleep before the game.
          Fields should get a shot at covering JJ. Definitely want to avoid Vasquez on Williams.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            If Amir is really having trouble guarding Pierce, Then I would say put Landry in at the 4 because he can easily defend Pierce and Landry is a solid rebounder and has solid size at 6'8
            Good point.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
              I mean, anything is possible. Wall is not a shooter. If anyone gets hot, it'll be Beal or Ariza.

Moreover, Walls speed isn't as much of a threat -- pace tends to slow in playoffs, fastbreak teams (and players) tend to suffer.
              His blow yes are just deadly, but only when he's engaged
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• So apparently the ESPN guy who blew the fuse got caught once and did it again! Bastards!

NBA.com wrote:
                Raptors spokesman Jim LaBumbard said the problem was accidentally caused by a member of the ESPN broadcast crew who twice plugged something into the wrong spot.

Source
                Actually a good article overall as well.

Comment

• ugh I feel like ive already waited a week for game 2. Wish it was tomorrow.

Comment

• I don't know why, but I feel worse about the Game 1 loss today than yesterday.

Really want the team to get revenge on Tuesday.
                    OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Wiz matchup with us horribly that's why Im sure we could beat them in 6
                      The Wizard forums that I was looking on were hoping for Chicago for that exact reason (the common thought was that they match up better against Chicago and the only advantage was Chicago having a much better coach). They generally did not want any part of Toronto.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Barkley just now: The Toronto Raptors are going to beat the Brooklyn Nets.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Barkley just now: The Toronto Raptors are going to beat the Brooklyn Nets.
                          And what were his reasoning for thinking that?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I never knew Barkley was a fan of DeMar ahaha
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              We were to nervous and we didn't play our game
                              He believes our nervousness would be gone by game 2 and we can beat these old geezers

LMAO
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Raptors are the better team. And i agree w/ him.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X