No announcement yet.

#FreeLandyFields vs Brooklyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross needs one game to regroup he looks like a zombie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
      Starting Landry is an interesting idea.

If we start Landry to match up with Joe Johnson, Terrence could actually be a bit of a spark coming off the bench. All of a sudden he is being guarded by one of their bench guys (Anderson or Thornton, for example, as opposed to Livingston or Johnson) and he might start to get it going a bit. I don't see Terrence having a huge impact when he has to work really hard on defence, and then can't really get any rhythm taking tough jumpers on offence.

If we find a way to get Ross going, it could be huge. I feel as if our guys haven't really been on the same page yet, firing on different cylinders. All our main rotation guys need to contribute.
      I actually think its better to save Fields legs, and keep them fresh for end-of-game defense.

Comment

• Don't apologize for shit! This high-collared prick did nothing for us but pretend! #FuckBrooklyn #MasaiWarrior

Comment

• Fuck brooklyn

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            His twitter feed is way too religious. Almost creepy

Haha I agree. Same with his instagram.

Comment

• Fields played well but I wouldn't start him. Raps need to get in rhythm on offence to get the game going, and that means they need Ross's shooting and spacing. Plus like someone mentioned above, saving Fields for big minutes makes sense since he hasn't played much this season. Hard to suddenly play significant minutes, he'll need to be used in spurts.

One thing I noticed last night is that when the Nets went deep into the bench, Casey left JV and other starters in there even though they were starting to look gassed. I thought there were a few moments when it would have made sense to sub out either JV or Amir for a brief spell (the last 2 mins of a quarter - JV looked gassed and the Nets had the bench on). Would have made sense to let JV sit for 2 mins then return after the break, fresher.

Still want to see me some more Hansbrough though.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• What amazes me is not that the whole Fields addition worked, what amazes me is that Casey tried it, and tried it for real. The guy went from being screwed to the bench to 18 min in the most important game of the season. When you try something, do it real : nice job, DC.

This and the fact that no matter how hot Greivis was and cold KL was during 1st half, DC stuck to his initial game plan shows that he actually had a plan for the game. It may sound stupid but it is huge.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  I actually think its better to save Fields legs, and keep them fresh for end-of-game defense.
                  Agreed. Brooklyn will no doubt scheme against Fields for game 3 (both on offense and defense).

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    I thought Landry Field would be a non-factor.

I thought all you guys pimping Landry Fields were blowing his game way out of proportion.

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG.
                    You weren't wrong. You're the man that signed him to that wonderful contract. Cheers!
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• As one poster who supported the use of Fields over guys like Salmons, Hansbrough and Hayes (and has been all season), I was happy for him to see him contribute so much defensively. In fact, I was yelling at my TV during the 3rd quarter when JJ and then AA (really, Alan Anderson?) were abusing DeRozan, wondering why DC wouldn't sub-in Fields for DD. The game would never have gone down to the wire if he had made that move. DC will sit any other player if they aren't playing well on both ends, except for DeRozan, and I just don't get it (it's not like he was contributing any offense in the 3rd quarter).
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Apr 23, 2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Landry Fields was a bad contract but not terrible. If he wasn't injured getting a young SF for under 10 is a good deal especially compared to Gay @19 mil. Toronto needed a SF

Comment

• I would love him if he had a reasonable contract.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hopefully DC plays Fields this upcoming game. He might not have done anyhting offensively, but, he's still a net positive with his defense.

Don't need him to score, as long as he can keep Brooklyn's defense guessing with his cuts if they leave him open, and if he can contain PP/JJ. Limiting them to 40% or so, will be the reason why we win, IMO at least.

Comment

Working...
                            X